Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Kirby wrote: »
    There is no question that clickers hear you better. On normal, once you are crouched, you can move about at full speed...even right up to them for a shiv grab. If you full speed crouch around clickers on survivor, they hear you. The same applies to runners. They hear you sneak up behind them if you aren't careful. You have to half-speed with the control stick when you are near them....for example when sneaking past them or up behind them for a shiv

Also the half speed crouching thing is true of Hard mode too. I havent played Normal or below so haven't experienced any differing levels of hearing from the clickamabobbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

My game went a bit haywire where you meet the first bloater.Nothing was working and the characters wouldnt interact.I sorted it by deleting the "Game Utility Data" in the PS3 home menu.Once deleted load the game and you'll be prompted to re download the patch.Worked for me anyway.

Thanks, I'll give that a bash.

Considering formating my PS3 after that, just incase.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just got the game today,gonna try the mp first,is there a boards clan or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just got the game today,gonna try the mp first,is there a boards clan or anything?

Honesty, playing multiplayer first is like buying the dvd of one of the finest movies ever made, ignoring the film and go straight into the extras.

Play the single player campaign. It's amazing and will give the knowhow on what to do in MP later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Is this game in the mould of Heavy Rain for story telling? Really enjoy that style of play. I know it's most likely a linear plot but that kind of intense story is my cup of tea. Will probably pick this up on Friday night and try get it finished over the weekend.

Not really, I wouldn't have compared the two very closely. The only thing they really have in common is a high level of graphical fidelity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

anybody get kick out of the online game.

Just finished my mission and got kicked out. hope i don't lose 60% because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Why why whyyy would you jump into the mp section of a game that's strongest aspect is its story?

I'm just at the section where
    Ellie legs it from the dam and you go after her on horse
    It was nice to have a pretty long section not facing infected after the suburbs, that was intense. I kept dying in the section where
    you're waiting for the door to open and you and Henry have to hold off a pile of clickers and infected
    , had 28 deaths now am at 40 odd :(

Has anyone thought they'd ballsed something up, just went "ah fcuk it" and charged into a pile of enemies suicidally, then actually made it through alive? I've done that a few times lol, stealth not working? grab a plank and smashy smashy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I went into multi player cause i only had an hour to spare,waiting to free up some time for the sp so I can totally engross myself in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm loving the MP. I only play it with friends though and can't imagine it would be much fun solo.
    Survivor is great fun. It's kind like search and destroy but when y'er last alive/die your mates can still talk to you. Hilarious one of them screaming to run left and the other eejit telling me to go right.

I like the SP but not very far into it and for the moment am just hooked on MP.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm loving the MP. I only play it with friends though and can't imagine it would be much fun solo.
    Survivor is great fun. It's kind like search and destroy but when y'er last alive/die your mates can still talk to you. Hilarious one of them screaming to run left and the other eejit telling me to go right.

I like the SP but not very far into it and for the moment am just hooked on MP.

Firefly or Hunter?
    If the former adddd mehhh: Timmyctc :pac:

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Firefly or Hunter?
    If the former adddd mehhh: Timmyctc :pac:

Tbh I don't understand the significance.
    I'm in week 7 or 8 and keep getting attacked by Fireflies (according to the screenshots) so guess I'm a hunter. Does it effect the gameplay which one you are?

Tbh I don't understand the significance.
    I'm in week 7 or 8 and keep getting attacked by Fireflies (according to the screenshots) so guess I'm a hunter. Does it effect the gameplay which one you are?

Well like if youre a hunter you cant party up with a firefly afaik. Its the equivilant of picking RU or US on CoD or Bf3 and being committed to them for the 12 week yoke. Its largely cosmetic I think.

I played a good bit on Sunday. Was in a party of two and then another mate joined. Haven't been on this week but it would suck if a friend couldn't join a party because they were in the middle of a different "faction" campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've just started
    Winter, the deer hunting is excellent, lovely snow effects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

krudler wrote: »
    I've just started

That's one of my favourite passages of play :)

I played a good bit on Sunday. Was in a party of two and then another mate joined. Haven't been on this week but it would suck if a friend couldn't join a party because they were in the middle of a different "faction" campaign.

Just read that its all cosmetic and in the end you can party up with whomever you choose. :)

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just read that its all cosmetic and in the end you can party up with whomever you choose. :)
    U around this evening for a few games?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    U around this evening for a few games?

be around now till about 8/8.30. OH is coming over so I guess I'll have to spend time with her and not the last of us :/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

krudler wrote: »
    I've just started

What I really love about that part is how you can
    follow the blood trail and footprints to track the deer. The game never tells you to or lights them up to make it obvious, it just lets you work it out on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's a smash this is 55eu in gamestop :(. I can't really afford that. Amazon is around 50 too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It's a smash this is 55eu in gamestop :(. I can't really afford that. Amazon is around 50 too. :(

Xtravision are doing a trade in deal where you trade in 2 games on the list you only pay a fiver.Gamestop have a similar deal but you pay a ten for the game.
    http://www.xtra-vision.ie/trade-in-two-games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'm in my survivor playthrough and boy are resources short. Just at the absolute pant sh1ting part in the hotel. full health, 3 Molotovs 8 shotgun shells, 6 rifle rounds, 2 arrows 4 revolver rounds, 1 med pack 1 shiv and a lead pipe. I don't have enough :pac:

I have noticed the npc's throwing me the odd bit of ammo and health when times are bad :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I've finally had a chance to give the multiplayer a go, I was left feeling a tad disappointed with it. I know other comments don't reflect this but it wasn't my cup of tea. To be honest I turned it off last night and started Tomb Raider instead.

King Krib wrote: »
    I've finally had a chance to give the multiplayer a go, I was left feeling a tad disappointed with it. I know other comments don't reflect this but it wasn't my cup of tea. To be honest I turned it off last night and started Tomb Raider instead.

No, I understand it's not to everyone's taste. I have a mate I play with who gets utterly bewildered if you don't like a game he does.

We've had great fun on Survivor - 3 of us , executing each others downs, heroic revivals, last man clutches etc but you have to be playing in a party who like the game too.

Turned the SP on yesterday to play ten minutes and get through a section was stuck on..........3 hours later still playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I'm in my survivor playthrough and boy are resources short. Just at the absolute pant sh1ting part in the hotel. full health, 3 Molotovs 8 shotgun shells, 6 rifle rounds, 2 arrows 4 revolver rounds, 1 med pack 1 shiv and a lead pipe. I don't have enough :pac:

I have noticed the npc's throwing me the odd bit of ammo and health when times are bad :-)

I'm on my new game plus play through and I'm just at the
    generator
    part in the hotel and I'm finding it very hard to bring myself to play it again! After creeping around the hotel for 20 minutes, when I first tried the generator I just ran for it and the
    bloater
    was right in the hall by the exit so I just had to run again, and I got so terrorised by the whole experience I had to turn the game off for a bit, haven't gone back to it yet. Need a drink beforehand I think! Doesn't help playing that section with a headset, just hearing the stalkers breathing for the whole level gets under your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I finished it yesterday, it's good, no doubt about it, and at times (particularly outside), the graphics are spectacular, but it's not the game of the decade.
    I think it would have been better without the infected, they add very little to the game. I only played on normal, but being able to crawl up to non-blind people with a flashlight straight in their eyes, and they don't notice, ruined the immersion for me. I much preferred the parts with human enemies as they'd at least try and flank you and would surprise you instead of just running straight at you.
    Also, me crawling around trying to be quiet, and then some other character singing or shouting in the background, or walking right in front of enemies, who of course pay him/her no heed, is annoying as well.
    But overall a very good game, don't think I'll be rushing to go for a second playthrough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm on my new game plus play through and I'm just at the
    generator
    part in the hotel and I'm finding it very hard to bring myself to play it again! After creeping around the hotel for 20 minutes, when I first tried the generator I just ran for it and the
    bloater
    was right in the hall by the exit so I just had to run again, and I got so terrorised by the whole experience I had to turn the game off for a bit, haven't gone back to it yet. Need a drink beforehand I think! Doesn't help playing that section with a headset, just hearing the stalkers breathing for the whole level gets under your skin.
    The bloater comes at you from the same level the generator is on. However, if you move to the back of that room, there is a slope allowing you to move up to the next level. Make a bee-line for the door and you can avoid most/all of the infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mcgovern wrote: »
    I think it would have been better without the infected, they add very little to the game. I only played on normal, but being able to crawl up to non-blind people with a flashlight straight in their eyes, and they don't notice, ruined the immersion for me. I much preferred the parts with human enemies as they'd at least try and flank you and would surprise you instead of just running straight at you.

The bolded bit is the problem IMO. The normal mode was too easy. Replay the game on Hard or Survivor and you will enjoy it more but ND should have made it more difficult IMO.
    mcgovern wrote: »
    Also, me crawling around trying to be quiet, and then some other character singing or shouting in the background, or walking right in front of enemies, who of course pay him/her no heed, is annoying as well.

I actually really appreciated this. It is certainly more desirable than the alternative, where the AI character becomes a beacon for all of the enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Otacon wrote: »
    I actually really appreciated this. It is certainly more desirable than the alternative, where the AI character becomes a beacon for all of the enemies.

It's better than that alternative, for sure. But the best option would have been to have at least a semi-decent AI, that follows your lead. The AI for everything in this was fairly bad.
    The amount of times I stood at a door with a shotgun, for the human enemies to run in 1 at a time to be blown apart....

Advertisement