Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh my god I hate the multiplayer so much. Week 12 of the hunter campaign, last challenge/mission came up. Picked an easy one- revive team mates. Next three matches we totally dominated, no one needed reviving. Mission failed, clan wiped out and back to square f****** one. Best part of two weeks wasted. Words cannot express my rage :(

Kill your own team mates, revive them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Oh my god I hate the multiplayer so much. Week 12 of the hunter campaign, last challenge/mission came up. Picked an easy one- revive team mates. Next three matches we totally dominated, no one needed reviving. Mission failed, clan wiped out and back to square f****** one. Best part of two weeks wasted. Words cannot express my rage :(

Dont pick revives for your last mission so :P. heals is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Giving gifts is really simple too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I tired the multiplayer for about 6 hours didnt like it so traded my copy in about 4 days after release, good game but i thought multi was just a bit crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Add me if ye are playing in multi player. Im sick of losing ha Word of warning im not the best

psn: td89im

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah the multi is a waste of time in this. I hope the DLC is single player and not multiplayer otherwise I'm trading it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

People seem to be split opinions on the Multi. Myself and all my friends love it. Can see how some people mightnt like it.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    People seem to be split opinions on the Multi. Myself and all my friends love it. Can see how some people mightnt like it.

The gameplay in multi is fine, what annoys me is the clan system and its all or nothing approach with the challenges/missions it gives you. I was doing well and just picking the wrong type of mission wiped out almost two weeks worth of progress.
    I'm only playing the multiplayer to get the trophies which makes it even more frustrating. The single player is absolutely amazing, but the clan system turns multiplayer into a chore to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I hate those stupid missions in multiplayer. It would be far better without them and the whole clan system. Also if you shoot someone with a shorty they shouldn't be able to take their mellee weapon out and kill you. You get recoil from the gun they shud be knocked back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Point blank blast from a rifle/shotgun. No kill or knock back.

3 or 4 punches. Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

exactly, the amount of times i shot someone when they are punching for them to just carry on punching is unbelievable. its ridiculous. or someone is running at you and you shoot them with the shorty and they just keep coming like u hit them with fresh air. grrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

What's the story on DLC? I was planning on getting the Season Pass but a friend told me that only one of the downloads is story-based and the rest are all related to multiplayer. Is that true? It's just that I have no interest in the multiplayer (nothing personal to this game, I just never have an interest in the online multiplayer really).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I really enjoyed the online and already bet the story for hunters and fireflies but i feel like the online was rushed with missing alot of features and game modes and maps.

Also i have a few complaints about it. When you bring down an enemy it would of made more sense you could still shoot someone than just crawl away. Also i feel if you have a medkit on you you should be able to heal yourself when you are down aswell.

Another complaint i have is with the executions. You should be able to interrupt a special execution that should be able to save your team mate from dying. Too many times myself or one of my team mates would stop an enemy performing a special execution only for the person who is receiving the beating to still be killed even if the enemy was killed.

I dunno about anyone else but after the patch they released recently about 70% of my online matches have been lag fest. There were more than one occasion where i be shooting and moving around the map and bodies would remain on the floor and just bug out on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah. Just on the listen mode. I think it took away a lot of the tense element of the game. They should've moderated it. I'd love to replay single player on survivor, but my PS3 won't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah. Just on the listen mode. I think it took away a lot of the tense element of the game. They should've moderated it. I'd love to replay single player on survivor, but my PS3 won't handle it.

When did you finish your 1st playthrough?

Verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

C14N wrote: »
    What's the story on DLC? I was planning on getting the Season Pass but a friend told me that only one of the downloads is story-based and the rest are all related to multiplayer. Is that true? It's just that I have no interest in the multiplayer (nothing personal to this game, I just never have an interest in the online multiplayer really).

Yep only 1 is story based and the others multiplayer. I think once you click on more info on the pass it says this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tried the MP last night after getting very frustrated with trying to battle my way through the
    Fireflys in the hospital when youdrop off Ellie

I shouldnt have bothered really, I was a complete noob compared to my team and the other 4 guys. It was fairly annoying pumping about 3 or 4 bullets from the semi-auto rifle into a guy and not killing him.

I'll finish the single player tonight or tomorrow before I head back to MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

To have any chance on the MP you need to stick to your teammates whether they're randoms or mates. Going lone wolf is pretty hard imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I did in the first game as we had a good team and we won fairly easily in the end.

The 2nd & 3rd games were a different manner, everyone split up and we were getting killed by the other team as they were hunting in pairs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

My housemate has been playing this for the last week or so. I haven't got the chance to play it yet, but I find that it is a game that I am enjoying watching someone else play - and that is usually never the case with me. The story is told in a great way in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My housemate has been playing this for the last week or so. I haven't got the chance to play it yet, but I find that it is a game that I am enjoying watching someone else play - and that is usually never the case with me. The story is told in a great way in my view.

I finished it last week and in terms of storyline it's easily the most well written and involving game I've ever played. Joel's character arch throughout the game is brilliant, he's a totally flawed human being yet also manages to be a complete bad ass. I found it quite predictable at first but once it get's into the second half of the game it really comes into it's own.
    Particularly the Winter section, and also the moment with the Giraffes in the final part was unexpected for a game.

It's not all that original I suppose, certainly not in the early stages but the character work is outstanding, really couldn't get over how good it was. The fact that the gameplay is good too was a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It certainly gets better, as a game, in the later sections, no doubt, even if I still do think that the basic game mechanics are a little dull.
    Agree with the Giraffe scene. I actually stopped for a while and took that in. When Ellie goes running off, I was screaming at her to stop fkn running off!!!!!!

The settings, on the whole, are great and benefit the experience immensely.
    I wasn't too mad about switching control of the characters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

As far as
    switching control to Ellie
    was concerned

I started that part one boozy weekend afternoon and spent a fcuking hour chasing that mfkn deer.

• EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Im trading the game tomorrow so here is the unused Network pass QGLL-69NE-L949 for anyone who needs it

Also sights and sounds pack voucher code FPAL-C9N7-F2TC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

marvsins wrote: »
    Also sights and sounds pack voucher code FPAL-C9N7-F2TC

Not home so can't use it, nice of you though! What exactly is the sights and sounds pack?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Not home so can't use it, nice of you though! What exactly is the sights and sounds pack?

The pre-order bonuses for The Last of Us have been announced.
    If you pre-order the game at any store, you will get the Sights and Sounds pack. This pack includes:
    The official soundtrack
    A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
    Two avatars (Winter Joel, Winter Ellie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Thats very sound of you marvsins. Sickend I missed out

If anyone else has a sights and sounds pack voucher code i'd be very greatful of a private message

Advertisement