Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Well maybe you haven't played previous Battlefield titles (or FPS titles for that matter) Because the genre existed before COD4 and existed seperately from CoD and still does largely.

I'd been playing FPSs since Goldeneye, although not as frequently but they weren't like Call of Duty. Previous series like Half Life, Quake, Timesplitters, Halo and Medal of Honour were all very different to the standard post-COD4 military FPS game. The only Battlefield I had played before was 1942. I never said or implied that Call of Duty 4 invented the genre (the "4" in the title would inherently spoil that achievement in any case) so I don't know why you think I did. I also didn't say that the genre only exists only around COD, just that it does have a massive influence on aspects of other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Has anybody tried the new interrogation multiplayer mode? It's good enough, find it hard to get parts on tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

etxp wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the new interrogation multiplayer mode? It's good enough, find it hard to get parts on tho.

Is there new DLC?
    I have the season pass but haven't been in the store awhile.
    What's interrogation mode do?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Is there new DLC?
    I have the season pass but haven't been in the store awhile.
    What's interrogation mode do?

Interrogation mode is given free in the latest update 1.03, not too sure what it entails but it involves stealth killing someone but then you are given the opportunity to interrogate to gain access to their lock box or something. But when you are interrogating, you are very vulnerable to attack.

With regards to DLC, no news has surfaced yet but many expect info to be given out today at the PAX Prime event in Seattle, Naughtydog's time slot today is between 2 - 3pm....seattle time :) they will be talking about the game for sure, about an early version they had planned for the story.

Anyway, they said they would be releasing info on the dlc sometime this month. Isn't much left in the month...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I played a few games last night and really enjoyed it.

Tbh I really enjoy all the multiplayer games. Such a great game all round.

• Advertisement

Backfire wrote: »
    Interrogation mode is given free in the latest update 1.03, not too sure what it entails but it involves stealth killing someone but then you are given the opportunity to interrogate to gain access to their lock box or something. But when you are interrogating, you are very vulnerable to attack.

That's pretty much it. Basically instead of a special execution you interrogate them, 5 interrogations and you find out where their lockbox is then you have to open it, but if they find yours you have to defend your own too, it's good. Really benefit from having mic's in this game mode tho.

I really got into the multiplayer on this, my mic keeps giving up tho after 3/4 games then I have to restart the game. Quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like the new mode although it takes a bit of getting used to because I'm used to the sneaky approach of survivor mode.

Interrogation mode gets chaotic very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

i love it

Looks like there was no announcement at the PAX event about the upcoming DLC. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Airborne Soldier

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling this for less than the €55 Gamestop are charging?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's about €41 on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Airborne Soldier

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's about €41 on amazon.co.uk

Saw that, was hoping to get it today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Is there anywhere in Dublin selling this for less than the €55 Gamestop are charging?

€55 in xtravision and smyths, €53.50 in Argos, €50 (2nd hand) in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finished it just now, a fantastic game from Naughty Dog who are at the top of their game.
    Going to give the multiplayer a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Interrogation mode can be incredibly frustrating when you're playing with glory-hogs. They all go to attack the box and die, and let little old me get swarmed while defending.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Interrogation mode can be incredibly frustrating when you're playing with glory-hogs. They all go to attack the box and die, and let little old me get swarmed while defending.

Yea happens a lot. It's nearly easier if they find your box first and when they are attacking it that is the easiest time to interrogate them. But if they hand back until they all are re spawned and attack as a team it's very tough to hold them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Anyone read the original plot for the game? Sounded pretty cool!
    Link

I like the idea of the burning building. Didn't think UC3 did that really well.

Anyone read the original plot for the game? Sounded pretty cool!
    Link

I like the idea of the burning building. Didn't think UC3 did that really well.

the idea of adopting a dog sounds cool but would be very difficult to implement in terms of stealth. Although, I could see uses for the dog, for example training the dog to help take out or knock an enemy to the ground in order for you to launch another attack and kill the enemy. Something like that. Loads of ideas, difficult to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone up for a few online games now? Really loving it and wouldn't mind playing with someone who has a mic.

Been playing mostly by myself and with McMafia online.

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few online games now? Really loving it and wouldn't mind playing with someone who has a mic.

My headset is banjaxed. Let me see can i get her working. Add me on PSN
    Timmyctc

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

I play it on my lonesome all the time, but my mic stops working after like one game, im not sure if its the mic or the game. mic always work when i test it in settings. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I play it on my lonesome all the time, but my mic stops working after like one game, im not sure if its the mic or the game. mic always work when i test it in settings. :(

I had something like that recently. I could hear my friends but no-one could hear me. Went into accessory or sound settings and there's a screen with

Input Device : Turltebeach Headset
    Output Device : Turtlebeach Headset

Changed the output device to something else (TV?) and it works fine. Sound/speech all through headset now.

I will give that a go thanks. It's really bloody annoying specially when you are trying to alert someone of someone sneaking up behind them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Got around to playing this and just finished. Very impressed. The game looks great and plays great when you take your time with each encounter.

The most impressive thing for me though was the voice acting, thought it was excellent, you would at times be forgiven for thinking got were watching a movie. Very well produced.

Got around to playing this and just finished. Very impressed. The game looks great and plays great when you take your time with each encounter.

The most impressive thing for me though was the voice acting, thought it was excellent, you would at times be forgiven for thinking got were watching a movie. Very well produced.

It's very good. The cut scenes aren't voice acting, they are acted out in full with motion suits on or whatever they are called. You get a making of video when you pay for the dlc I found it very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It's very good. The cut scenes aren't voice acting, they are acted out in full with motion suits on or whatever they are called. You get a making of video when you pay for the dlc I found it very interesting.

Ah, yea. The characters are very human in it. Very emotive dialogue throughout.

Ah, yea. The characters are very human in it. Very emotive dialogue throughout.

honestly, there is better acting in this game than half the movies that do be on in the cinemas.

Backfire wrote: »
    honestly, there is better acting in this game than half the movies that do be on in the cinemas.

That's for sure. I think the quality of the acting was the biggest part in getting you in tune with the characters and feel like you are living this story with them. You don't get that with games that just have voice actors.

Anyone on for some multi?

• Advertisement

Anyone on for some multi?

I'll be on later if you are around. Bored of playing on my own. My mic might stop working tho :(

Advertisement