Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

etxp wrote: »
    I'll be on later if you are around. Bored of playing on my own. My mic might stop working tho :(

Ill be on later. Roomates going drinking and using the telebox. Im working tomorrow so im being a dry-shíte :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ill be on later. Roomates going drinking and using the telebox. Im working tomorrow so im being a dry-shíte :pac:

Cool ill add you I go on. Probably an hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm on right now too with McMafia. Probably be on for another hour

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Add me on psn: goody1717..ive a mic and have a habit of handing out gifts ;)

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anyone on for some multi?
    I need to give this another shot again, really enjoyed it the last time just never got the time. I will be online tonight hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bah, misses called from Austria and said she will take 200eu extra for her holidays off visa... Got pissed off a bit, I am not buying games and trying to save some money and she... Well **** that, found few old games that are still on the list, went to gamestop and got myself last of us and killzone mercenaries. :)

Finally I can play this game!!! First I need to play with my dogs so they would feck off for few hours and let me play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Just got around to playing the multi today.My id is Infurnas, wouldnt mind playing with some regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just finished main game.

Didn't get the sad ending I expected.

Very emotive game.

Really didn't think I was getting out of that hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Finished it there today.
    Special game, story will definitely stay with me.
    On one hand, I'd love to have more of Joel & Ellie, on the other hand, I really hope they don't try and force a sequel.

Its funny, in alot of the situations it can be hard to tell who is the 'goody' and who is the 'baddie'.
    After the university incident, when Joel is injured and you are in that town controlling Elle for example. I really wish they hadn't thrown in the part where you discover they eat humans - it totally dehumanised them. Up until that point, I could sympathise that they were a town (with women and children), trying to make a go of life and Joel slaughtered a bunch of their men!

Also, you could argue, a little more obviously, that Joel has sentenced mankind to another 50 years of the infection by being too selfish to give up Elle? Certainly by being too selfish to give her a choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah thats a very good point you could empathise with the other survivers and its turned them into something different than "baddies".

The beauty of the game if makes you think though its a hard situation not matter what the choice...personally i would have done the same as Joel :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

noodler wrote: »
    Its funny, in alot of the situations it can be hard to tell who is the 'goody' and who is the 'baddie'.

After the university incident,
    when Joel is injured and you are in that town controlling Elle for example. I really wish they hadn't thrown in the part where you discover they eat humans - it totally dehumanised them. Up until that point, I could sympathise that they were a town (with women and children), trying to make a go of life and Joel slaughtered a bunch of their men!

Also, you could argue, a little more obviously, that Joel has sentenced mankind to another 50 years of the infection by being too selfish to give up Elle? Certainly by being too selfish to give her a choice!

Yeah, spot on.
    As a viewer, you were always a little sketchy about David, but everything he'd done until that point had seemed straight-up. He didn't pull his gun on Ellie when she thought he was unarmed, he didn't kill her when his friends wanted him to. If they'd just left the "affection" he showed her, it might have been creepier in a much more subtle way.

Really enjoyed the ending.
    He does more or less give the middle finger to humanity, probably because he's sussed that the Fireflies will ruin any chance El has of a life (if there's even any left by the time he's done with them)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nah , Joel was right.
    Save the one you care about. The world can go fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Maybe spoiler the comments a bit guys
    After the university incident, when Joel is injured and you are in that town controlling Elle for example. I really wish they hadn't thrown in the part where you discover they eat humans - it totally dehumanised them. Up until that point, I could sympathise that they were a town (with women and children), trying to make a go of life and Joel slaughtered a bunch of their men!

I can see the
    eating people as being necessary too. They have to eat something, it seems like animals are hard to find (especially enough to feed a large group like them). In the wilderness it seems like a "kill or be killed" situation anyway, it makes sense to eat the people you kill. I don't know if the group does have any women or children though, we only ever see men. I kind of got the impression that all the women and children were dead and that explained David's "affection" for Ellie.

I definitely felt that Joel was the bad guy by the end for what he did. We can see why he did it, especially given his "daughter issues" but it's still pretty awful imo. I liked how they did that though and how it wasn't until the end that I really realised it.
    Really enjoyed the ending. He does more or less give the middle finger to humanity, probably because he's sussed that the Fireflies will ruin any chance El has of a life (if there's even any left by the time he's done with them)
    Well if by "ruining any chance of a life" you mean "killing her" then yes.

C14N wrote: »
    Maybe spoiler the comments a bit guys

If a mod says it necessary then fair enough - I will. Seems like someone would have a very difficult time complaining that something was spoiled by reading a LoU thread 2 months after the game was released though!

C14N wrote: »
    I can see the
    eating people as being necessary too. They have to eat something, it seems like animals are hard to find (especially enough to feed a large group like them). In the wilderness it seems like a "kill or be killed" situation anyway, it makes sense to eat the people you kill. I don't know if the group does have any women or children though, we only ever see men. I kind of got the impression that all the women and children were dead and that explained David's "affection" for Ellie.

If just bandits they fight off then fair enough but the bit in the uni gives the distinct impression they were looking for people.
    During the snowtown scene (when you've regained control of Joel) two of the men are talking and they sound some town bell as an alarm and I am almost 100% certain one of them said something about getting the women and children to safety. A young girl being appealing in that scenario for various reasons I get tho.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If a mod says it necessary then fair enough - I will. Seems like someone would have a very difficult time complaining that something was spoiled by reading a LoU thread 2 months after the game was released though!

Makes more sense that until a mod says it's not necessary then they should still be used, plus there's a seperate thread specifically for discussing the game without having to use spoiler tags (granted nobody has used it for a while though).

Unlike a film it takes a lot of time to play through a game and its not easy for everyone to make time, just on the last couple of pages there's been a few people posting who had either just completed it or were about to start playing it so someone in the early stages of the game might still have a question about a section or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

just finished my fourth play through (for platinum trophy) loved every minute of it,we will prob see a sequel in 3 years time,but would be happy if they left it alone,the ending was perfect imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The DLC will sell like hotcakes I think. They would be mad not to rethink their strategy and release atleast 1 or 2 story driven DLC packs.

Kirby wrote: »
    The DLC will sell like hotcakes I think. They would be mad not to rethink their strategy and release atleast 1 or 2 story driven DLC packs.

I'm actually really looking forward to hearing about all their DLC plans. Loving the MP.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm actually really looking forward to hearing about all their DLC plans. Loving the MP.

Well the original plan was to just release a large MP update and charge for it.....like the COD map packs. But I think that would be the wrong way to go as their install base isn't anywhere near as big. The way to go is definitely single player DLC similar to GTA4's or even Half-life 2's episodes. Continue the story of the universe they have created....probably with different characters.

A lot of people think Ish would be a good way to go. What happens when they get out of the sewers etc.

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to backseat mod, it was just a suggestion since others may come here who haven't finished it yet. It's not that long since release. Do what you think is best though, it's your post.

If just bandits they fight off then fair enough but the bit in the uni gives the distinct impression they were looking for people.

I got the impression they were looking for general supplies. A university would be a reasonably logical place to go to get stuff like medicine.

I've paid for it already. I need it. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

What's this going for these days around Dublin? Borrowing a PS3 and would like to get started on the Playstation exclusives with this, followed by Demon's Souls I'ma thinking. Amazon is a bit pricey.

Well the original plan was to just release a large MP update and charge for it.....like the COD map packs. But I think that would be the wrong way to go as their install base isn't anywhere near as big. The way to go is definitely single player DLC similar to GTA4's or even Half-life 2's episodes. Continue the story of the universe they have created....probably with different characters.

A lot of people think Ish would be a good way to go. What happens when they get out of the sewers etc.

They haven't said anything regarding DLC other than 2 will be MP and one will be SP.

I'd be really surprised if it was just like a COD map pack that said it is 2 euro for all 3 DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Makes more sense that until a mod says it's not necessary then they should still be used, plus there's a seperate thread specifically for discussing the game without having to use spoiler tags (granted nobody has used it for a while though).

Unlike a film it takes a lot of time to play through a game and its not easy for everyone to make time, just on the last couple of pages there's been a few people posting who had either just completed it or were about to start playing it so someone in the early stages of the game might still have a question about a section or something.

I dont see the logic in visiting a boards thread discussing the game if you don't expect to see spoilers.

I dont see the logic in visiting a boards thread discussing the game if you don't expect to see spoilers.

You might just want to post opinions from part-way into the game or ask for advice. Or even that chap up there who just wants to know what it costs around town. Plenty of reasons to go to a general game thread and not want the ending spoiled.

It's not hard to put them in. No need to ruin the plot for everyone else.

Indeed. I think a year or so is enough to do away with spoiler tags.....some people cry spoilers on stuff that is decades old and it's hilarious. But the Last of us is still fairly recent. Any major plot points should be spoilered for those that are a few months late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Of all the games in 2013 the game that you don't want spoiled is TLOU. How do I go about using the spoiler tags on the phone?

• Advertisement

I've edited my posts but honestly, sometimes people should just fall on their own sword.

I was astute enough not to go reading a LoU game thread before I had completed it so I really don't know why people consider that too much to ask.

For the sake of a few naive people reading a thread about a game they haven't finished, the majority of the thread is 50% spoiler tags making it a pain in the ass to read for everyone else.

I know its an old age debate on boards but still.

Advertisement