Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Of all the games in 2013 the game that you don't want spoiled is TLOU. How do I go about using the spoiler tags on the phone?

You need to type the code on a phone unfortunately. It's [sp0iler]....[/sp0iler] with an o instead of 0 obviously :p

I avoided this thread before I played it too, but I'd feel pretty bad about ruining it on someone else because they're less astute than me or wanted to ask a question about it. I'd prefer someone enjoyed the game as much as I did rather than prevent that for the sake of an extra click or drag of a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

very interesting article on the background to Druckmann's story for TLOU, as well as Druckmann finally giving his viewpoint on the ending (they usually don't comment on that ending):

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/19/4744008/making-the-last-of-us-ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

mystic86 wrote: »
    very interesting article on the background to Druckmann's story for TLOU, as well as Druckmann finally giving his viewpoint on the ending (they usually don't comment on that ending):

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/19/4744008/making-the-last-of-us-ps3

I'm glad his interpretation lines up fairly evenly with mine, gives me a lovely petty sense of achievement.

100 days today since the release of TLOU, can't believe it's that long already.

And can't believe they haven't announced any news on DLC yet... turning into another Bioshock Infinite in terms of DLC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Does Interrogation mode count as DLC? They introduced that a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

noodler wrote: »
    If a mod says it necessary then fair enough - I will. Seems like someone would have a very difficult time complaining that something was spoiled by reading a LoU thread 2 months after the game was released though!

If the thread title does not have the word 'spoilers' in it, then yeah, spoiler tags are expected for a game only a few months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does Interrogation mode count as DLC? They introduced that a few weeks ago.

Many people paid €19.99 for the 'seasons pass', for DLC which has yet to be released. The Interrogation mode doesn't count as it was given out free to everyone.

NaughtyDog are still working on the single player DLC at the moment, so its not finished. They wont announce details of it until it is at a stage where completion is only days away. Marketing and reviewing are to follow before its release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If there are indeed people still clicking through without having finished the game, best to stick with spoiler tags.

Here's the specific ending thread if y'all want to discuss the game without them tags: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056975646

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Did someone say we better hear about DLC... :P
    Bruce Straley @bruce_straley
    Ok party people, more #TheLastofUs DLC info to be revealed THIS WEEK! Hang tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You need to type the code on a phone unfortunately. It's [sp0iler]....[/sp0iler] with an o instead of 0 obviously :p

I avoided this thread before I played it too, but I'd feel pretty bad about ruining it on someone else because they're less astute than me or wanted to ask a question about it. I'd prefer someone enjoyed the game as much as I did rather than prevent that for the sake of an extra click or drag of a mouse.

Thanks for that. I've been avoiding talking in detail about this game because I couldn't work the spoiler tags haha

• Advertisement

New ad from Sony, impressive line-up:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I bought this a few weeks back but haven't had a chance to get started. This and Far Cry 3 are waiting for me to play. Have just picked up GTA5 so will play that for Sept/Oct, the other two can get opened in November! :)

News on the dlc to be announced tomorrow : )

Fizman wrote: »
    I bought this a few weeks back but haven't had a chance to get started. This and Far Cry 3 are waiting for me to play. Have just picked up GTA5 so will play that for Sept/Oct, the other two can get opened in November! :)

I'd personally say go at this first. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but it's not in the same league as The Last of Us imo (although it's a lot more fun and cathartic). It's also much longer since you'll probably want to do loads of exploration.

News on the dlc to be announced tomorrow : )

Incase you were wondering my source, it's this:

REi9gRS.jpg

Notice the date on the newspaper.

You can keep an eye on the hashtag #OutbreakDay

DLC is being announced tomorrow :(

In the mean time. An interesting alternate ending :P

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/26/the-last-of-us-alternate-ending-video-celebrate-outbreakday/

Also, I hope everyone survives Outbreak day.. I'm stocking up scissors and tape! :D

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans-detailed/

Little disappointed. While I'll get it and look forward to the new maps, I was hoping for a new mode too.

January????!!!!!

Holy f**k am I disappointed right now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tok9 wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/27/the-last-of-us-future-dlc-plans-detailed/

Little disappointed. While I'll get it and look forward to the new maps, I was hoping for a new mode too.

Aargh can't access the link from work. What are we getting?

Featured Post
    Posted on 27 September by Eric Monacelli – Community Strategist, Naughty Dog
    The Last of Us – Future DLC plans detailed
    Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ
    TLOU_season_pass_banner
    We’ve been hard at work making the DLC content for The Last of Us – and I know that all our Season Pass holders are eagerly waiting for any updates or news. Today, we’re revealing the first of three Season Pass DLC drops: the Abandoned Territories Map Pack.
    Weather the opposing Faction and the random, dynamic dust storm on the Suburbs map. Explore a layered map of an overgrown urban environment with wild giraffes in the background in the Bus Depot map. Stalk around in a dark, eerie, moonlit, environment – the perfect setting for some serious stealth – in the Hometown map. Bookstore features a stacked, bi-level layout adding a highly unique dose of vertical gameplay. Excited yet? These maps will be available 16th October.
    When we initially talked about the Season Pass we mentioned making our first ever story-driven single player DLC. This is an ambitious story with strong ties into the narrative of The Last of Us. We just wrapped up a long casting process for a new character and are starting our performance capture shoot next week. The single-player DLC is currently planned for release around the December-January timeframe.
    Our third Season Pass DLC is multiplayer focused and will arrive in the first half of 2014. We’ll start to reveal more information and a release timeframe as soon as we’ve worked out those details.
    To make the wait a little bit easier we’re adding bonus items to the Season Pass. We have over 60 different head items for your multiplayer character ranging from a Nightmare Mask to a Pigskin Hat that will be free for all Season Pass buyers. These head items will be available a la carte as well but it’s a tremendous added value for all Season Pass holders.
    If you want to lock in all three DLC drops and over 60 head items for your multiplayer character at a deeply discounted price, buy the Season Pass today. You’ll be saving over 75% by purchasing a Season Pass instead of buying all the DLC individually. The Last of Us Season Pass DLC is available now on PlayStation Store for only €19.99.

• Advertisement

January????!!!!!

Really?

I don't mind regarding the SP DLC. That was never going to be a quick job since they had to write a new story etc.. the game only released 3 months ago.

Well it's been 3 and a half months and I certainly didn't expect to have to wait the same again!

I think that's unrealistic especially for someone like Naughty Dog.

As a comparison, Look at the Bioshock DLC. First part isn't out till around December too and that's been out for 6 months.

I've no problem waiting anyway. I'm loving the MP and I've every intention of playing the SP again so I'm in no rush for the SP content.

That's great, but I obviously am, hence my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

They'll release the new game types for all players so it wont come out as the pay-only DLC I think. Same with Interrogation. Would be very surprised if they didnt release at least one new game mode and would be surprised if a PvE mode wasnt introduced
    January????!!!!!

Unreasonable time frame expectations are unreasonable.

The fact they still need to make the DLC is actually a good thing imo. Its proof they didn't just cut out part of the finished product and hold off releasing it to make a few cheap extras as is the case with many games/devs these days (FPS games I'm looking at you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Timmyctc wrote: »
    They'll release the new game types for all players so it wont come out as the pay-only DLC I think. Same with Interrogation. Would be very surprised if they didnt release at least one new game mode and would be surprised if a PvE mode wasnt introduced

The fact they still need to make the DLC is actually a good thing imo. Its proof they didn't just cut out part of the finished product and hold off releasing it to make a few cheap extras as is the case with many games/devs these days (FPS games I'm looking at you.)

Spot on.
    NaughtyDog are taking their time with this SP DLC because it has to reach the same standard set by the original game and needs to have fresh new ideas involved.

New characters is to be expected. These things arent made overnight. Sure they started into the last of us in 2009, taking around 4 years to make the game.

Well this DLC doesn't really interest me personally, given that I'm not that interested in multiplayer. Does anyone know how many single player DLCs there will be? I don't want to get the season pass if there's just the one.

C14N wrote: »
    Well this DLC doesn't really interest me personally, given that I'm not that interested in multiplayer. Does anyone know how many single player DLCs there will be? I don't want to get the season pass if there's just the one.

It is just one. The other two are for multiplayer.

I reckon I'll play some MP tonight if anyone is around.

That's great, but I obviously am, hence my post

Well yes, but I'm in no rush because I wasn't expecting it this year. It's just too soon for a game like TLoU

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Backfire wrote: »
    Spot on.
    NaughtyDog are taking their time with this SP DLC because it has to reach the same standard set by the original game and needs to have fresh new ideas involved.

New characters is to be expected. These things arent made overnight. Sure they started into the last of us in 2009, taking around 4 years to make the game.

Well yes, but I'm in no rush because I wasn't expecting it this year. It's just too soon for a game like TLoU

Maybe my expectations are wrong in this regard - what sort of length of play-through are people expecting in the single player dlc?

Advertisement