Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mystic86 wrote: »
    Maybe my expectations are wrong in this regard - what sort of length of play-through are people expecting in the single player dlc?

I imagine it will be maybe a quarter or third of the full story. Around 4 or 5 hours maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I imagine it will be maybe a quarter or third of the full story. Around 4 or 5 hours maybe?

Hmm, sounds like that's where I am going wrong so....

Hmm, sounds like that's where I am going wrong so....

thats just a guess. No reason to believe it wont be longer or shorter tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

honestly, I don't expect it to be any longer than 2 to 3 hours max.
    Closer to 2 hours I'd say.
    Unless they are using the same levels as in the main game, creating new level areas just to explore in a single player experience is intensive work and 4 to 5 hours of running around, solving puzzles and fighting enemies would take a lot of work.

Backfire wrote: »
    honestly, I don't expect it to be any longer than 2 to 3 hours max.
    Closer to 2 hours I'd say.
    Unless they are using the same levels as in the main game, creating new level areas just to explore in a single player experience is intensive work and 4 to 5 hours of running around, solving puzzles and fighting enemies would take a lot of work.

I would imagine work on the environment would have taken place immediately after the relase of TLOU they were doing casting there recently werent they. I was just guessing a length but again it would also depend on the player. Main story took me 13 hours but I know others who took 5-7 hours more.

• Advertisement

I would imagine work on the environment would have taken place immediately after the relase of TLOU they were doing casting there recently werent they. I was just guessing a length but again it would also depend on the player. Main story took me 13 hours but I know others who took 5-7 hours more.

Main story took me 18hrs, i took my time :)
    Usually dlcs are short if they are single player experiences and not just online maps. I dunno. I'm no expert. Just guessing really. The longer the dlc the better of course. Value for money and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The new maps are being released over the next 24 hours. No Idea on an actual time when it's available to us but here's a trailer for it

And they've also made some bug fixes and changes with the 1.05 patch.

The best news there is that we won't see as many ties for interrogation. Really love that game mode but the amount of ties are ridiculous in it.

Anyone else played some of the maps?

I've got a bit of time in and so far they all seem pretty good but I think that about all the maps really (downtown to a lesser extent)

Favourites would probably be Suburbs and Hometown.

Oh also, only seeing now from other players, that the flame-thrower is a beast of a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

i havent downloaded them yet, but i think i might now one of the nights, getting sick of GTA, i just seem to be spending my time in load screens, and ****e.

The flame thrower is a great job but only close range, if you are last man and are in a small room it is a great job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been getting my ass handed to me on the new maps, haven't a clue where I'm going yet. Getting the hang of Bookstore but the other maps see me getting shivved and picked off from snipers constantly.

• Advertisement

Played the new maps last night and I'm the same, getting absolutely mauled! I like them tho.

It's good now when you join a game that's already started you don't lose a day and doesn't effect your clan size either

I reckon I'll be on tonight.. i'll be on the ps3 anyway so if anyone is on send me a message and I'll switch over!

Has this been posted yet? Omg its amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

If it will be as good as TLOU then take my money now naughty dog!!

We're going to get a look at the DLC on Thursday!
    Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 2m
    World premiere of THE LAST OF US story DLC from @naughtydog this Thursday during #PS4ALLACCESS live on Spike TV and online at 11 PM ET

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

During PS4 All Access. Last of Us DLC PS4 exclusive confirmed. :pac:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    During PS4 All Access. Last of Us DLC PS4 exclusive confirmed. :pac:

Ps4 exclusive? Is it only available on the ps4?!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Backfire wrote: »
    Ps4 exclusive? Is it only available on the ps4?!

no I think its being revealed at a ps4 exclusive event,game was only released on ps3

jebus84 wrote: »
    no I think its being revealed at a ps4 exclusive event,game was only released on ps3

phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry, bad joke. The only kind I know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Way too late Naughty Dog,

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sorry, bad joke. The only kind I know. :)

I read your post using my iphone and for some reason didnt take any notice of the smilie you used, now i see it was a joke. Stupid me :P

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Way too late Naughty Dog,

Whats wayy too late?

Whats wayy too late?

The Single Player DLC. The Multiplayer didn't hold my attention, traded it ages back but would like to play the SP DLC. Wish it was out sooner.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Single Player DLC. The Multiplayer didn't hold my attention, traded it ages back but would like to play the SP DLC. Wish it was out sooner.

You shouldn'ta traded it! All peeps I know kept it. Multi was really good imo. Im glad they didn't release it much sooner. Proves that its actually added content not just stuff cut from the main released then shoehorned in at a later date for an added fee a la CoD, Bf etc etc

Ah I need to trade games to get new ones. Never know though, might get it free off ps+ for december :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Really can't wait for the DLC, loved the single player and the multiplayer was excellent :-)

My bets on the Add-on being us in control of Ish

• Advertisement

My bets on the Add-on being us in control of Ish

I hope it isn't tbh... Not that I didn't like the story of it but we know what happens. We know the events and we know where it will be played. I'm hoping it's something completely new.

Advertisement