Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think it will be Marlene's story from when she hands off Ellie up to
    being killed by Joel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

sheehy83 wrote: »
    being killed by Joel
    I always wondered if the crazy woman the Pittsburgh hunters referred to was Marlene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

sheehy83 wrote: »
    being killed by Joel
    Evade wrote: »
    I always wondered if the crazy woman the Pittsburgh hunters referred to was Marlene.

I really hope it wasn't. Simply because I hated Marlene :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I can't wait for this. I loved the game and the multiplayer and it's the only online game I play at the moment. Except my mic is banjaxed but I have a new turtle beach waiting for me at the weekend :)

I hope it's something after the original story, because if it's a character we have already met and it's prior to the game we will know how it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finished this today after avoiding spoilers, reviews, memes and other things. Its the most emotionally involved game I have ever played in 30 years of playing games. It's a masterpiece. If it was a film it would be The Godfather. If it was a song it would be Billie Jean. It's not just goty it's game of the decade. I'm selling my PS3 to help fund my X1 but I'm keeping this game, I'm not letting it go, I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Finished this today after avoiding spoilers, reviews, memes and other things. Its the most emotionally involved game I have ever played in 30 years of playing games. It's a masterpiece. If it was a film it would be The Godfather. If it was a song it would be Billie Jean. It's not just goty it's game of the decade. I'm selling my PS3 to help fund my X1 but I'm keeping this game, I'm not letting it go, I can't.

nice, well said :)

1 question... do you not feel that by getting an X1 you could miss out on future games of this calibre from the game developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

mystic86 wrote: »

1 question... do you not feel that by getting an X1 you could miss out on future games of this calibre from the game developer?

This. With Naughty Dog developing games exclusively for Playstation your shooting yourself in the foot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This. With Naughty Dog developing games exclusively for Playstation your shooting yourself in the foot :P
    Im sure the PS4 will have dropped significantly in price by the time there is a sequel in two years time or whenever or even if they decide to do a sequel.

The Single Player DLC is called 'Left Behind' and here is a preview clip:

More Info:

"Left Behind takes place while Ellie is attending a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone, prior to meeting Joel and the events in the main campaign of The Last of Us.

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we're excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Bringing Riley to life through our performance capture process is the talented Yaani King, who we had the pleasure of working with on the DLC."

Releasing in early 2014, January I would assume considering they originally said December-January release date, and then subsequently said they were still on target for that.

Available to pre-order from next Wednesday at a cost of 15 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Delighted we will be seeing more of the Last of us so soon. Still, can't hide my disappointment that it's a prequel of sorts. I mean.....we know what happens ultimately, don't we?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it will be beautifully crafted and im positive I'll enjoy it......but finding out what happened to
    Ellie after the game as opposed to before it
    would be more satisfying as it's more new. Or even finding out what happened to Ish! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Kirby I'll tell you
    what happened Ellie after the game

She lived happily ever after

I don't want there to be any chance of anything else. :)

• Noty sure how the gameplay will make sense..if your playing as Eille. Considering she only fires a gun when Joel trains here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah this DLC is based on the comics they released. 4 comics are out showing Ellie getting dropped off at the military school, meeting Riley and going on adventures so I know more or less what's gonna happen, don't feel too bad I have it traded now.

mystic86 wrote: »

There's no doubt that naughty dog are the best game developers at the moment. But X1 has Titanfall in March and I don't think TLOU2 will be released for another 2 years at the earliest, so I'll probably pick up the PS4 TLOU2 special edition when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

damm wish the DLC was out for Christmas would have loved to get stuck into it on XMAS DAY :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Interesting. Glad to see it's a story we don't know much about.

I'll be interested to see if this puts even more into the horror elements as you would assume that Ellie wouldn't be as well equipped with a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I've no interest in multiplayer and ditto for the DLC but I dont want to trade in TLOU.

wtf?

I've no interest in multiplayer and ditto for the DLC but I dont want to trade in TLOU.

wtf?

You have an emotional attachment to it my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You have an emotional attachment to it my friend.

We all do my friend

Join us *hugs*

I for one, cannot wait for the DLC. I'd say it will be fierce emotional. I hope for some reason we get a flashback to the initial outbreak of the infection again. ****ing loved the opening scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't seen this posted yet, but you may remember a fan film from earlier in the year

Well they did a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played this for about the 6th time this weekend and realised
    I'm always going to shoot the doctors

Don't hurt Ellie fukurs:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

biggebruv wrote: »
    damm wish the DLC was out for Christmas would have loved to get stuck into it on XMAS DAY :(

Totally agree! I would love to be able to play it during christmas. Would make a great christmas and something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just finished wow! I had actually taken a bit of a break just after the half way mark about two months ago and just came back to it last night.
    Five minutes after i turned it back on Henry blows his brains out after they find his younger brother infected in the next room
    It just sucked me back in from that point. Sure it has it's flaws but i don't think i've ever played anything like it. The whole tone of it, there's such a palpable sense of loss throughout the game, just sitting hear listening to the fantastic music being played for the end credits. It's just so well made.I'm straight back into new game plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cant wait for this DLC,started listening to the soundtrack again last night,just makes me wanna play more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought this with a PS3 about 2 months ago, but for some reason i've been reluctant to start it. Not really sure why though, as i've really wanted to play it. Think i just didn't want it to be over, even before it started :)

Anyway...wow. Fantastic game. Probably edges Uncharted 2 as my favourite Naughty Dog game. Looked and sounded amazing, and i loved the gameplay. Everything just felt...heavier than Uncharted, and it gave a real sense of weight to everything. Loved the Joel and Ellie relationship, and loved the ending (which i'l talk about in the spoilers thread). So many amazing bits, and those
    giraffes
    :P

Kiith wrote: »
    giraffes

Use a spoiler tag! :P ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oops, may have ruined one of the best scenes ever for someone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I still have this and Far Cry 3 unopened on my shelf (they were gifts), on top of having a lot of GTA5 left not having played it for a few months now. Lot of good gaming to be had over the holidays!

Advertisement