Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fizman wrote: »
    I still have this and Far Cry 3 unopened on my shelf (they were gifts), on top of having a lot of GTA5 left not having played it for a few months now. Lot of good gaming to be had over the holidays!

I couldnt stand GTA V after about 3 days. It doesnt have the longevity of past GTA games imo. Fairly disappoint. After my first playthrough of TLOU I didnt touch the story till last week. Regretted doing that, absolutely engrossed again now :P Youre a lucky man having all that story to play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've gone back to my Survivor playthrough. God it's stressful. Get headshot....save game. I'm nearly at the bit where I gave up before having mistakenly overwritten the save file. It's the bit in Town when y'er attacked by a
    sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Really loving this game, the intro alone is the best I've ever seen in a game.

One thing that has broken my immersion though it just how poor the human enemy AI is at times. It's strange because I haven't seen much criticism of this.

Apart from that it's on another level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Like I said it's the best game i've played this year(and maybe in a long time) but I do have one major qualm with it.
    I hate how telegraphed the death of Sarah is, basically to anyone who has eyes. Seeing how she isn't the girl on the cover it's all too obvious what will happen to her.

I think it would have been far more effective to keep it a mystery and hint throughout the game about Joel's tragic backstory, it would make the big reveal(where we play the same intro, only as a flashback, that more effective and really give a strong insight into why Joel is the way he is.

That being said it's still extremely effective. Masterpiece.

I also think people look at Joel more then they look at Ellie. She is a much better character imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just picked this up today. I'm still managing to build up my PS3 backlog despite having a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Multiplayer seems to be ruined on this. A lot of games have one or two people with invincibility glitches and unlimited molotovs/bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

J. Marston wrote: »
    Multiplayer seems to be ruined on this. A lot of games have one or two people with invincibility glitches and unlimited molotovs/bombs.

Haven't noticed that and I play it quite a bit. Is it a cheat do you think? They could do with a few improvements in multiplayer. Like if I'm shooting u then you shouldn't be able to still come at me and hit me with a weapon so annoying when that happens. It really pisses me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

etxp wrote: »
    Haven't noticed that and I play it quite a bit. Is it a cheat do you think? They could do with a few improvements in multiplayer. Like if I'm shooting u then you shouldn't be able to still come at me and hit me with a weapon so annoying when that happens. It really pisses me off!

I've come up against about 4-5 glitchers in the last few days in about 10-15 games.

It's definitely some form of glitch/cheat. Played a game where I put three rifle bullets into a guy, who had no armour, and my teammate was riddling him with revolver bullets but the guy kept running around. Similar with the other glitchers, although I only remember two who were spamming molotovs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The parts where you control Ellie, in the snow, could've played a whole game of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The parts where you control Ellie, in the snow, could've played a whole game of that.

And you can!
    It's called tomb raider! :)

I played the first couple of hours of this today and I'm torn on it.

So far I am wowed by the graphics. Definitely the best looking game of the last generation, the facial animation is amazing. The atmosphere and the environments are incredible. And even though I'm only two hours in the story has me hooked.

Unfortunately, I am hating the gameplay. I have never been a fan of stealth games, which is the reason why I hadn't played TLOU before now. All the end of year and game of the year talk convinced me to give it a try. So far it has been all sneaking around trying to avoid conflict. Something I fail at at each encounter so I'm having no fun while playing and just waiting on the next cutscene.

I hope it gets better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

alot of my friends have said the same,but at about half way through the penny will drop and youl see why it gets so much love

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

That game was amazing. Without doubt the most emotionally resonant game I have yet come across. I am not normally a fan of stealth/survival games but when I saw the trailers for it I knew it was something special. Such care and attention to the characters. One of the best games of the generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

So far I am wowed by the graphics. Definitely the best looking game of the last generation, the facial animation is amazing. The atmosphere and the environments are incredible. And even though I'm only two hours in the story has me hooked.

Unfortunately, I am hating the gameplay. I have never been a fan of stealth games, which is the reason why I hadn't played TLOU before now. All the end of year and game of the year talk convinced me to give it a try. So far it has been all sneaking around trying to avoid conflict. Something I fail at at each encounter so I'm having no fun while playing and just waiting on the next cutscene.

Yeah I am halfway through it & its good but not as good as expected(it does improve as your going). I was really excited to exit the city & into the country only to end up out there for like 2 mins.
    Some of the instant kills when you get bombarded by tickers are annoying, not often I say it but its a game that uses too many buttons if-ya-get-me-drift & I find a lot of it reminds me of other games. "Lets go get a car battery in that garage", "gotta find a keycard" hmmmm I did this before in an environment not too dissimilar.
    I'm at the stage now where Joel must clear a path & Ellie has just got a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

GTR63 wrote: »
    I was really excited to exit the city & into the country only to end up out there for like 2 mins.
    You'll love the Autumn and Winter chapters then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I never knew there was a listen mode when I played through this. Did many people use it?

RasTa wrote: »
    I never knew there was a listen mode when I played through this. Did many people use it?

essential when playing it on the hardest modes but i never used it on my first play through

jebus84 wrote: »
    essential when playing it on the hardest modes but i never used it on my first play through
    It's not available on the hardest difficulty.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    It's not available on the hardest difficulty.

silly me, its been so long since I played it

RasTa wrote: »
    I would be fecked playing it without the listen button, Clickers & any large group with guns who spot me. Argh
    You'll love the Autumn and Winter chapters then.

I was told that alrite, i've just been rescued from drowning after leaping off the bridge. How far am I in?

I was told that alrite, i've just been rescued from drowning after leaping off the bridge. How far am I in?
    The percentage complete on your save is how far in the story you are so you should be able to see for yourself but I'd say you're between a third and half way through the game.

The percentage complete on your save is how far in the story you are so you should be able to see for yourself but I'd say you're between a third and half way through the game.

Does that not include collectibles and upgrades you buy

Does that not include collectibles and upgrades you buy
    No, it only tracks progress through the story. Even without getting a single collectible or upgrade you'll still be at 100% by the end.

I'm playing on easy. Is it possible to shoot your way through the game. Is there enough ammo?

I'm trying to enjoy it but I am hating playing stealthily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm playing on easy. Is it possible to shoot your way through the game. Is there enough ammo?

I really can't see you enjoying this game just by the question you have asked alone.

I'm sure on easy there is a better chance of having a lot more but the game is about doing the best with the tools you have. The game is not a shooter.

tok9 wrote: »
    I really can't see you enjoying this game just by the question you have asked alone.

I'm sure on easy there is a better chance of having a lot more but the game is about doing the best with the tools you have. The game is not a shooter.

Well at this stage I am just more interested in the story rather than the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, you'll easily get through playing as a shooter on normal/easy settings. Survivor........ not so much. Actually have quit the survivor mode twice through stress. I need to go back and finish it.

It's worth seeing all cutscenes. I always and I mean ALWAYS skip cut scenes. This game I watched every one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well at this stage I am just more interested in the story rather than the gameplay.

You could have just watched someone else do it online

Advertisement