Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

whens the Story DLC due does anyone know>?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't think they gave a specific date.

I'd I was to guess I'd be thinking February or March. I do remember they said they will be giving more information this month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

RasTa wrote: »
    You could have just watched someone else do it online

I could but then I think that would have a negative affect on the experience. Even though I am not really enjoying the gameplay it is at least affording me the chance to become attached to the characters. It is making me care what happens to them. By just watching the cutscenes I would miss out on all the incidental dialogue, which has all be excellent.

There was one moment in an abandoned coffee shop when I missed out on an optional conversation with Ellie. I was exploring the environment and when I turned around she had the symbol above her head prompting me to start the conversation. I moved toward he and she walked out of the shop and the trigger was gone. I tried reloading that section but it didn't work. In any other game I would not have cared but these characters make me want to learn as much about them as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Survivor........ not so much. Actually have quit the survivor mode twice through stress. I need to go back and finish it.
    There's nothing like knowing you're coming close to a hoard of infected or hunter group with only a shotgun shell, two revolver rounds and your trusty brick to get you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Evade wrote: »
    There's nothing like knowing you're coming close to a hoard of infected or hunter group with only a shotgun shell, two revolver rounds and your trusty brick to get you through.

You left out and 25% health :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Well at this stage I am just more interested in the story rather than the gameplay.

This might sound cliched but the gameplay of The Last of Us is intrinsic to the story IMO. The desperation you feel during combat directly translates to your actions and reactions during dialogue and scripted cut-scenes.

The pay-off at the end of the game is made all the more effective by the actions you felt you had to take earlier in the game.

I think all I need to do now is use the word 'experience' and I will thoroughly deserve the slap I will undoubtedly receive.
    :pac:

Otacon wrote: »
    I think all I need to do now is use the word 'experience' and I will thoroughly deserve the slap I will undoubtedly receive.
    :pac:

You're treading on some mighty thin ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't think they gave a specific date.

I'd I was to guess I'd be thinking February or March. I do remember they said they will be giving more information this month anyway.

They actually said December/January was the target in the official release, which is why I'm actually annoyed at this stage that they haven't given us a release date yet!

mystic86 wrote: »
    They actually said December/January was the target in the official release, which is why I'm actually annoyed at this stage that they haven't given us a release date yet!

I've no issue with this as long as the content is good which I expect from ND.

Still loving the MP too. If anyone is interested in a few games let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm still a little annoyed that its prequel stuff with Ellie though. Give us new characters that we can explore. It's a bit like the problem with the Hobbit. We all know that Bilbo, Gandalf and Legolas are fine so there is no tension. Prequels are tricky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

tok9 wrote: »
    I've no issue with this as long as the content is good which I expect from ND.

Still loving the MP too. If anyone is interested in a few games let me know.

I might be having a few games tonight. Late enough tho. I'll send you an invite if I'm on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see even IGN gave it game of the year. It is a masterpiece as one dude mentions in the video. I wonder of all these awards mean they will tackle a sequel, not sure if I want one.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/01/10/introducing-igns-2013-game-of-the-year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I see even IGN gave it game of the year. It is a masterpiece as one dude mentions in the video. I wonder of all these awards mean they will tackle a sequel, not sure if I want one.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/01/10/introducing-igns-2013-game-of-the-year

Fully deserved! As long as Bioshock didn't get it I'm happy :P

I'd be in favour of a sequel if the story is good. They have created a great world and I kinda want to experience it more. The uncharted series has made me trust ND not to mess up a sequel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Big Knox wrote: »
    This is going to end up with at least a 96 on metacritic. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us
    Get your hat son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

jebus84 wrote: »
    essential when playing it on the hardest modes but i never used it on my first play through

There is no listening mode in the hardest mode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished the game a few moments ago and I thought the ending was extremely well done. I was really enjoying the story and the build up of the relationship between Ellie and Joel all the way and was worried they might fumble the ending. I needn't have worried.

It was powerful stuff seeing
    how much of a monster Joel really was. It is easy to sympathise with him and understand his actions but its hard to stomach what he did.

On the whole I ended up enjoying the game. How could I not with the quality of the writing, the overall story and the sheer technical brilliance of the game? To me the only downfall was the playing of the game itself. I've mentioned already that stealth is not my thing so for me to even have finished it is testament to how good it is. Thankfully by the end of the game I had so much gear I could just cut through any enemies head on.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jebus84 wrote: »

Will probably get it but it's a bit of a let-down that we already know
    that Riley dies and we know Ellie is left in a horrible limbo with Joel.

That's the trouble with prequel games/DLC, I suppose.

I'm not going to read that preview.. but that's a good sign. It probably will be out by the end of January afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So glad i got the game and season pass on sale. 15 euro on its own is abit too much.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I paid 20 euro for the season pass but I definitely agree with that.

The MP maps they released are all really good and we're due another one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I meant i heard the sp DLC wil cost 15 euro on its own.

$15 in the US so expecting less.

$15 in the US so expecting less.

Don't be... Everything is usually the same price. So I'd be expecting it to be 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Really looking forward to this. Watched the 1minute clip at the start of the article but didn't read the rest.!! Hope it comes sooner rather than later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

10euros would be nice i bet its 15euros

wonder how long it will last id say 3hours if you run through it and 5hours if you go at a slow pace

would that be reasonable or is that very unlikely for DLC

Give us a release date NOWW!!! LOL

Ya.. I'd imagine no more than 3 hours tbh.

The price of the single player dlc for us hasn't been announced yet, but looking at the prices in the USA it looks like it will be 15 euro, and with the season pass only being an extra fiver I'm debating whether to just get the season pass or not...

You get 3 pieces of dlc (single player dlc and 2 map packs for multiplayer) and also about 60 pieces of head gear for multiplayer, as well as a few perks to single player (such as faster crafting and recovery etc, not that I want these)...

False economy on my part though thiking I might aswell, that it's better value, cause I don't even play online!

Might be worth the fiver for the documentary though, I think it's 90 mins long - anyone watched it? Any good?

4W3ZIjy.jpg

• Advertisement

4W3ZIjy.jpg

Why you showing us that? :confused:

Advertisement