Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

haha Resident Evil terrified me as a kid as well. yeah it's not like it's Amnesia or Outlast level scary. It can get very tense sneaking around Clickers, being in the pitch black or getting jumped unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Yeh lads played 18% of the game so far so nowhere near scary bits. Good game so far.

Definitely can see it's the same guys who made uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Finished the main game and the dlc yesterday. Now what to do with my life..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Brilliant dlc - especially the facebook bit that was so cool. Sad it's over now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just finished the DLC. Had to play in two parts - I wish I had been able to play it through in one go as the back half was an, as expected, downer. Even so, it certainly made me want to play the main story again, but I think I'll wait another while longer before I do.

Oh, did you hear about the midget psychic who escaped from prison?
    He was a small medium at large...
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Just completed it on Survivor(100% completion),time to trade in bye bye Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I missed the facebook part??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I can't tell if this is an issue only I'm facing or not, but I have the same problem in both SP and MP.

Basically, I can't get the character to walk if I push the analogue stick all the way forward, it either has to be slightly forward or at an angle. Neither of those positions are comfortable and its stopped me from playing altogether.

From checking other games, other controllers, it seems to be an issue with TLOU only... wondering if anyone has experienced this themselves or if there are any fixes as I'd like to play it through now I've started?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I dunno why, but I started this game, got to the part where I go off with the young girl...and haven't gone back to it since

Keep meaning to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

haha Resident Evil terrified me as a kid as well. yeah it's not like it's Amnesia or Outlast level scary. It can get very tense sneaking around Clickers, being in the pitch black or getting jumped unexpectedly.

That room with the spiders in the first resident evil was where the game and I parted company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I can't tell if this is an issue only I'm facing or not, but I have the same problem in both SP and MP.

Basically, I can't get the character to walk if I push the analogue stick all the way forward, it either has to be slightly forward or at an angle. Neither of those positions are comfortable and its stopped me from playing altogether.

From checking other games, other controllers, it seems to be an issue with TLOU only... wondering if anyone has experienced this themselves or if there are any fixes as I'd like to play it through now I've started?

TIA.

Definitely your controller. Never heard of that before. Try another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Kirby wrote: »
    Definitely your controller. Never heard of that before. Try another one.

He's already tried another controller :(

Aaron I'm going to check it out tonight to see if I can see the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just picked this up via PSN sale, €20 I couldn't say no.

Now to find time to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just picked this up via PSN sale, €20 I couldn't say no.

Now to find time to play it :(

Tell me about it......I have the original for months now and haven't played it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is the DLC worth getting? 14.99 seems a bit steep, how long is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

krudler wrote: »
    Is the DLC worth getting?
    Yes.
    how long is it?
    2 to 3 hours.

That all? kinda pricey for that length

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

That all? kinda pricey for that length

Quality over quantity good friend.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Quality over quantity good friend.

True, must play the full game again too

• Anyone playing multi tonight?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone playing multi tonight?

Too late now?

After a few pints...

• tok9 wrote: »
    Too late now?

After a few pints...

No prob, I have about 7 bottles of bud in me... warming up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

For anyone interested reddit ama from the creative director and game director.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ykno8/hi_were_neil_druckmann_creative_director_and/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm one of those guys that hasn't played or seen virtually a minute of this :eek:. I obviously will, having not been doing much gaming the last couple of years.

What I find astounding is just the level of praise, so many people say best game of generation/ever, so many people say they got emotionally involved like never before. Just have to choose a time then BAM

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I'm one of those guys that hasn't played or seen virtually a minute of this :eek:. I obviously will, having not been doing much gaming the last couple of years.

What I find astounding is just the level of praise, so many people say best game of generation/ever, so many people say they got emotionally involved like never before. Just have to choose a time then BAM

I actually envy you.

Once you play and experience the game, replaying the game will never be the same again. That first experience is breathtaking, emotional and just all round brilliant. I played it in end july/early august last year, the best gaming experience I have had to date. And I have been playing video games for 20 years.

But its all personal opinion, I have a friend who started the last of us, not sure if he even finished it, but he thought it was only ok and didn't think it was that great of a game and certainly not worth all the perfect scores it was getting. Its all opinion. But you wont know for yourself until you play it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just started the game last night, about 2 hours in and so far not impressed. Really hope it gets better.

It's as linear as Uncharted at it's very worst. Where there should be a sense of tension in the stealth-lite moments it's ruined by the fact you're never in any danger. Just shuffling through well decorated narrow corridors to the next. Meh.

Am hoping it opens up more when you get out with the infected rather than sneaking past gangsters and soldiers.

Was just thinking if there was a good few on, we could have our own private matches.

Even if it was 3 v 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

You got me on psn. Send me an invite if you do.

I'm on now anyway if anyone want's to join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

OK once the survival horror kicks in its a lot better. Some good bits escaping from the ruined office block. Am warming to this now.

Advertisement