Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So they mentioned that they will add a new level of difficulty to the SP. Would like to know more details. Hope its not just straight up difficulty ramp but with more interesting rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Replaying this myself,im still in awe of the beauty of it.

By the way since when did you have to buy an online pass to play the multiplayer?I thought the PSN network was free on PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Replaying this myself,im still in awe of the beauty of it.

By the way since when did you have to buy an online pass to play the multiplayer?I thought the PSN network was free on PS3?

Its an online pass for the actual game. It comes with the game. Its just so they dont lose out money on trade ins etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Started playing the multiplayer on this today. It's incredible. The only multiplayer I've ever enjoyed this much was Modern Warfare 2. It reminds me of the type of game Dayz should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just downloaded and installing Left Behind. Gave it about 5 days since finishing the main story so will try get it finished before South Park releases here in 2 days..

Almost don't want to play it knowing it's the last bit of new story I'll see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Fakman87 wrote: »
    It reminds me of the type of game Dayz should be.

They're not really comparable, they're aiming to do completely different things.

They're not really comparable, they're aiming to do completely different things.

Very true, I worded it poorly.

What I meant is that it gives me more of a nihilistic atmosphere and feeling than dayz, even though I was expecting it more from the latter.

Anyone on multi?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anyone on multi?

Might go on alright.. Probably won't be till 7 30 or so at the earliest I'd say

tok9 wrote: »
    Might go on alright.. Probably won't be till 7 30 or so at the earliest I'd say
    Ill be off around then. Have football 8-9. But be back on after. Gettins used to DLC maps here :P

• Advertisement

I'm going on as well lads, FAKMAN87 on psn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

About halfway through it at the moment. I'm mad to finish it even if it's just to read all the spoilers here…

The Last of Us movie confirmed. Not sure if it's a good idea, but it's written by Neil Druckmann again so won't write it off just yet.

The Last of Us movie confirmed. Not sure if it's a good idea, but it's written by Neil Druckmann again so won't write it off just yet.

Don't really want this to happen but I'm sure they wouldn't allow it unless it gives homage to the game.

Don't like Sam Raimi myself, hasn't really done much for me to be excited with.

If they make it very good and does very well in cinemas then more people might get intrigued by games, seeing there is quite often a story behind the game worth playing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm sure they'll steer clear of Joel and Ellie. Ish?

Evade wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll steer clear of Joel and Ellie. Ish?

Maybe, if they do then there most likely wont be another TLOU game. Might be a smart idea.

Movie in TLOU world telling a different story, so definitely anyone who played it will want to see it.

Leaving the majority of the Naughty Dog studio to focus on a new IP.

Will most likely generate more income than making a new TLOU game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The question is: Who in Last of Us would Bruce Campbell be best suited to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ellen Page to play Ellie?

:pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ellen Page to play Ellie?

:pac:

Well
    Ellie does kiss Riley in Left Behind
    so Ellen page would be made for the role!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I would prefer a sequel instead of a movie. A movie will not live up to people's expectations as they'll never truly re-create joel and ellie's characters in real life.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Don't really want this to happen but I'm sure they wouldn't allow it unless it gives homage to the game.

Don't like Sam Raimi myself, hasn't really done much for me to be excited with.

If they make it very good and does very well in cinemas then more people might get intrigued by games, seeing there is quite often a story behind the game worth playing for.

Sams only producing it as far as I'm aware. Not attached to direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I know Raimi's work has been more miss than hit recently but A Simple Plan must be one of the most affecting films I have ever seen. It showed he was capable of delivering a powerfully emotional kick in the guts. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out.

If you see that film, you could understand how he could be sympathetic to the main character relationships in making the movie if he avoided all the bells and whistles that seem to distract him these days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has the petition to cast Bruce Campbell as Joel started yet?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bring Back Brisco!:pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bring Back Brisco!:pac:

48947-Bruce-Campbell-groovy-gif-Eui2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hugh jackman for Joel please

Don't really think any movie could recreate how special the game was but hope i get proved otherwise.

I still think TLOU universe is really interesting, so if the movie was/is based on that instead of just a recreation of the game, then it could be great.

• I still think TLOU universe is really interesting, so if the movie was/is based on that instead of just a recreation of the game, then it could be great.
    True, no need to touch the story ark of the game as it was done perfectly in the game. No movie would match it

• Advertisement

I'd enjoy this game more only it won't let me.ever since day one to play the ps3 would never read the disc properly,the only way to get it working is to tilt the ps3 upwards for it to read the disc,every other disc reads straight away.at first we thought it was the disc but we got another from gamestop and that two had the same problem.other times when the game is running it just freezes at a cutscenes and to get the game running again I must delete the game utility data and re download the patch.sat down to play this at ten tonight and after ten minutes of tilting the ps3 to get it to load ,it loads only for it to freeze at the first cutscene and back to stage .one very frustrating.back into the wardrobe with the ps3.a pitty

Advertisement