Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'd enjoy this game more only it won't let me.ever since day one to play the ps3 would never read the disc properly,the only way to get it working is to tilt the ps3 upwards for it to read the disc,every other disc reads straight away.at first we thought it was the disc but we got another from gamestop and that two had the same problem.other times when the game is running it just freezes at a cutscenes and to get the game running again I must delete the game utility data and re download the patch.sat down to play this at ten tonight and after ten minutes of tilting the ps3 to get it to load ,it loads only for it to freeze at the first cutscene and back to stage .one very frustrating.back into the wardrobe with the ps3.a pitty

Seems like your ps reader must be misaligned. Or its having trouble with larger discs, maybe as a result of being misaligned. try opening it up I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Finished it last night. Not sure how I feel about the ending. It was certainly unexpected which is a good thing.

Could have done with more encounters with the infected, they seemed to peter out towards the end. Felt like Gears of War at the end actually which isn't a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Finished this last night. Having read through all the reviews and different viewpoints on the game and I can understand the quibbles people had with the game but I must say I really loved playing it. A really satisfying gaming experience and the ending gives you something to chew over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No surprise it won so many awards at the Bafta's last night. Superb game.

Kiith wrote: »
    No surprise it won so many awards at the Bafta's last night. Superb game.

Good to see Tearaway get three awards at it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I really wasn't expecting an adaptation. I wonder if they'll go for a tetralogy of films, one for each season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure an adaptation is going to hold up. In terms of films that story has been done to death.

I think it's quite episodic so I don't think it would be served well by a film. I think if was to be adapted like that it would probably be better as a 3 or 4 part mini-series. And not dragged on like the Walking Dead. I still watch that but only because I'm a cultural Catholic so I'm genetically built to hate myself.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure an adaptation is going to hold up. In terms of films that story has been done to death.

It hasnt really though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Timmyctc wrote: »
    It hasnt really though.

It's the road with zombies.

Firstly, Its not. Secondly you've given one example. Hardly Done to death. Thirdly they aren't zombies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The dynamic between Joel and Elle is massively different to that of
    Papa-'passive-aggressive' (I-think-i-hate-my-son-and-am-only-taking-care-of-him-to-prove-my-wife-wrong) and Junior-'zero-survival-instinct' (AKA someone-robbed-my-tent-while-I-was-sleeping-in-it-and-I-didn't-even-wake-up) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

In multiplayer is there any point to building your clan other than unlocking new clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fakman87 wrote: »
    In multiplayer is there any point to building your clan other than unlocking new clothes?

Trophies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's the whole point of multi-player.

I've always really liked that as it completely takes away from people caring about their K/D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

tok9 wrote: »
    It's the whole point of multi-player.

I've always really liked that as it completely takes away from people caring about their K/D.

But after 12 weeks it resets so it seems kind of arbitrary to me.

I was hoping that the bigger the clan got the more weapons I'd get or something like that.

It's great that they tried to add a narrative into it, I just think that the rewards could have been better.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    But after 12 weeks it resets so it seems kind of arbitrary to me.

I was hoping that the bigger the clan got the more weapons I'd get or something like that.

It's great that they tried to add a narrative into it, I just think that the rewards could have been better.

Fair enough.. I just like trying to get as big a clan as possible. Especially since someone else in my friends list had a bigger clan than me.. either timmyctc or etxp.

tok9 wrote: »
    Fair enough.. I just like trying to get as big a clan as possible. Especially since someone else in my friends list had a bigger clan than me.. either timmyctc or etxp.

I was back on there recently. Do ye still play? Might start playing it again.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I was back on there recently. Do ye still play? Might start playing it again.

Ya I was playing a nice bit a few weeks ago when the dlc came out. I might get on if 1 or 2 others are around but I am stuck in Dark Souls now and plenty more to look forward to this month (MGS, Bioshock DLC, Infamous).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If it has cross save I'd be very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Definitely going be getting a ps4 if this game comes to it,thinking about how good this game will look on next gen gives me goosebumps

When I say cross save I mean for multiplayer progress too.

I'd also imagine the game would be hitting 60fps.

Who am I kidding, I'm already tempting myself to buy it before it's even officailly revealed :P

• tok9 wrote: »
    When I say cross save I mean for multiplayer progress too.

I'd also imagine the game would be hitting 60fps.

Who am I kidding, I'm already tempting myself to buy it before it's even officailly revealed :P

Resolution increase also please & 60fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't think I could justify shelling out €70 for it tbh. Never got into the multiplayer and played through the campaign 3 times now. Maybe if it comes out as a digital upgrade for a reasonable price but wouldn't be worth full price for a prettier game at this stage.

• Don't think I could justify shelling out €70 for it tbh. Never got into the multiplayer and played through the campaign 3 times now. Maybe if it comes out as a digital upgrade for a reasonable price but wouldn't be worth full price for a prettier game at this stage.

There is a new difficulty mode coming out also which might justify the campaign replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    There is a new difficulty mode coming out also which might justify the campaign replay.

3 playthroughs is the most I've given any game. A new difficulty mode is not going to make me give it a 4th to be honest.

I'm sad they never implemented a horde multiplayer mode

• Advertisement

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    I'm sad they never implemented a horde multiplayer mode

Would have been epic, and if they put in some of the game-play elements from 'Left Behind' to make it more strategic. Even if you could be on opposing teams with AI allies / enemies or something like that.

Advertisement