Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Oh my gosh. Imagine they had a mode where you could be a clicker :P totally blind using sonar to see people. *pew pew pew* :pac:

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. Imagine they had a mode where you could be a clicker :P totally blind using sonar to see people. *pew pew pew* :pac:

Probably play out like the scene in 'Left Behind',
    Ellie playing the imaginary video game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Timmyctc wrote: »

I honestly thought we were going to get something like that since there were so few details on MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Only played the Last of Us and the Left Behind DLC in the last two weeks. Amazing game with superb writing and characters.

The two best games I've played for story, this year, being this and walking dead season 1 (waiting for season 2 on vita). The stories in both games really get to you. Last of us obviously a superior experience as a game.

Last of Us is as good as anything I've played, loved it.

Me again, Don't know if this is going to make sense but here goes.

This year I got a vita and ps4. I've played some very enjoyable games. Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Outlast, MGSV on ps4 and Walking Dead, Uncharted, Hotline Miami and anything going free on ps+ for vita.

My better half was away for a couple of weeks so I dusted off the ps3 and played Last of Us and the Left Behind DLC in the two weeks.

The story had an impact on me comparable to Clementine story on Walking Dead but more for some reason, maybe the more intense game draws you deeper in.

The only problem I have now is, what the hell could i play to even compare to the Last of Us? I've not turned on a console since and only mess about with smart as on vita for a bit. I don't feel like turning on a console.

I can't describe properly my feeling towards a potential new game now, I'm still stuck in a "f*** me, what a game" feeling over the Last of Us and its story.

Does anything out there match it? Or am I suffering withdrawal from the Last of Us world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Me again, Don't know if this is going to make sense but here goes.

This year I got a vita and ps4. I've played some very enjoyable games. Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Outlast, MGSV on ps4 and walking dead, uncharted, hotline Miami and anything going free on ps+.

My better half was away for a couple of weeks so I dusted off the ps3 and played last of us and the left behind DLC in the two weeks.

The story had an impact on me comparable to clementine story on walking dead but more for some reason, maybe the more intense game draws you in more.

The only problem I have now is, what the hell could i play to even compare to the last of us. I've not turned on a console since and only mess about with smart as on vita for a bit. I don't feel like turning on a console.

I can't describe properly my feeling towards a potential new game now, I'm still stuck in a "f*** me, what a game" feeling over the last of us and its story.

Does anything out there match it? Or am I suffering withdrawal from the last of us world?

We all get that. I found playing a completely different genre help you get out of that pit you feel.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    We all get that. I found playing a completely different genre help you get out of that pit you feel.

Mite try that, thank you. Still reeling from exceptional game experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jaxdasher wrote: »

I played Brothers as a gentle change of pace then got stuck into Tomb Raider.

I played Brothers as a gentle change of pace then got stuck into Tomb Raider.

Will give brothers a go, hadn't even heard of it. Played Tomb Raider prior to Last of Us and enjoyed it. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Will give brothers a go, hadn't even heard of it. Played Tomb Raider prior to Last of Us and enjoyed it. Thank you.

I'm getting stuck into Metro: Last Light at the moment, got a post apocalyptic vibe going on with a bit of the stealth vibe as well but as a fps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Mite try that, thank you. Still reeling from exceptional game experience!

I still feel the same after finishing it in January. I'd recommend giving the multiplayer a go. It's all I've played since finishing the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Dmr1cnC.png

350x700px-LL-4c34e31a_Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

I may just have to double-dip

Just tell me about the last DLC!

From that.. the game is full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Don't care for any of the Playstation exclusive series; outcast, mgs no interest - wasn't much bothered by the Xbox 360's either- but this game is a day one purchase for me. I've still managed to stay almost completely ignorant of the game, bar of course the recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think the €60 will include the DLC. I haven't purchased that yet so may get this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I imagine Sony will release a trailer soon. Can't take that long to get it out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

TLOU looked fairly gorgeous on last gen, can't wait to see how it looks on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bought a ps3 justto play this game,very tempted to do the same for the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

RasTa wrote: »
    I think the €60 will include the DLC. I haven't purchased that yet so may get this.

It would fecking want to ha.
    I love TLOU (best game of last gen IMO) and left behind DLC and completed both 3 times but.....but i just dont know about paying full price again on the ps4 for 1080p. If they were to offer some sort of upgrade option like they did with COD ghosts i'd definitely be getting it.

In saying that come release day i might do a U-turn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I will have no problem forking over cash money for this. Not just because I only played it once on my PS3 and even then it crashed every 2 minutes, but because it's likely to get a bit of a Tomb Raider style upgrade (they're billing it as 'remastered) and I haven't played the DLC. But most importantly because I want to support the studio that went out on a limb and decided to put a lot of heart and soul into making a game that might not have been received so well. Fair play to them, in turn they raised the bar and as a result better games will be developed, where everything from gameplay and graphics to story and atmosphere are just as important as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

jones wrote: »
    It would fecking want to ha.
    I love TLOU (best game of last gen IMO) and left behind DLC and completed both 3 times but.....but i just dont know about paying full price again on the ps4 for 1080p. If they were to offer some sort of upgrade option like they did with COD ghosts i'd definitely be getting it.

In saying that come release day i might do a U-turn :D

I absolutely love this game so I'm gonna buy it day 1, no questions asked, but I'm someone who bought the other game day 1 and paid €20 extra for the season pass there after.

It's a bit steep to ask €60 from me. If it's €50 then that's grand. I'll pay that much to have great graphics and to have the MP on the PS4!

I'll get it too but I don't think I could pay 60 euro for it after what the above poster said.

I'm assuming the game and season pass cost me about 65 in total. So I would be hoping for some kind of upgrade programme.

20 euro.. I'm sold.. 30 I'd probably get it.. Anymore and I reckon I'll wait a bit.

I doubt there'd be an upgrade program. Look at tombraider.

10151360_1579888732236376_8959557968806743337_n.jpg

Will include all DLC and a commentary track.

Well Druckmann tweeted they are targeting 60FPS too. Man I really hope there is some discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

And it is official

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/09/last-us-remastered-coming-ps4-summer-2014/

I want it but shelling out another €60 for a game I already played I am not sure about.

They need to wow me with the upgrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

All they need to do is add a horde multi player mode and its sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tok9 wrote: »
    Well Druckmann tweeted they are targeting 60FPS too. Man I really hope there is some discount.
    If they do go for a discount, I imagine it'll be quite small given the price the game is currently available for new. :o

With the 1080p resolution already hit I'd be mightily impressed if they hit a constant 60fps. They could go for a 30fps or unlocked frame rate option I guess at least that way we'd have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd prefer if they upped the effects and lock it at 30. Make it look next gen.

• Advertisement

From what I've seen it still goes for about £20/€30 new so an upgrade of £15/€20 seems reasonable to me.

Even thinking about it.. you couldn't imagine it's been in development for a very long time.. it just seems wrong to charge full price after already buying it.

Advertisement