Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

gizmo wrote: »
    Did you watch the video in a small window at 480p? :pac:

Nah, was a bad source I watched it from I realised actually. Watched the proper one and it looks better, but still, I guess that's not the most show-y of scenes either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gizmo wrote: »
    Trailer for the remastered version is out. Word of warning for those who haven't played the game yet, avoid it. There's a rather awful scene spoiler within. :(

Ah, I wouldn't really call that a spoiler. It's a great little part in the game when you come to it but seeing that isn't going to ruin the game for you…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hmm, my choice of words was poor, apologies. What I mean is, it contains a scene which is best not spoiled until you play the game. It's certainly not a story spoiler or anything along those lines. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The problem with stuff like that is that wherever you watch it will have to compress the video stream to put it online so it's very hard to get it at full quality. I'm sure it will look very nice though, the game itself is easily as high-quality as many of the PS4/XBO launch titles, just with gimped resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Load of info on the latest DLC

Grounded DLC

No release date or a huge amount on the single player part except for it being very tough.

Doing a livestream of the content on the 18th so hopefully we'll have it soon.

Hope thats included in the PS4 version.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Hope thats included in the PS4 version.

It is.. they said all the dlc is included.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Load of info on the latest DLC

Grounded DLC

No release date or a huge amount on the single player part except for it being very tough.

Doing a livestream of the content on the 18th so hopefully we'll have it soon.

Wow that's a fairly EPIC DLC

I'll probably be on for a few MP games tonight if anyone is around.

• Advertisement

• tok9 wrote: »
    I'll probably be on for a few MP games tonight if anyone is around.

Cool might join ya, we haven't had a session in a while.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cool might join ya, we haven't had a session in a while.

Ya you might not want to.. was awfully rusty the other day when I went back to it. :P

Gonna start playing the MP again to get all practiced up for the PS4 launch!

You really can't let yourself become bad in this game or you'll lose the 12 weeks.
    I think I was week 11 before I stopped, and there's a raid on the horizon.

Naughty Dog have replied to comments and said that they're looking into a discount system for PS3 owners.

I'm guessing with the inclusion of the online pass needed to activate the game that that could be used as a way to authenticate the discs to the accounts.

Welcomed move if it comes to be anyway!

That would definitely be welcomed.

Didn't play any MP after last night but should be on over the weekend. If anyone is online send me a PSN message or PM here and I'll probably hop on.

27th June seems to be the estimated release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Is that the same as the original?

20 June has been the date going by leaks. It's a Friday too, so a global launch possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Was playing MP last night after months. Tried out the DLC maps. Got slaughtered by guys with 400+ weeks. Need more practice.

• jaxdasher wrote: »
    Was playing MP last night after months. Tried out the DLC maps. Got slaughtered by guys with 400+ weeks. Need more practice.

That's my fear, once you stop playing for a while and come back your get pwned by the hardcores.

• Advertisement

Ya it's definitely difficult at first but once you get back into the swing of it (2-3 games) I've found it's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

II think I'll stay away fr dlc maps for awhile that seems to be for higher levelplayers at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Played Left Behind the other night. thought it was a great addition to the main story and further fleshing out of Ellie's character, though I did feel like it was just part of the main game they'd pulled out.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Played Left Behind the other night. thought it was a great addition to the main story and further fleshing out of Ellie's character, though I did feel like it was just part of the main game they'd pulled out.

If it were included I don't think it'd fit in well with the pacing of the original game.

I think it works better after you finish the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

jaxdasher wrote: »
    II think I'll stay away fr dlc maps for awhile that seems to be for higher levelplayers at the moment.

The problem with the dlc maps is that you don't have a "no parties" option, so a lot of the time you are up against a team.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    If it were included I don't think it'd fit in well with the pacing of the original game.

I think it works better after you finish the game.

If so much of it didn't take place within the actual story of the main game I might agree with you. The storyline of the main game was slow and episodic imo, each section has it's own little plot as it is to a point with characters and sub plots appearing and disappearing as it goes. I don't think it would have effected the pacing at all.

About to start some MP. PSN below if anyone wants to join.

I used to be really good at the MP and the burst rifle months and months ago until I switched to the bow. I'm terrible now again and wondering if I should feck the bow and go for the guns.
    Is the bow worth it?

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I used to be really good at the MP and the burst rifle months and months ago until I switched to the bow. I'm terrible now again and wondering if I should feck the bow and go for the guns.
    Is the bow worth it?

I usually use the bow. It's a great weapon if you are accurate. I tend to use it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Haven't played mp in about a month must get back to it this weekend or next!

Advertisement