Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Let me know when you're on next!

Not sure if it was mentioned but the dlc is coming out the week of the 5th of May so I assume it'll be out here on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Sooner than I expected. For anyone who hasn't bought the DLCs. I highly recommend buying the Season Pass. It gives you all the dlcs. The season pass will be removed from store mid may!! Thats how good that deal is!

• Has there been any further news if this carry s forward to the PS4 version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has there been any further news if this carry s forward to the PS4 version?

Absolutely everything that's on the PS3 version will be on the PS4 version for €60, so no need to buy a season pass for it when it comes out.

• Advertisement

• _Redzer_ wrote: »
    Absolutely everything that's on the PS3 version will be on the PS4 version for €60, so no need to buy a season pass for it when it comes out.
    Yes but are they going to subsidise people who already own both on the PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yes but are they going to subsidise people who already own both on the PS3

They're going to look into it apparently.

Noticed that Amazon have taken down the June 20 release date and it seems that it Mau have just been a placeholder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Anyone up for a few games tonight?

1.07 Update

The above mentions everything about the new update. From a quick read it's good to hear they have added 2 more custom loadouts and added 4 new premade classes.

Surprisingly, the flamethrower still hasn't been affected.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    1.07 Update

The above mentions everything about the new update. From a quick read it's good to hear they have added 2 more custom loadouts and added 4 new premade classes.

They should let you rename them

• tok9 wrote: »
    1.07 Update

I'm looking for more detail on this;

Single Player
    • Grounded Difficulty added for Single Player.
      • Want a challenge? This mode is for the toughest of the hardcore. Super aggressive AI. Bring your best game or you won't survive.
    What about scavenging for supplys, health etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

DLC is out :)

Ya I'm going to play some now while watching the City match I reckon... depends how that match is going.

Anyone play the new DLC after?

I played about 4 rounds of Supply Raid on 3 of the new maps.

Maps all seemed good, played on Wharf, Coal Mine and the Water Tower. I'll need more time with them but I liked them.

Weapons wise -
    I liked the Enforcer a lot. Good pistol.
    I wasn't a big fan of the Full auto gun. Just felt too slow to me.
    Also liked the Spectre which is the silenced machine gun you buy but I'm not sure I'd buy it a lot.
    I didn't actually use the Launcher but it was used on me and it didn't seem that impressive.

Perks - now these are good and I can see them changing things up a bit.
    Agility - Moves faster, it's not by much but you definitely notice it
    Scavenger - So handy on level 2 as it picks up ammo and supplies when walking past
    Gunslinger - Think that's what it's called. Very useful if you are only using a pistol as it increases the pistol ammo.
    Bomb Expert - Another good one which makes the fuse shorter on bombs thrown and placed depending on the level.

That's all I can think of right now but so far so good.

I'll hopefully be on again after work but won't be on too late..

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Anyone played grounded difficulty? I read that there not just AI improvement but scarcity resources too which is probably the most you can expect. I'll start it probably soon. I haven't played nightmare yet. Would like to see opinions from people that played both difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just played a few games on the new maps with a class made up of new weapons.

I don't know if it's the weapons, maps or some under the hood balancing from the update but they were some of the most enjoyable matches I've played.

Firefights seemed more intense. Seemed like a proper shootout. If I had to guess I'd say it's because of the amount of cover in the maps, but the new weapons feel great too. Before, each weapon was quite specifc. Felt very generic. Now I think there will be a bit more variety. Although the new pistol may be over powered.

Myself and Paul are on now if anyone wants to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Myself and Paul are on now if anyone wants to join.

I'm jumping on now lads. FAKMAN87 on psn :)

Same here. PSN: Shreddedloops

• Advertisement

Yer hardly still on are ye ?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yer hardly still on are ye ?

Nope :(

But I should be on for a good bit tomorrow.

I'll add you tomorrow shreddedloops.

Nope :(

But I should be on for a good bit tomorrow.

I'll add you tomorrow shreddedloops.
    are we not already friends? :P From ages ago?

Timmyctc

Timmyctc wrote: »
    are we not already friends? :P From ages ago?

Timmyctc

Ya we are, I'm talking about the other person who posted before you :P

Send a PM if anyone is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I saw that the season pass is 20quid on Playstation Store and it includes Left Behind which is €15 on its own. Anyone know for how much longer it'll be at that price?

I saw that the season pass is 20quid on Playstation Store and it includes Left Behind which is €15 on its own. Anyone know for how much longer it'll be at that price?

As far as I know it's always been that price. Fairly good value.

It's ending this week or the next when the store updates which means you'll have to buy everything individually, so if you plan on getting it, better make it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's ending this week or the next when the store updates which means you'll have to buy everything individually, so if you plan on getting it, better make it soon.

Thanks.

Found it mentioned here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/see-the-last-of-us-new-maps-skills-and-guns-in-action/1100-6419428/

I suppose it'll be gone any day now.

• Advertisement

• tok9 wrote: »
    Ya we are, I'm talking about the other person who posted before you :P
    How you finding the new weapons?
    PS3 out of action for about a month. Gonna get this going this week. Mad to play the DLC.

Also, anybody tackle the Single Player with the new difficulty?

Advertisement