Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Bit late to the party but I inly played and completed this gale recently. Missed out on the season pass though :(

Is the DLC mainly for the online multiplayer or is there replayability to the campaign?

Yes it effects the Single player, a new difficulty has just been introduced called Grounded & Left behind is a campaign add-on (An Excellent one) the accompanies the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just got the latest map pack. For all the new survival skills (Executioner, Scavenger, Awareness etc.) and the Enforcer pistol, can you unlock those with parts or do you have to buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just got the latest map pack. For all the new survival skills (Executioner, Scavenger, Awareness etc.) and the Enforcer pistol, can you unlock those with parts or do you have to buy them?

Emm. Like, you download them. The enforcer costs 1 loadout point and is a regular weapon. The skills all function like regular skills

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wasn't paying attention when I downloaded the map pack. I see all the weapon and skill bundles now.

€14 for all the new guns and skills seems like a lot.

Think I'll just get the Enforcer pistol, that's what everyone has been kicking my ass with.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Wasn't paying attention when I downloaded the map pack. I see all the weapon and skill bundles now.

Think I'll just get the Enforcer pistol, that's what everyone has been kicking my ass with.

I have personally am enjoying the sawn off shotgun and enforcer. The rest are meh.

• Advertisement

Do ye not have the season pass? Bargain that is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Do ye not have the season pass? Bargain that is .

No available anymore afaik or is it? I went to get it a few days ago as I only just played and cleared the game but it's gone frim the PS3 store.

• Below has been effecting me even with NAT2, I don't get lag in any other game. But since the new patch I'm suffering shocking. It's incredibly frustrating mid-game.

Lag Detection Check now stricter

This change is designed to catch situations where a player is lagging significantly and causing severe problems.
    When the Lag Detection Check occurs, your character will be frozen in place and you will see the Network Trouble icon appear on your screen. This is to ensure the lagging player cannot gain an advantage during this time.

Added Network Trouble icon

If you are seeing the Network Trouble icon frequently, here are some things you can do to improve your connection:
    Use a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.
    Avoid any major internet usage while playing. Things like torrents, Netflix, YouTube, etc. will have a big impact on your performance.
    Ensure your NAT (Network Address Translation) is not restricted (Type 3). To check if it is, go to the XMB --> Settings --> Network Settings --> Network connection test). Check with your router manufacturer for specific instructions on how to open up your NAT for your specific router model.

Network Lag Detection Feedback

Feedback we are looking for:
    Are you still seeing severe lag situations, e.g. dying several seconds after you killed another player?
    Are you getting the Network Trouble icon frequently? Do you see it almost constantly or only a few times during a match?
    Have you tried the above steps to improve your connection?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Below has been effecting me even with NAT2, I don't get lag in any other game. But since the new patch I'm suffering shocking. It's incredibly frustrating mid-game.

Lag Detection Check now stricter

This change is designed to catch situations where a player is lagging significantly and causing severe problems.
    When the Lag Detection Check occurs, your character will be frozen in place and you will see the Network Trouble icon appear on your screen. This is to ensure the lagging player cannot gain an advantage during this time.

Added Network Trouble icon

If you are seeing the Network Trouble icon frequently, here are some things you can do to improve your connection:
    Use a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.
    Avoid any major internet usage while playing. Things like torrents, Netflix, YouTube, etc. will have a big impact on your performance.
    Ensure your NAT (Network Address Translation) is not restricted (Type 3). To check if it is, go to the XMB --> Settings --> Network Settings --> Network connection test). Check with your router manufacturer for specific instructions on how to open up your NAT for your specific router model.

Network Lag Detection Feedback

Feedback we are looking for:
    Are you still seeing severe lag situations, e.g. dying several seconds after you killed another player?
    Are you getting the Network Trouble icon frequently? Do you see it almost constantly or only a few times during a match?
    Have you tried the above steps to improve your connection?
    UPC Mang. GEt it

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    UPC Mang. GEt it

Actually got a bit of luck later in the evening.
    Got 1 or 2 lag free games. Great teamwork with tok and jax.

Was suggesting if we could round up enough of the boards guys a private match session would be class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Actually got a bit of luck later in the evening.
    Got 1 or 2 lag free games. Great teamwork with tok and jax.

Was suggesting if we could round up enough of the boards guys a private match session would be class.

I was playing earlier and got destroyed. I'd finally gotten good again, but since the patch, I'm not used to all the new perks and I'm still learning. It didn't help that I was getting hit behind cover because of lag either.

I think I'll need to switch back to guns again. Shame considering I love the bow

• _Redzer_ wrote: »
    I was playing earlier and got destroyed. I'd finally gotten good again, but since the patch, I'm not used to all the new perks and I'm still learning. It didn't help that I was getting hit behind cover because of lag either.

I think I'll need to switch back to guns again. Shame considering I love the bow

Same for a us but it comes back to you. Teamwork has gotten so vital. Any rouge soldiers can have a detrimental effect to the whole team of 4. Mic comms are crucial too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Same for a us but it comes back to you. Teamwork has gotten so vital. Any rouge soldiers can have a detrimental effect to the whole team of 4. Mic comms are crucial too.

I've kinda played on and off. Last summer I got really good with the guns, then left it for months, came back with the bow and was awful, but I learned how to use it properly. Back to square one again! :p

Team work really has gotten vita the last while I noticed, even though that was the only real way to ever win anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've gotten back into this in the last week or two. I hadn't played it in well over 6 months and I was crap then, so imagine how bad I am now :pac:

I only play survivors though as I prefer the more tactical approach, and I can only die once in a round. I'm one of those sneaky feckers who goes off on their own, planting bombs, hanging back, sniping, sneaking, listening and waiting for the perfect moment and the lag kicks in. It can be inspired or a disaster but I'd be wiped out in a fair fight for sure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well if there was enough interest we could definitely look into a few private matches.. even just to experiment with the new weapons perks.

Probably wouldn't be as big an issue with lag either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Who wants a left behind dlc code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Soby wrote: »
    Who wants a left behind dlc code

Meeeee!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Meeeee!!!!

Damn you kurst. Damn you to hell :pac:

Just going to throw it out there to see if there would be any interest in a big group of us playing online, whether that be competitive or in a private match.

I know a few who I'd regularly play with online are interested.

I'll probably be on tonight but if we could set some day to have a big gang on such as Friday, who'd be interested in playing?

sin0city wrote: »
    Damn you kurst. Damn you to hell :pac:

I regret nothing…

• Advertisement

I'd just like to say that Soby is a saint and a scholar and if he needs any references in the future for Nobel Peace Prizes or the like, I am your man.

Don't believe the hype about Soby... he's pure evil.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Just going to throw it out there to see if there would be any interest in a big group of us playing online, whether that be competitive or in a private match.

I know a few who I'd regularly play with online are interested.

I'll probably be on tonight but if we could set some day to have a big gang on such as Friday, who'd be interested in playing?

OK confirmed for tonight so far?

Myself - mickie_50 (PSN)
    Timmy
    Tok9
    Jaxdasher
    Soby

Need 1 more to make a 3v3 private matches.

I reckon McMafia will be on too

• I'm online now lads. Maybe aim for around 10.30?

I'm online now lads. Maybe aim for around 10.30?

Few of us were just on.. I reckon we'll all be on in a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I must get back into this game. I hear there is new maps?

etxp wrote: »
    I must get back into this game. I hear there is new maps?

You hear right.. along with new weapons, perks for MP and a new difficulty mode for SP.

Few of us have been playing most nights so if I'm on I'll send you an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i never even noticed there was a multiplayer mode on last of us...got my ass kicked too many times on mortal combat multiplayer edition years ago and shied off since on all online multiplayer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

tok9 wrote: »
    You hear right.. along with new weapons, perks for MP and a new difficulty mode for SP.

Few of us have been playing most nights so if I'm on I'll send you an invite.

Any decent new weapons?

Advertisement