Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jones wrote: »
    Is there definitely no "upgrade" option like COD/Assassins Creed on the ps4? I've already bought game and DLC on ps3 so i cant justfy paying full price for a prettier version of the same game (Even a game as good as TLOU)

So far no and I don't see it happening at this stage either. I'm sure we'll get an information overload in about 2 weeks regarding save files and upgrades.

But don't hold your breath...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Some with ordering it with Zavvi unfortunately :(. They have some good prices on stuff from time to time, but man is their shipping terrible. Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn shipped for me from there today, I will be luck to receive it by next Wednesday.

Are you saying it takes a week to deliver with Zavvi!? Haven't bought from there in a long time so I can't remember how long it takes.

Don't mind waiting a couple of days for delivery but not a week!

From memory.. it'll definitely take at least a week from Zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Keith186 wrote: »
    Are you saying it takes a week to deliver with Zavvi!? Haven't bought from there in a long time so I can't remember how long it takes.

Don't mind waiting a couple of days for delivery but not a week!

For their free shipping, yes unfortunately. Usually take 5-8 working days. At least Amazon get it to you in 2 days on their free shipping and both are coming from the UK.

I don't mind too much though as I will be at Nom-Con the first weekend of August when this comes out. And as for DW Gundam Reborn, I got it for €34 the next cheapest was €38 and Gamestop aren't bothering to stock it. They have the new One Piece game up on their website for €65, its €50 everywhere online and €55 off PSN. You know they are gouging when it costs more than Euro PSN for a new game.

TLOU is just under 30 on Gamestop's UK site

No idea if they deliver to Ireland but as I'm here in the UK I'm tempted to go for this or US PSN now.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

No idea if they deliver to Ireland but as I'm here in the UK I'm tempted to go for this or US PSN now.

Doesn't look like it, but the stupid thing is everything bought on the UK Gamestop site is still shipped from Swords if I am not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I guess it will be about 70eu on PS4 if you go with gamestop? I was thinking of trading in PS4 Ghost and apply all preorder bonuses and current promotions, but even with that It will be very bad value...

Doesn't look like it, but the stupid thing is everything bought on the UK Gamestop site is still shipped from Swords if I am not mistaken.

You could try parcel motel.

You could try parcel motel.

Says they refuse to ship to reshippers in the faqs on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hmm. Thats an awful good price, but I'l be in the UK till the 1st august, so I don't wanna order it then have it not show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Boom ! Ordered. One of the advantages of living in the UK

• Any PS4 Bundle prices in retail yet lads? This is out tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any PS4 Bundle prices in retail yet lads? This is out tomorrow??

29th of July is it not?

It's out at the end of next month. Sony are doing a bundle with TLOU for €430, should be able to order one from the usual suspects shortly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

August 1st here, 29th July in the US.

• Benzino wrote: »
    29th of July is it not?

Oops a month early :o
    NM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Anybody else watch that Planet of the apes short and get a distinct Last of us vibe from it? The kids even reading a comic book in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYCl7_bDbZs

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

So I guess it will be about 70eu on PS4 if you go with gamestop? I was thinking of trading in PS4 Ghost and apply all preorder bonuses and current promotions, but even with that It will be very bad value...

Gamestop.ie are showing it as €50 on their website, which is actually a good price! Considering i want it on release date and not be waiting by mail.. i'll get it there.

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/46091/the-last-of-us-remastered-pre-order-bonus?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3DThe%2BLast%2BOf%2BUs%2BRemastered%2B(Pre%2BOrder%2Bbonus)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Klair88 wrote: »
    Gamestop.ie are showing it as €50 on their website, which is actually a good price! Considering i want it on release date and not be waiting by mail.. i'll get it there.

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/46091/the-last-of-us-remastered-pre-order-bonus?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.ie%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3DThe%2BLast%2BOf%2BUs%2BRemastered%2B(Pre%2BOrder%2Bbonus)

But you are contradicting yourself there because their online price is almost always cheaper than their in store price...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

mystic86 wrote: »
    But you are contradicting yourself there because their online price is almost always cheaper than their in store price...

Really? Might have to check that out. All the other PS4 games are at retail store price online as well.

• Advertisement

Is anyone still up for a few MP games on the ps3?

I'll probably be on if there is a squad.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Is anyone still up for a few MP games on the ps3?

I'll probably be on if there is a squad.

Hmm I was trying to hold out until PS4 & I'm also trying to get trade in credit prior to picking up the bundle at the end of the month.

I might hold on to it until tomorrow. Will know later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

In smyths it down as 43 euro. Great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Price of the remastered version seems to have shot right down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looking to purchase a PS4 at the end of the month, am torn on which game to get with it, was going to go for watch dogs but have been told the last of us is a must buy, would you agree? Is this a must play? thanks all

If you haven't played The Last of Us.. it is without doubt a must buy.

Fantastic game.. Really looking forward to the multiplayer on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Looking to purchase a PS4 at the end of the month, am torn on which game to get with it, was going to go for watch dogs but have been told the last of us is a must buy, would you agree? Is this a must play? thanks all

The Last of Us is fantastic and well worth playing. I didn't enjoy Watch Dogs myself though, I found it bland once the novelty of the profiler wore off(which was very quickly)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I preordered it for €48 from zavvi, I'd be nearly tempted to cancel it now and get it from smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Never played this (was a Xbox 360 man on old gen) going to mix it up and purchase PS4 this month. Is it an easy game to get into and play? have never been a huge adventure type game player, love GTA 5 and COD, would this still be a game for me?

Advertisement