Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Never played this (was a Xbox 360 man on old gen) going to mix it up and purchase PS4 this month. Is it an easy game to get into and play? have never been a huge adventure type game player, love GTA 5 and COD, would this still be a game for me?

Honestly, without wanting to sound hyperbolic, I struggle to think of any type of game player who won't like this game. It has it all; game play is fluid, story is instantly gripping, graphics are fantastic without being mind-blowing (or distracting). It has just the right amount of challenge without being frustrating.

Seriously, I've played it already and it's still the one game I'm most eager to play this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished several times and just bought it today for the PS4. I'm going to have another go at the hardest difficulty. I've given up several times as it's just so fecking stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I preordered it for €48 from zavvi, I'd be nearly tempted to cancel it now and get it from smyths.

Zavvi are selling it fo €44 at the moment, but if you want the game on release day its well worth ordering in Smyths at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats the last of us paid off in HMV. Its 30% extra trade in credit there right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

cloud493 wrote: »
    Thats the last of us paid off in HMV. Its 30% extra trade in credit there right now

How much was it with the trade in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd compare the Last of Us to something like Resident Evil 2/3.
    Excellent game and I might still pick it up for the PS4..

The game was still €50. But the games I traded in plus the 30% meant I had €15 credit left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

In Smyths,

http://www.toys.ie/The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-PS4-!136368-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=ea325ceb-9eed-401b-8ed0-440412012cbb

Which makes the console bundle hardly worth buying. You save 3 euro!

• NORTH1 wrote: »
    In Smyths,

http://www.toys.ie/The-Last-of-Us-Remastered-PS4-!136368-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=ea325ceb-9eed-401b-8ed0-440412012cbb

Which makes the console bundle hardly worth buying. You save 3 euro!

I'm better of trading in the couple of games that I have now against the PS4 on it's own. Pick up a copy of TLOU:R separately after that.

Disappointing price point considering the bundle 'deal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Finished several times and just bought it today for the PS4. I'm going to have another go at the hardest difficulty. I've given up several times as it's just so fecking stressful.

What does the hardest setting add to the difficulty?

less items/ammo?

• Advertisement

• nix wrote: »
    What does the hardest setting add to the difficulty?

less items/ammo?

Enemies alert sensitivity is mad high. Your weak as piss...one or two hits from infected / humans and your dead.

No in-game-hud whatsoever. No indication other than visual representation from Joel of the status of your health.

And items / ammo are even more scarce. I only got so far in the PS3 version (I made myself stop!) considering I'm picking it up again on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Enemies alert sensitivity is mad high. Your weak as piss...one or two hits from infected and your dead.

No in-game-hud whatsoever.

And items / ammo are even more scarce.

Oh my science! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Enemies alert sensitivity is mad high. Your weak as piss...one or two hits from infected / humans and your dead.

No in-game-hud whatsoever. No indication other than visual representation from Joel of the status of your health.

And items / ammo are even more scarce. I only got so far in the PS3 version (I made myself stop!) considering I'm picking it up again on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The Last of Us: Remastered is available for pre-order on the UK Store for £39.99.

That is reasonable.

I don't have a link but the Irish Store is apparently €44.99.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »

Handy.

Smyths have put their price up to €50, so this is just far more convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what is the us store retailing for?

what is the us store retailing for?

$50 AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone want to play a few mp games today/night?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

• tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone want to play a few mp games today/night?
    Soz tok, I'm holding out now until the end of the month ;)

Its so close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm on the fence about it. I only picked up a PS3 about a month ago for TLOU and GTA5.
    Once I finished TLOU I traded it in and got a PS4 so don't know if I'll play it again...was a great game though although I never bother with difficulty levels..I'd end up throwing my controller through the tv...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well.. I think it's safe to assume we'll get information next week.

Hopefully it's a lot of good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

This game was one of the best I've played over the last 5/6 years. The gameplay was solid, it looked great and the story was just amazing.

I'm not sure if ill get PS4 version though as I now know they entire story and will the wow factor be missing this time as a result?

I don't think so, the 60 frames and what not should be impressive enough for me.

Yeah, you would've missed little things in the story, plus you can approach situations differently

I loved purposefully dying and then repaying the snowstorm part because of the different ways of killing the bad guys.

I just hope I don't get drunk again, die uncountable times and wonder the next day why I have no ammo and how I'm gonna clear a massive horde of clickers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Didn't like the ending.

The game is superb though.

Advertisement