Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RasTa wrote: »
    tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif

2403516-5585411898-joel_.gif

All aboard....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just read the last few pages of this thread...cant believe the amount of people who almost seem to think that 60fps over 30fps will some how "speed up the game"

If an animation takes a certain amount of time it takes that amount of time,60fps will not change that. In that interview ND even said that they looked at the animation/animation speeds to make sure 60fps was not an issue. All you will get is a smoother image,its a non debate imo

/On Topic

Sign me up for that hype plane!!

Does anyone know weather smyths will honour the €43 price they had about a week ago?

Pre Ordered it at that price but its gone up to €50?

Poor form if they do not imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just read the last few pages of this thread...cant believe the amount of people who almost seem to think that 60fps over 30fps will some how "speed up the game"

If an animation takes a certain amount of time it takes that amount of time,60fps will not change that. In that interview ND even said that they looked at the animation/animation speeds to make sure 60fps was not an issue. All you will get is a smoother image,its a non debate imo

/On Topic

Sign me up for that hype plane!!

Does anyone know weather smyths will honour the €43 price they had about a week ago?

Pre Ordered it at that price but its gone up to €50?

Poor form if they do not imo

Fúck them tbh, just download it off PSN for €45.

I'm hoping the more people move away from them and cause them to lose a nice chunk of business, the sooner they cut the €65 crap and go back to normal.

Otherwise it's amazon, digital, and imports for me, and it'll be their own greed if the brick and mortar stores go belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah i preordered in smyths for 43 and i see its up to 50 would be bad form if they dont honor 43

• Advertisement

Kinda chuffed i have not played this on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im inclined to agree redzer,at the time i pre ordered though i did not know it was going to be €45 on PSN.

Might give them a ring and see,if they wont honour the price its blatant profiteering imo.

Yeah i preordered in smyths for 43 and i see its up to 50 would be bad form if they dont honor 43

Weird,

Smyth's in Airside wouldn't let me pre order any game, I went into order TLOU and Destiny (and pay upfront) and she wouldn't take it off me, said I can't pre order games that aren't out yet, instead she signed me up to some text thing when it comes into stock....

I also asked her about the Destiny beta and the eye roll to the heavens was enough to tell me that this girl most likely didn't have work the game counter most days, about as much help as a sack of spuds...

Which was no use to me as I had a few games to trade towards them, ended up going to Xtravision for both (50 for TLoU) and no issue with them taking games off me there.

Also got +30% in Xtravision trade in value for July.

Kinda chuffed i have not played this on ps3

Even if you have, it warrants a repurchase if you enjoyed the game enough.

I loved it, so it's a no-brainer for me, and it'll mean the MP will get a longer lifespan

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Even if you have, it warrants a repurchase if you enjoyed the game enough.

I loved it, so it's a no-brainer for me, and it'll mean the MP will get a longer lifespan

I had it on PS3, got about 9 hours into it on hard (it was really difficult IMO), lent the PS3 to my mate and his Dad took the liberty of finishing it off on normal on my account, I was delighted as you can imagine!

So just decided to suck it up and start it again on PS4, maybe on normal this time.... :D

(Not!)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I had it on PS3, got about 9 hours into it on hard (it was really difficult IMO), lent the PS3 to my mate and his Dad took the liberty of finishing it off on normal on my account, I was delighted as you can imagine!

So just decided to suck it up and start it again on PS4, maybe on normal this time.... :D

(Not!)

I got a similar distance into it before I chose to change the difficulty back to normal :p

I'll try it again, and I'm sure it'll be easier since I know where everything is now

Am sure this game is gonna be the making of the ps4 for me

Am sure this game is gonna be the making of the ps4 for me

Play it on normal first and it just may... :D

I was expecting the difficulty to be on par with Uncharted, oh how wrong I was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Play it on normal first and it just may... :D

I was expecting the difficulty to be on par with Uncharted, oh how wrong I was...

I actually thought hard was just fine tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm going straight for grounded mode.

so guy in smyths naas told me the price is 49.99 and he is 99.999999999999999999999997% sure they will stick to 49.99 regardless the price when we preordered. he said he will pass concerns on to manager for attention of smyths head office but he said quite sneaky getting people to buy at 43 and actually selling game for 50

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm going straight for grounded mode.
    grounded mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Hopefully get some use out of my ps4 soon when this comes out. Nothing on it so far has kept my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

grounded mode?
    No HUD, hardly any supplies or ammo, and only enough health to take 1 or 2 hits before you're dead.

Evade wrote: »
    No HUD, hardly any supplies or ammo, and only enough health to take 1 or 2 hits before you're dead.
    grounded mode aka frustration aka broken controller mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Tbh that irritates me. No HUD and only being able to take a couple of hits sounds great, but no supplies is just.....boring.

Kirby wrote: »
    Tbh that irritates me. No HUD and only being able to take a couple of hits sounds great, but no supplies is just.....boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kirby wrote: »

Then play a different difficulty?

Noob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I much prefer the last of us on hard than normal. On normal I found there was no situation I couldn't shoot my way out of, which was boring.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I actually thought hard was just fine tbh :P

Youth of today and all that jazz.... :P

Youth of today and all that jazz.... :P

I was actually glad too. Because I tried the newer Dynasty Warrior games on hard and failed so miserably. I thought I was getting too old. Then I got on okay with TLoU so I just blame Dynasty Warriors :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Then play a different difficulty?

Noob.

This noob finished it on Survivor, bitch! :p

Scarce ammo is fine but I found the lack of supplies on Survivor irritating. Being able to fashion a bomb or shiv every now and then is a good thing and I felt they got the balance wrong on Survivor. There is virtually no supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The remastered version has inevitably leaked into the wild, so some details

All leaves and foliage are “gorgeously rendered.”
    Character models are highly polished and better than the original, especially Joel’s beard.
    When you turn on the flashlight the sound comes out of the DualShock 4′s Speaker.
    You activate crafting with the touch pad.
    When you’re almost dead the DualShock 4′s light becomes red.
    There are no very visible jaggies.
    The game takes a full whopping 50 gigabytes of hard drive space.
    It takes 55 seconds to install the game before you can start playing.

Theres also a day one patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cloud493 wrote: »
    The remastered version has inevitably leaked into the wild, so some details

All leaves and foliage are “gorgeously rendered.”
    Character models are highly polished and better than the original, especially Joel’s beard.
    When you turn on the flashlight the sound comes out of the DualShock 4′s Speaker.
    You activate crafting with the touch pad.
    When you’re almost dead the DualShock 4′s light becomes red.
    There are no very visible jaggies.
    The game takes a full whopping 50 gigabytes of hard drive space.
    It takes 55 seconds to install the game before you can start playing.

Theres also a day one patch.

It's going to look truly glorious now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's going to look truly glorious now.

John Marston and Joel beard match. Lol.

Advertisement