Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    The remastered version has inevitably leaked into the wild, so some details

All leaves and foliage are “gorgeously rendered.”
    Character models are highly polished and better than the original, especially Joel’s beard.
    When you turn on the flashlight the sound comes out of the DualShock 4′s Speaker.
    You activate crafting with the touch pad.
    When you’re almost dead the DualShock 4′s light becomes red.
    There are no very visible jaggies.
    The game takes a full whopping 50 gigabytes of hard drive space.
    It takes 55 seconds to install the game before you can start playing.

Theres also a day one patch.

Seriously.. after I played Killzone Shadow fall, all I wanted was the touchpad to be used like that.

And the speakers for those cassette tapes etc.. which they will be! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Never played this on ps3 so cannot wait to get it on ps4, reading this thread is making me more impatient now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I get that this was always going to be held back cause it was PS3 only unliike the tomb raider reboot which was done for PC MAX aswell

but I am kinda bumed theres no extra visual flares like laras hair in tomb raider it instantly stood out and other effects that were added to TR in the forest areas and such
    I cant wait to play it again though on my ps4 but I may hold off till the price drops abit now I know its a stupid thing to say about the hair LOL maybe i will feel better after seeing more gameplay and more pics

with TR it was instantly different looking but with this game it looks similer but in 1080p part of the problem is probley the PS3 version was very good looking anyways much better looking that the PS3 version of TR imo

come release day I may not have the patience to wait for a price drop because I absolutely love this game
    story,characters,monsters,art,music,violence,voice acting it was a perfect 10 in alot of areas for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

wonder how much the shops are gonna be selling this for since its 44 on the PSN shops are usually lower hope its 40

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

never played this before, i just finished watching its gameplay on youtube, makes me excited to grab a copy of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This could be cool, a threatrical performance will be streamed online.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Cast and crew from Naughty Dog's smash-hit survival adventure The Last of Us will reunite next week for a special theatrical show.

The Last of Us: One Night Live will feature Troy Baker (Joel), Ashley Johnson (Ellie), Merle Dandridge (Marlene), Hana Hayes (Sarah) and Annie Wersching (Tess) under direction from Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann.

Oscar-winning composer Gustavo Santaolalla will also perform parts of his score for the game.

The event is being held at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica on Monday, 28th July, to tie in with the upcoming launch of The Last of Us Remastered for PlayStation 4.

Can't make it out there? No worries - and tickets have sold out anyway. You'll still be able to watch the performance live via Twitch, YouTube or PlayStation Network.

The action starts at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern - or at 3am BST here back in the UK.

From Eurogamer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

cloud493 wrote: »
    The game takes a full whopping 50 gigabytes of hard drive space.

Sorry if this seems a silly /clueless question, I am getting the PS4 with this game bundle next week on release having been an xbox man on last gen, when you say it requires 50gb of hard drive space is that in to save a game or a system upgrade to play the game, is it something that could be deleted after playing? Does the 500gb harddrive fill up pretty quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry if this seems a silly /clueless question, I am getting the PS4 with this game bundle next week on release having been an xbox man on last gen, when you say it requires 50gb of hard drive space is that in to save a game or a system upgrade to play the game, is it something that could be deleted after playing? Does the 500gb harddrive fill up pretty quickly?

It installs 50GB onto the hard drive to make sure the game runs smoothly. You can delete it when you've completed the game, and even if you put in the disk months later, it'll simply re-install the 50GB and all your progress will be still be there. It's separate from a save file.

Most games have some sort of install requirement these days, but it's easy to delete as required if you're not playing the game, and 50GB for TLOU is definitely a lot higher than the installs for most other games. I've had a good few games on PS4 at this stage and haven't necessarily needed to delete any for space, though I have deleted some as they kept automatically downloading updates for games I'd traded in and no longer had.

The only other thing to consider is if you're buying TLOU online from the PS Store, that would add to the space it takes up on your hard drive. I don't know the specs on it though, maybe someone else can advise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The game installs onto the HD.
    It can be deleted after playing.
    If all games were 50GB, you would only get about 8 games onto your 500GB HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks lads, prob off topic, do ye know if you buy the ps4 bundles if you geta hardcopy of the game or justa voucher to downlaod? Cheers all. Cant wait to get it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fairly sure its a hard copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

This game has been hyped up so much that I have completely shut myself off from it while I wait for it come out on ps4. I didn't want influence from any outside source so I can go buy the game with virtually zero expectations (I don't even know what I'll be killing/doing) and hopefully let it be every bit as wonderful as I've heard many people say it is. Can't fricking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Here is an article on the multiplayer on the ps4 version

TLOU MP

Maybe I'm missing it in the article but the two images they show aren't from any maps I know so it looks like there could be 2 new mp maps.

Either way, it'll be nice to have all the maps in one playlist now instead of separate ones for DLC 1 and 2.

• Gandalph wrote: »
    This game has been hyped up so much that I have completely shut myself off from it while I wait for it come out on ps4. I didn't want influence from any outside source so I can go buy the game with virtually zero expectations (I don't even know what I'll be killing/doing) and hopefully let it be every bit as wonderful as I've heard many people say it is. Can't fricking wait!
    I envy you. I wish I could erase it from my memory and play again.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Here is an article on the multiplayer on the ps4 version

TLOU MP

Maybe I'm missing it in the article but the two images they show aren't from any maps I know so it looks like there could be 2 new mp maps.

Either way, it'll be nice to have all the maps in one playlist now instead of separate ones for DLC 1 and 2.

That's great news. More variety added to the playlists and potential for better connections due to player availability.

• grounded mode aka frustration aka broken controller mode
    If it's your first time playing..Do not play on anything less than Hard...I repeat.... Do not play the game on anything less than hard.

Preferably survivor for the best experience first time round in my opinion.

The difficulty is always fair it's never cheap.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    If it's your first time playing..Do not play on anything less than Hard...I repeat.... Do not play the game on anything less than hard.

Preferably survivor for the best experience first time round in my opinion.

The difficulty is always fair it's never cheap.

Will be my first time playing, do you honestly recommend playing on hard or am i in for a major whooping by playing on hard first time? Lol

• Will be my first time playing, do you honestly recommend playing on hard or am i in for a major whooping by playing on hard first time? Lol
    No honestly you are not, there is nothing frustrating about replaying a section again if you do die. Death can be instant but section replay is also instant, there's no wait period. And if you die it's nearly always your fault. It's never cheap.

Hard on first play-through gets a good balance between challenge and also giving you just enough supplies to provide good variety in the combat.

Kirby was suggesting that there is not enough of supplies on higher difficulty.

I don't agree, the game adjusts slightly to the way you play. If you tend to use guns instead of melee or sneak combat you will still collect just enough ammo from downed enemies.

It's a game about survival, you will get better satisfaction by using that one crafted item you had left to get you out of a near death situation.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No honestly you are not, there is nothing frustrating about replaying a section again if you do die. Death can be instant but section replay is also instant, there's no wait period. And if you die it's nearly always your fault. It's never cheap.

Hard on first play-through gets a good balance between challenge and also giving you just enough supplies to provide good variety in the combat.

Kirby was suggesting that there is not enough of supplies on higher difficulty.

I don't agree, the game adjusts slightly to the way you play. If you tend to use guns instead of melee or sneak combat you will still collect just enough ammo from downed enemies.

It's a game about survival, you will get better satisfaction by using that one crafted item you had left to get you out of a near death situation.

Sounds good man, il give it a bash at a higher difficulty first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

THIS BETTER BE WORTH OWNING A PS4 SPOON.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Will be my first time playing, do you honestly recommend playing on hard or am i in for a major whooping by playing on hard first time? Lol

I would also recommend you do your first play through on hard, if you want the best experience that is. Its not hard at all really, I just think it plays the way the developers intended at that setting. Anything lower than hard is a dis-service to the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Play it on whatever difficulty you want. Hard was a pain in the arse for me and I really didn't find the combat satisfying. Replaying sections was annoying. Normal was a better fit for me. Whatever suits yourself, go for it. You can change difficulty mid game so might be worth seeing how you get on in hard first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hard would be a good starting point. The game is easy when you click to how the mechanics work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

THIS BETTER BE WORTH OWNING A PS4 SPOON.... ;)

You have a PS4 spoon?

Where would one get one of those?

:P

Hmv in dundrum had it displayed as july 29th release, i thought it wasnt out in ireland til the 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fieldog wrote: »
    You have a PS4 spoon?

Where would one get one of those?

:P

And here I am eating my cereal with a normal spoon like a chump.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hmv in dundrum had it displayed as july 29th release, i thought it wasnt out in ireland til the 1st?

29th is the US release, probably a mistake.

F1ngers wrote: »
    29th is the US release, probably a mistake.

Damn was getting my hopes up as birthday is 28th haha

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Play it on whatever difficulty you want. Hard was a pain in the arse for me and I really didn't find the combat satisfying. Replaying sections was annoying. Normal was a better fit for me. Whatever suits yourself, go for it. You can change difficulty mid game so might be worth seeing how you get on in hard first.

Don't agree. He will regret playing on normal. Everyone I know who played it on normal wished they had not. Towards the later half of the game supplies are too common and thus the tension was eliminated. This is the opinion of the majority of players I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I kinda wanna chance my arm and see if I can get the game before the 1st :pac:

Advertisement