Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't agree. He will regret playing on normal. Everyone I know who played it on normal wished they had not. Towards the later half of the game supplies are too common and thus the tension was eliminated. This is the opinion of the majority of players I know.

I don't regret playing it on normal but then I'll hold my hands up and say I''m not the most proficient at playing games. I wanted a first run-through to complete the whole story and I intend to play through again on hard. Like Retr0gamer said though, if you start on hard and you find it a pain in the arse, you can change it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't regret playing it on normal but then I'll hold my hands up and say I''m not the most proficient at playing games. I wanted a first run-through to complete the whole story and I intend to play through again on hard. Like Retr0gamer said though, if you start on hard and you find it a pain in the arse, you can change it.

Well it will depend on how well you get on with the combat. I didn't find the combat that great so it kind of got in the way when I had to replay a lot on hard. That and I've already too many game to get through to spend too long on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I was unsure of whether or not to get this again but think I will as I did play it on Normal first time around and agree that while supplies weren't exactly falling out of every cupboard, clever management of your supplies did make the later parts of the game too easy, particularly throwing a brick/bottle to group loads of enemies and then hurling in a bomb.

Might try on the hardest available difficulty this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its real annoying on normal I think. I mean fair enough, if you want a difficulty setting where you can shoot your way out of situations, thats fine, but thats not what I was looking for, so it wasn't till I played on hard I got the last of us, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I tend to always do my first play through on normal because, in general, games are designed around normal difficulty. If I'm arsed to replay it then I'll ramp up the difficulty. Playing on normal usually means you'll avoid having to replay sections too often or spend an inordinate amount of time progressing through a section, allowing the game to flow with the intended pacing. Your mileage may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I tend to always do my first play through on normal because, in general, games are designed around normal difficulty. If I'm arsed to replay it then I'll ramp up the difficulty. Playing on normal usually means you'll avoid having to replay sections too often or spend an inordinate amount of time progressing through a section, allowing the game to flow with the intended pacing. Your mileage may vary.

I don't think that's the case any more. Seems to me that most games today are designed with hard being the difficulty setting the developers intend you to play on for the full experience. Normal is easy, and easy is piss easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

mick you noob my back is sore from carrying you in games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Going to pick up the PS4 bundle with this game on release next week, actually cant wait! Good decision on game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Going to pick up the PS4 bundle with this game on release next week, actually cant wait! Good decision on game?

Did you actually ask this? :p

If you've never played it before it's the best game out on both consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Did you actually ask this? :p

If you've never played it before it's the best game out on both consoles

nah never played it, was an xbox man on the last gen consoles, roll on the 1st ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't think that's the case any more. Seems to me that most games today are designed with hard being the difficulty setting the developers intend you to play on for the full experience. Normal is easy, and easy is piss easy.

Completely agree with this.

The only game I slightly regret (and only slightly as I still love it) picking hard on was Persona 4 Golden... which is an update of Persona 4 from 10 years ago. That may explain it.

nah never played it, was an xbox man on the last gen consoles, roll on the 1st ha

More than likely you'll absolutely love it, then. It's my favourite game. So much so I'm gonna rebuy it for PS4 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tok9 wrote: »
    Completely agree with this.

The only game I slightly regret (and only slightly as I still love it) picking hard on was Persona 4 Golden... which is an update of Persona 4 from 10 years ago. That may explain it.

I don't really want to get into an argument about this, it doesn't really matter. But the fact that you guys find normal too easy doesn't change how developers operate. Blockbuster games aren't made with hardcore gamers in mind, they're directed at the majority of the market.

Developers have no incentive to try to make their games harder, particularly story driven games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i think a lot of new peops that are pumped to play this will overhype it in there heads and be all "meh what was all the fuss about"
    because a game can never live up to the hype us PS3ers have been in love with this for a whole year now.

hope im wrong hope everybody loves it but I can easy see people being like that towards this game when it hits next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

wheres cheapest online for this ? anyone know

biggebruv wrote: »
    wheres cheapest online for this ? anyone know

Playstation store for €45.

You can get it off amazon for more or less the same, but you'll be a few days waiting on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Pre-ordered it just now, hopefully will arrive on day of release, excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone know if the DLC is on the disk or redeemable code?

• Anyone know if the DLC is on the disk or redeemable code?
    All on disk!! :)

On the disc.

• Advertisement

All on disk!! :)
    you better hope i dont regret the ps4 for this simi

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Someone has posted the PS4 version walkthrough on YT already. It's looking nice!! Can't wait!

• you better hope i dont regret the ps4 for this simi
    LOL you'd swear I put the money in your hand and forced you to hand it over to the lad on adverts :pac:

LOL you'd swear I put the money in your hand and forced you to hand it over to the lad on adverts :pac:
    you did you big athlone bolleeeeks ;)

• I don't really want to get into an argument about this, it doesn't really matter. But the fact that you guys find normal too easy doesn't change how developers operate. Blockbuster games aren't made with hardcore gamers in mind, they're directed at the majority of the market.

Developers have no incentive to try to make their games harder, particularly story driven games.

There is a debate here, but it's nothing got to do with 'hardcore gamers'.
    I have stated already the game was a much better experience played on Hard and not Normal and this is collective from all of my friends who have completed it and most of them are very casual gamers.

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    And here I am eating my cereal with a normal spoon like a chump.
    He's referring to my xbox gamertag :P

He's referring to my xbox gamertag :P
    do not tell lies mick we all know you are my little spoon :D

Photo%2024-07-14%2C%2012%2046%2007.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Will it be out Tuesday or Friday next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone try to order via gamestop UK. I tried using my parcel motel address, but I am getting nowhere!

Edit: fake phone number and purchase via paypal seems to work!

Advertisement