Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will it be out Tuesday or Friday next week?

Yes.
    In the US it's out on tuesday.
    In EU it's out on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone try to order via gamestop UK. I tried using my parcel motel address, but I am getting nowhere!
    GameStop UK block parcel motel, it clearly states in their t&c's that they wont ship to reshipping services. The crap thing is we can't order from GameStop UK as they don't ship to Ireland, but they can order from GameStop Ireland as they will ship to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    In the US it's out on tuesday.
    In EU it's out on friday.
    hmm so if we buy it on us store we can get it on tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

GameStop UK block parcel motel, it clearly states in their t&c's that they wont ship to reshipping services. The crap thing is we can't order from GameStop UK as they don't ship to Ireland, but they can order from GameStop Ireland as they will ship to the UK

Thanks for that. The transaction is still pending so, it should cancel soon enough.

Seems like the best price for a physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hmm so if we buy it on us store we can get it on tuesday?

I'd say so, do you not like boxes though Dark Knight?

:)

I have mine payed off and everything, can't wait for it....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd say so, do you not like boxes though Dark Knight?

:)

I have mine payed off and everything, can't wait for it....
    im really looking forward to it tbh i have not played it on ps3 so it is new and shiny to me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The gamestop UK price was too good to turn down since I'm living in London.

Just hope I get it on time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

im really looking forward to it tbh i have not played it on ps3 so it is new and shiny to me!!!!

You lucky lucky b*****d......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On the fence about this but since I never played the dlc or much of the multiplayer, I'm gonna give it a go. Will only cost 14 quid with trading another game. Think I'll play the dlc first then the main on grounded for the lols.

They'll be showing off the new MP maps on their twitch stream at 7:30.

Link here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looking at pictures of it and it doesn't look much different. The high res textures are nice but the lighting engine really looks amazing. I'm always amazed how much a new lighting engine can change a games looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It actually is quite confusing. Everywhere seems to have a different date for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

cloud493 wrote: »
    It actually is quite confusing. Everywhere seems to have a different date for it.

Im hoping for 29th haha wishful thinking but gotta have hope since hmv say that date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

cloud493 wrote: »

Im hoping for 29th haha wishful thinking but gotta have hope since hmv say that date!

the mick lad better be getting more gametime from his missus.....

sort it out mick grounded here we come

According to neogaf players who already have it, silky smooth 60 FPS, looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm guessing it's going to look better than Destiny, and Destiny looks pretty sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Anyone here get it early or know where to get it early?

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Anyone here get it early or know where to get it early?

I'd say once somewhere breaks street date they all will, its been streamed on PSN tonight as is -

It's different in the sense that it's a game that everyone knows and most have probably have played already - it's not a new IP either so I hope they break street date if the shops all have stock by now....

Street date breaking is done in a lot of indie high street stores in the UK, not so much over here as we have the usual GS, Xtravision, Smyth's etc monopoly and feck all indie shops....

I could be wrong though and they could stand firm...

(Hope not!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'd say once somewhere breaks street date they all will, its been streamed on PSN tonight as is -

It's different in the sense that it's a game that everyone knows and most have probably have played already - it's not a new IP either so I hope they break street date if the shops all have stock by now....

Street date breaking is done in a lot of indie high street stores in the UK, not so much over here as we have the usual GS, Xtravision, Smyth's etc monopoly and feck all indie shops....

I could be wrong though and they could stand firm...

(Hope not!)

Heading into town tomorrow and I'd love if I could trade in my PS3 version for it

• Advertisement

Doubt you'd get it tomorrow. maybe Tuesday/wednesday if your lucky.

I'm just hoping a lot more people will be interested in playing the MP.

Would love to get a good private match going between a few of us.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping a lot more people will be interested in playing the MP.

Would love to get a good private match going between a few of us.

I've actually never played the multiplayer....

(!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I've actually never played the multiplayer....

(!)

:eek:

Aw man, the new DLC will add The Gif gesture so you can mimic the Banderas gif in MP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I want that Platinum so plenty of online will be played on my part. Is it the same amount of players as the PS3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm really looking forward to getting back into the multiplayer. Had gone off multiplayer in general for a year or two but Last of Us pulled me right back in. Fantastic multiplayer. Broke the habit when I moved and was without internet for a few weeks, so haven't played in just under a year. Looking forward to trying the other modes.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man, the new DLC will add The Gif gesture so you can mimic the Banderas gif in MP :pac:

If this is true I will play the multiplayer for that alone.... ;-)

Klair88 wrote: »
    I want that Platinum so plenty of online will be played on my part. Is it the same amount of players as the PS3 version?

Yes, it's 4 v 4.

I'm going to make the assumption that the 2 new maps are free for season pass holders. Otherwise they've really screwed over the people who are double dipping.

• Advertisement

Just preordered Day 1 edition in Xtravision (extra 30% trade in credit for July came in handy!) They said it is out Tuesday 29th, sweet!

Advertisement