Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just got confirmation that my copy has been posted.
    Not getting excited, will probably get lost.

Really want the platinum but the MP put me off as I almost had it and then lost everything trying to do a stupid challenge.

Also found the hardest level quite stressful on singleplayer. It's not impossible but found it quite depressing searching everywhere for stuff and ending up with a small box of bullets and a glass bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just preordered Day 1 edition in Xtravision (extra 30% trade in credit for July came in handy!) They said it is out Tuesday 29th, sweet!

waaaaaaa really so its coming out on tuesday then

how much is it in XV btw?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

biggebruv wrote: »
    waaaaaaa really so its coming out on tuesday then

how much is it in XV btw?

€49.99 on their website.
    PS3 version is €54.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'd love it if I got on tuesday, I'm just healthily skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

F1ngers wrote: »
    €49.99 on their website.
    PS3 version is €54.99.

was hoping shops would be selling it for 40 since its 45 on PSN

PSN always the dearest price for every other game ahwell

I traded in my PS3 copy when this was annouced and got 25 cash from CEX so it will only cost me 25 next week or I might hold off till its reduced abit get it for 20

I know the game its improved in 1080p and 60fps but I guess I was hoping for more added stuff graphics wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp 50 quid in XV. You have to choose standard edition or day 1 edition but both the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just preordered Day 1 edition in Xtravision (extra 30% trade in credit for July came in handy!) They said it is out Tuesday 29th, sweet!

Unless they're breaking the release date by three days it won't be. 29th is US release, Europe is still 1st August everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/25/5937609/the-last-of-us-movie-announced

She would be a good choice for a film, but who would be Joel?

It has the potential to be an amazing or a sh1te film, could go either way....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Fieldog wrote: »

I'm still disappointed it's following the exact same storyline as the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It's gonna be shít. All movies based on games are. The uncharted film will be crap also. They're already like a film/game hybrid as is, I don't see how a film based on them is gonna capture the feel and tone of the games at all.

• Advertisement

• Sneaky news today on the fps lock: Its now been revealed that if you lock the game at 30fps the shadows and lighting have been boosted but if you remove the fps lock then this is stripped back.

Last week they stated that the 30 fps was for purists only...hmmm

It seems to me that they attempted the improved lighting with the lock off but could not find the stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

To be honest on a game like TLOU I wouldn't be concerned about 30fps as it's a slow paced game. And I'm a fps whore who requires at a minimum 100fps in BF4 etc but I was happy with TLOU on PS3 so not too worried about it on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jon Hamm would be a great Joel, and would help give the film a boost past just being a video game film.

The amount of people streaming this :eek: big leak so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sneaky news today on the fps lock: Its now been revealed that if you lock the game at 30fps the shadows and lighting have been boosted but if you remove the fps lock then this is stripped back.

Last week they stated that the 30 fps was for purists only...hmmm

It seems to me that they attempted the improved lighting with the lock off but could not find the stability.

It's already a good looking game. I wouldn't mind seeing a comparison between the 30fps and 60fps but I'll definitely be playing it at 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Penn wrote: »
    Jon Hamm would be a great Joel, and would help give the film a boost past just being a video game film.

I've thought about it a good bit and for me I'd be happy with any of Josh Brolin, Guy Pearce or Hugh Jackman.

I'd hate if hugh jackman got it. Would be great if troy Baker could just get made up to look like joel. Brolin would probably be ok. Interesting how naughty dog wants to change the ending for the film but raimi wants to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm still disappointed it's following the exact same storyline as the game.

Why? the problem with EVERY single game to movie film is that they change the story.

So with this game to movie i would prefer if they didnt change anything at all (for once), the story is perfect as is, the whole purpose of bringing it to the big screen is for it to touch people who dont play games (not to appease our sole expectancy). The fact that the creative director from naughty dog whos writing the script, wanted to change the ending, is just total face palm to me, the ending is what made this games story near perfect, and to want to change that is just total stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

nix wrote: »
    Why? the problem with EVERY single game to movie film is that they change the story.

So with this game to movie i would prefer if they didnt change anything at all (for once), the story is perfect as is, the whole purpose of bringing it to the big screen is for it to touch people who dont play games (not to appease our sole expectancy). The fact that the creative director from naughty dog whos writing the script, wanted to change the ending, is just total face palm to me, the ending is what made this games story near perfect, and to want to change that is just total stupid.

I understand that, I'm just being selfish and want to hear a different story from the same world, or about the same characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I understand that, I'm just being selfish and want to hear a different story from the same world, or about the same characters.

That can wait for the sequel. ;)

Personally I'd love them to leave the story exactly as is, because it would probably work very well. As above, the problem with most video game movies to date is that they have changed the characters and story almost beyond recognition. See Resident Evil, for example.

• Advertisement

See Resident Evil, for example.

No thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ideally the film would be 10 hours long. Baker and Johnson would play the leads and it would be basically a live action of the entire game. In reality it'll be 90-100 mins max I'd say. They're gonna have a LOT of trouble building the tension and the relationship from the game in such a short period of time too. It was a real slow burning candle in the game. The purists, indeed, most who played the game, will likely be feeling disappointed at the film I'd imagine. No matter how good they adapt it there's simply not a lot they can do with the restraints of putting it on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Maisie Williams should be a great Ellie if her performances in GOT are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

For some reason Ellie always reminded me of Ellen Page out of X-Men 2 with the promo posters. At first I actually thought she was doing the voiceover and they modelled the character after her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Blazer wrote: »
    For some reason Ellie always reminded me of Ellen Page out of X-Men 2 with the promo posters. At first I actually thought she was doing the voiceover and they modelled the character after her

If I remember correctly the original look of Ellie was even more similar to Ellen Page. But they changed the character model when it was announced that Ellen Page was starring in Beyond Two Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If I remember correctly the original look of Ellie was even more similar to Ellen Page. But they changed the character model when it was announced that Ellen Page was starring in Beyond Two Souls.

And Ellen Page had a mickeyfit with her likeness being used....

:)

Last of us in argos for €78.49 : O

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Last of us in argos for €78.49 :O
    ??????

Wouldn't surprise me. Sure its 67 in little woods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Last of us in argos for €78.49 : O

What do you expect when they are currently selling the PS4 for €470

Advertisement