Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Application

Options
  • 13-12-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hopefully someone can help me. I have the form for the Garda Reserve filled in and about to send it away but just was on this and spotted that if you work in a hotel that you can't join.:rolleyes: Somehow i think this is false but not too sure. I would be devasted if it was true as i have worked in a hotel for four years throughout school and up to the present. I think that that person meant bar staff as i only do waitressing and never did bar work. Help!!! :(:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 collig2

As far as I know it may only be an issue if you were working in the bar.

I also worked in a bar and am currently in phase 4 of the recruitment process. I asked one of the full-timers I was on duty with, passively one night, and he said that its a common misconception that members cant work in bars, but that they are just not allowed to hold a liquor licence. So from what I gather, just as long as you don't actually own the bar licence you should be fine. As well, seeing as you wont be a sworn in member for sometime, and if you were hypothetically working behind the bar serving booze, you could remain doing so until the day you are sworn in (phase 5). Correct me if I am in anyway wrong here lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AN SEANDUINE

You are correct Collig2,the actual owner of the licence to sell Alcoholic beverages is not permitted to be a member of AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 summer_2011

Thanx for that,i was thinking that had to be wrong..how long after you sent your form away were you waiting for a reply Collig2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

It depends on when the next batch of interviews are....I was waiting just over three months. Currently waiting on the phone call/letter to let me know if I was successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 summer_2011

Oh thats not too bad King Ludvig I'v heard people that were waiting longer,hopefully i wont be waiting long. Is it long since u have done your Interview/medical?

• Advertisement
Advertisement