Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volumising mascara that doesn't clump

• 13-12-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Need a new mascara, can anyone recommend one? I haven't bought a mascara in ages that I used and thought "Wow my lashes look great" :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Hi, I really recommend the Lancome Hypnose Drama (I think that's what it's called?), it's expensive (E25.50) but it's seriously good, doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and gives good length and great volume! I don't have brilliant lashes naturally but this mascara makes them look great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'll second that. I have it on my xmas list this year. Debenhams are dooing an offer at the moment, box set is €22.95, has the full size mascara, a mini black pencil and mini bottle of eye make up remover. It's the same price to buy as the mascara on it's own at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'll second that. I have it on my xmas list this year. Debenhams are dooing an offer at the moment, box set is €22.95, has the full size mascara, a mini black pencil and mini bottle of eye make up remover. It's the same price to buy as the mascara on it's own at the moment.

Is this on their website? Can't find it!

I find l'oreal's telescopic mascara to be brilliant!

I just discovered it lately & find it really good, gives you great volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

No.7 Exceptional Definition - gives more definition than volume though
    No.7 Lash Adapt
    Elizabeth Arden Double Intensity
    Lancôme Hypnose
    YSL Fau Cils - my gripe with this is, it flakes after a couple of weeks. Fab mascara, but not worth the €20 because of the flaking.

DiorShow Blackout looks to be fab as well. I've never used it though.

I came across some swatches/photos of it recently, I can't find them at the moment, but here are some other ones!

http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/2011/01/diorshow-diorshow-blackout-mascara.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i love ysl faux cils as well, but it does seem to dry out quickly. another fave is estee lauders double wear in blacker black, its lovely

Jwacqui, I can't see it on the website at the moment, but I got it in Debenhams in Limerick last Monday, and the Limerick store isn't the best, so if they had it there, I'm sure you'll be able to get it in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Is this on their website? Can't find it!
    Jwacqui, I can't see it on the website at the moment, but I got it in Debenhams in Limerick last Monday, and the Limerick store isn't the best, so if they had it there, I'm sure you'll be able to get it in Dublin.

Is this the mascara set? If it's any use, there a few shops in Mullingar that have it so it shouldn't be too hard to track down.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?parentCategoryId=59001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=132108&langId=-1&productId=151174&storeName=Debenhams.ie&storeId=10052

That's the one Purple Bobbin. Wow, €17! No wonder it's out of stock. I paid €22.95 for it the other day and though that wasn't too bad. €17 is a bargain, given that most of the No 7 ones cost that and more and even L'Oreal and Maybelline aren't too far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Damn got excited there!! Out of stock... Noooooo!!!

I have a sample size of hypnose and it's fab! Has lasted months and not dryed out at all!

I own too many mascaras! Have at least 6 in my make up bag! :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

As far as I know that set is in Boots too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

What price is it in boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I currently use the no 7 lash adapt and find it fab. You can really use many coats and it does not clump. I love this cos I can vary the look from natural to 'going out' as needed. Great value! I always stock up on this mascara when boots do the 7.50euro vouchers so get it for about 12euro.:)

Also, Boots in Liffey Valley stock Lancome if that helps anyone trying to buy the boxed gift set for 23euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

Hi does anyone know how the lancome hypnose mascara compares to the benefit they're real mascara? was going to buy the benefit for a friend but now after seeing the good reviews for lancome mascara I'm kind stuck between the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Maybelline Volum' Express One by One...best mascara I have ever used. Seriously. I've used all the expensive ones (Diorshow,Hypnose,that new Benefit one etc..) and this is by far the best. My lashes are quite fine and there are not many of them...but now they look amazing.

Pity about the naff pink packaging though.

DSC04926.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Bought hypnose today! was stuck between original and dolll eyes (I have long lashes anyways, they go up not out, get asked regularly if they're real). Ended up buying the original one.

Which should I have gone for? Can probably return it tomorrow if I don't open it and the doll eyes is better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xxxxaisling

Lancome hypnose mascara. AMAZING.
    The only one worth buying.
    Also Kate middletons fav,
    Thant is all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion

max-factor-false-lash-effect-fusion-mascara-zwart.jpg

It's around €13 a tube. I used to spend twice that on mascaras, but this is by FAR the best I've ever used. I'm a sucker for getting excited by mascara ads, but honestly, this one lives up to the hype. I have loads of my friends using it too and they love it. I have long enough eyelashes but they're pretty straight. if I put on layers of this mascara (letting it dry slightly in between layers) they curl right up and I've had numerous people ask me what Falsies I'm wearing because they look so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I am also a fan of the Lancome Hypnose mascara. I received it as a present this Christmas. I wore it Christmas day and my mum even commented how long my lashes were when i wore it. I've tried many, many brands of mascara but this was the first time she had commented on my luscious lashes!:)

Advertisement