Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmv.com

Options
  • 13-12-2011 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Never Ever shop on-line with Hmv .com .Total waste of your time and energy .They take your money and dont deliver the goods !!!!!!!!!!Customer service Non-existent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!I cant afford to loose 260 euros and I would not wish anyone else to at this time of the year !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Yeah I posted this in your other thread, but like many others will ask, what exactly did you order/do to possibly loose €260 and not have them reimburse you? Whats the problem with HMV your having? We cant really help you unless you give some more info on the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you provide some more information? Right now, no one on this forum can help you due to the lack of details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I used to shop all the time at HMV online for years, but i was sent a damaged DVD Boxset, i had to send it back, i included the receipt the P+P cost me, it came to about €9, they only refunded me €3 stating that that's all they were allowed to refund.

I then switched to Zavvi online, i have not looked back since.

Zavvi have a unique feature, where you click a link and all the prices on there site turns to Euros, I find theres nothing worse than having to work out pounds to euros for every item im thinking of buying on HMV.

HMV charges £2.50 on every item thats nearly €3.00. Zavvi only charge me €1.20

I also find a huge difference in pricing. And as an added bonus Zavvi excepts PayPal. I always get my order within 5 working days, except holidays of course.

There Customer Service could do with a revamp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I used to shop all the time at HMV online for years, but i was sent a damaged DVD Boxset, i had to send it back, i included the receipt the P+P cost me, it came to about €9, they only refunded me €3 stating that that's all they were allowed to refund.

I then switched to Zavvi online, i have not looked back since.

Zavvi have a unique feature, where you click a link and all the prices on there site turns to Euros, I find theres nothing worse than having to work out pounds to euros for every item im thinking of buying on HMV.

HMV charges £2.50 on every item thats nearly €3.00. Zavvi only charge me €1.20

I also find a huge difference in pricing. And as an added bonus Zavvi excepts PayPal. I always get my order within 5 working days, except holidays of course.

There Customer Service could do with a revamp.
    Thats what www.xe.com is for. Also it works out cheaper shopping in pounds than in their over inflated euro conversion. I've saved loads doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cromabu

Thanks ! Eventually today after several calls to U.K again !! A Supervisor has agreed to refund but I have to wait 48hrs for the paperwork !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,418 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Careful ordering from these Jersey sites (the tax havens)

They don't ship from the UK so always liable for customs.

Advertisement