Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Early access

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hopefully they'll go out every hour or so. Wish they'd at least give us an idea of how long the gap is between waves is so if it's more than an hour people can go off and do other stuff.

Also still no sign of server forums, really can't understand how they're missing from the revamped forums.

Maybe they'll go up after confirmed server amounts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The server status page isn't showing the EU ones correctly yet, they're marked with NA (under timezone) in the official server list

It is the EU Basilisk Droid. They aren't using the same names for EU and US, that I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not to be a dick about it but I doubt the guys running the guild want the details all over boards, I dont think its a mass invite all your mates guild tbh

I'm not in ATT for SWtor (although most of ATT are playing in the guild im in)

I thought people wanted to try get everyone together so we could form some sort of community or something? Your guild doesn't want people knowing what server you're playing on? Honestly no offense, but I think that's rather lame/elitist tbh, and I'd rather not waste my time with you guys in that case.

Thats exactly what I hated about warcraft. Because you're new to the game people assume you dont have the capacity to learn how to fight a boss or win a 2v2.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Isn't there at least 1 of the servers located in Ireland?
    I bet its Basilisk Droid and its in Dublin would make sense seeing as lots of Irish guilds where placed there and the server being down?

Well its prob hosted on eircom or something and the whole thing fell apart lol

red ice, a lot of people are going for Basilisk Droid once it's up.
    I don't have my access/invite yet (hopefully later today?) but I suspect I'll be going for that server too unless it's population shoots up

I'll be doing a guild for friends and people from Eurogamer I'll be playing with, but anyone that isn't a muppet is welcome to join :)
    Some of the other Irish guilds are on that server so you'll have your pick of guilds there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Isn't there at least 1 of the servers located in Ireland?
    I bet its Basilisk Droid and its in Dublin would make sense seeing as lots of Irish guilds where placed there and the server being down?

Well its prob hosted on eircom or something and the whole thing fell apart lol

All of the EU servers are hosted in Dublin, I presume its taking longer to come up maybe because there's loads of guilds on it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

All the EU servers are hosted in Dublin, and the CSR centre is in Galway, Ireland is the HQ for SWTOR Europe.

@Gummy Panda: I hope so mate, otherwise it's going to make the forums very difficult for the community.

There all in Dublin?! :O Oh im well impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

red_ice wrote: »
    I thought people wanted to try get everyone together so we could form some sort of community or something? Your guild doesn't want people knowing what server you're playing on? Honestly no offense, but I think that's rather lame/elitist tbh, and I'd rather not waste my time with you guys in that case.

Thats exactly what I hated about warcraft. Because you're new to the game people assume you dont have the capacity to learn how to fight a boss or win a 2v2.

O i posted where we are playing, Tomb server, its just you post information on boards and people assume " o we are irish we can join"

There was like three guys in Erin Go Bragh that paid 50 quid for faction and server change in wow and just whispered me for the inv to ATT.

I'm all for a bit of community but like, aslong as people arnt going to be mass spamming for invites and calling us dicks for not inviting : /

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

O i posted where we are playing, Tomb server, its just you post information on boards and people assume " o we are irish we can join"

There was like three guys in Erin Go Bragh that paid 50 quid for faction and server change in wow and just whispered me for the inv to ATT.

I'm all for a bit of community but like, aslong as people arnt going to be mass spamming for invites and calling us dicks for not inviting : /

inv plx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

red_ice wrote: »

I think there are stilll going to be a good few of us on Basilisk Droid, so we should have some good craic eitherway. Not sure what is happening with ATT but i think Omphin and Hadur are still going ahead with it and if not well we can work something out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can we keep guild talk to the relevant threads please, this one is for early access.

Ok so do you think they will do more waves of Invites today? Or will it be just the once per day?

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Ok so do you think they will do more waves of Invites today? Or will it be just the once per day?

There will be a few waves :)!

whats the deal with your account information screen changing, its asking for a product code is that the same for everyone?

Yeah, the account page has more options now.

That's where you redeem your full game's code, so you have access from the 20th onwards

koneko wrote: »
    red ice, a lot of people are going for Basilisk Droid once it's up.
    I don't have my access/invite yet (hopefully later today?) but I suspect I'll be going for that server too unless it's population shoots up

Yeh, i think the guild i signed up to was assigned to that server aswell, i just got a little confused when i saw people talking about what i thought was the same guild saying they were moving to another server etc. Everything seemed a little cloak and dagger haha.
    I'll be doing a guild for friends and people from Eurogamer I'll be playing with, but anyone that isn't a muppet is welcome to join :)
    Some of the other Irish guilds are on that server so you'll have your pick of guilds there

Great stuff!!

Ahh, didnt see i that. Yeh, i get that.

I was talking to lee about me moving a toon over a while ago because i have a shammy i wanted to play on a dead ally server. He told me that ATT wouldnt let me in, but there was another guild that is close to them and if I wanted to join them i could. It was like an extention of ATT or something. I didnt move in the end because i had my druid/priest/rogue/dk/pala on a horde server elsewhere.

Thats fair enough. In my CS days I wouldnt take just anyone on and im sure its the same people this game also for you guys. Personally, im only playing this game for PVP. Might get into the pve side of things, but it bores the pants off me. As i said earlier, i assumed you lot were part of the ATT guild i signed up to, then to see you arent giving out server details etc just got my nerve.

Why would you not choose to stay on the same server as everyone else?

cool thanks, ill have to dig it out of origin or emails (hoping i didnt delete it).

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Actually Doc, it was your posting on our EGB thread that spilled the beans and caused people to transfer thinking that the merger i was working on, was a go. People saw YOUR post and jumped the gun.

And i dont know why some of you guys Went off to another server when there was alot of effort to keep the irish community together on the one server, that in itself seems elitest, but its entirely up to you guys if thats the way you wanna do things. As for EGB and ATT we will be on Basilisk Droid Server as planned with the other irish guilds. Sorry for posting this on the early access thread but i felt this needed to be cleared up

Omphin wrote: »
    As for EGB and ATT we will be on Basilisk Droid Server as planned with the other irish guilds. Sorry for posting this on the early access thread but i felt this needed to be cleared up

Defo! I'll have no worries now about servers and can get working on a toon when I get my early access(still on topic!) to my account :pac:

• Advertisement

So the server is up!, i'm playing a trooper character name: Gsx

@SWTOR The Old Republic
    For those asking for an ETA on the next wave of emails. We will let you know here as soon as we send them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

People reporting to be in and only preordered in the last 2 weeks lol.

@SWTOR The Old Republic
    For those asking for an ETA on the next wave of emails. We will let you know here as soon as we send them!

I really hate the way they do that.

There is alot of confusion, and going by the PM's I'm getting about ATT and what is happening.

I don't want to derail this thread but just to get it out there.

The only people that were playing SWTOR from ATT was me and witless. To be totally honest I'm not pushed by the whole " Irish community" thing, I've been treated like dirt from jealous little teens for many a year stemming from the CS scene, so I typically don't get involved. While the mmo community does seem more mature, its still a little reservation I always have.

Out of nowhere witless was talking about merging with Erin Go bragh and playing through swtor. So that sounded ok, but I was looking around at guilds. I enjoy end game raiding, and with ATT our progression was pretty good.

So when alot of the guys from ATT, mostly our core raiding team, decided to take up SWTOR, along with another guild who were a top 25man progression guild, the decision was simple to go play with them.

Whats left is a guild on Empire named ATT where Witless is going to keep it going.

Who knows what will happen, but at the moment "ATT" as the name is raiding Empire, but the mass playerbase is raiding on Tomb with another guild.

From looking at my account it says Erin Go Bragh is the name of an empire guild, so is that going ahead? I'm not aware of an ATT named SWTOR guild unless witless made one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    People reporting to be in and only preordered in the last 2 weeks lol.

Stop getting my hopes up damn you! :o

Kiith wrote: »

I'm more curious how the heck they got invited in unless it was a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiith wrote: »

I'm more curious how the heck they got invited in unless it was a mistake.

Maybe friends and family accounts?

move the offtopics over here

• Advertisement

So is there actually anyone genuinelly in?

Two of the guys here, there launcher let them in, but they got no email, one of them closed out to double check and its gone, the other still in

So there seems to be some bugged launchers, still nothing for me :(

I have got three levels on my shaman and didnt even notice im paying so much attention to my gmail

Advertisement