Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Early access

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

if i was geniunely in wouldnt have time to be posting about it xD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    Like, a 'let more people into the game' sort of reward.
    41 seconds ago

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    Woah! Look at those numbers. 500K huh? Maybe that deserves a reward.
    1 minute ago
    »

Rockjaw Stephen Reid
    Also! We're a couple of hundred away from 500K 'likes' on Facebook! C'mon, you like us, right? on.fb.me/mTpWry

So, another wave inc, by the sounds of it

SWTOR The Old Republic
    The second wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent. As always, check your spam folders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Second wave has been sent, just checked my client and email with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Second wave has been sent, just checked my client and email with no success.

I'm in.. no email yet.. but client allowed me to login..

FYI My preorder code was entered on the second day (22nd).

• Advertisement

Welease wrote: »

Checked the client first, and again just now, still no luck.

When did you get your preorder in Welease?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Welease wrote: »

FYI My preorder code was entered on the second day (22nd).

Mine is the 23rd, fingers crossed I'll be in the next group!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

As I said, i'm in not that many players online i'm level 5 atm playing as trooper char name Gsx :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

bugger it all. I forgot I never got the pre order code the day I went in to book it in gamestop, got it the 25th. Bloody hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nothing for me, but im confident of getting it at some stage haha

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Mine is the 23rd, fingers crossed I'll be in the next group!

Same. Mate of mine preordered on the 25th though which leaves me in a bind.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Got in on the second wave of Access client all ready for when i get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Woohooo, just got the email. Redeemed on 22 july.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Lol i pre-ordered yesterday =[ bought the 5 euro box from smyths. Didnt do it before because i was holding out for Guild wars 2 but that looks as distant as ever.. =[

Any ideas when i should expect to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Lol i pre-ordered yesterday =[ bought the 5 euro box from smyths. Didnt do it before because i was holding out for Guild wars 2 but that looks as distant as ever.. =[

Any ideas when i should expect to get in?

Quite possibly the last few hours before it goes live unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

probably not today Mikey, i'd hazzard to guess day 3-5 of the early access if you've activated the code on the website.

That said, there does seem to be an element of randomness to the selection too with some people who ordered and activated on day 1 not being mailed yet and others who did the same just weeks ago getting their mails.

Someone asked Stephen Reid that the other day (2 days ago IIRC) and he said "at least one day" but didn't elaborate further, so who knows (for now)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Quite possibly the last few hours before it goes live unfortunately.

Everyone will get a few days. I really can't see them not giving at least 2/3 days to anyone who has a pre-order. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of still offering early access.

I'm still hoping to be in by Thursday/Friday.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10630#edit10630
    Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sounds like there'll be a wait till the next wave anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

probably not today Mikey, i'd hazzard to guess day 3-5 of the early access if you've activated the code on the website.

That said, there does seem to be an element of randomness to the selection too with some people who ordered and activated on day 1 not being mailed yet and others who did the same just weeks ago getting their mails.

Im fairly certain they are doing it by location also so they have an even spread of players accross countries and can balance net traffic and the server load.

The pre-order date will probably determine where you are in the queue with others from your country/region.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    Sounds like there'll be a wait till the next wave anyway.
    Bear in mind that the mails for the second wave are still going out though. I got mine less than a minute ago.

Just to clarify, as I'm getting some PM's, I'm not trying to be a dick about anything in relation to where I'm playing and with whom.

There has been a serious lack of communication going on, but in reality I just really havnt been involved in the discussions of this guild merging with that.

I simply didnt factor in other guilds or players when decided where to go play and on what server, the only factor was my friends whom I've been raiding in wow with for a few years at this stage.

But just to clarify, as pointed out in two pms ( where this came from i dont know) but I'm not being an elitist jerk about it, it seems there is some frustration that I didnt post about where I'm playing : /

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

RichieD wrote: »
    Im fairly certain they are doing it by location also so they have an even spread of players accross countries and can balance net traffic and the server load.

The pre-order date will probably determine where you are in the queue with others from your country/region.

I think because we are using the same login servers that they wont be splitting it by location

"Fairly narrow band of dates"

Huh, that gives me hope then I'll be able to get in later today.

Pretty narrow band, it appears by his post pre order codes could be redeemed on july 21st.

Wasnt aware of that, so I'm a few days outside that loop.....

Hopefully in later today, be rather annoyed if I wasnt in fairness, its not like they didnt know how many people to cater for : /

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

The servers are pretty much empty atm, they should let in alot more people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

TheDoc wrote: »
    Pretty narrow band, it appears by his post pre order codes could be redeemed on july 21st.
    Mine was 22nd, but I've a feeling it was just because it was after midnight rather than being actually the next day.

If there was an initial "Peak" and that by tomorrow the dates should start to spread out, I would suspect we will see a lot of people in by Thursday / Friday.

I can't remember what the initial date was (thought it was Friday) but I suspect everyone who has pre ordered will be in by then.

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    Mine was 22nd, but I've a feeling it was just because it was after midnight rather than being actually the next day.

That'd still be 21st US time.

Advertisement