Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Early access

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

"I will say - as I mentioned yesterday - that today the 'timeline' of people who get in will be much, much longer. Beyond July..." - Stephen Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think the wave system is a disaster. Whilst I wouldn't have been able to play much until Thursday night if I did get in, the lack of communication on it has been ridiculous.

They should have given people a rough estimate on when they were being allowed in to play. Stopping at 2,their time, was also a joke.

Even today's message, "Beyond July...". You think they'd have learned from yesterday that vagueness didn't go too well.

I don't mind the straggling of people in to starter zones, but it should have continued on all day, and people should have been told when to expect to play

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No access first wave of today...what...the...****

O **** THE MAILS WERE A FEW MINS LATE AND I GOT IN

BOOM

TheDoc wrote: »
    No access first wave of today...what...the...****

First wave not started yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

mails havent gone out yet have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Should be any minute now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Streaming @ www.twitch.tv/furyio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Many chill pills needed for people. The e-pharmacy will run out of stock at this rate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Driving along and i hear my phone recieving email, pulled in had a quick luck and in im :)
    Will get to play later when i get home.
    Had to make a quick post on boards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Im a bit upset tbh. I was enjoying watching thedoc rage :pac::pac:

Doc, whats this waffle about you being in 4kings on that stream thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Im in, preordered on the 31st of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hope some guildies get in. Guild leader says he is very lonely on the server. He levelled his alt before his main so he could level with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Dcully wrote: »
    Driving along and i hear my phone recieving email, pulled in had a quick luck and in im :)
    Will get to play later when i get home.
    Had to make a quick post on boards :P

ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Impossible to watch that stream Doc, framerate's terrible. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Stream seems fine for me.

Reading elsewhere that Wave 1 was apparently up to around 5th or 6th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Wave 2 is out already .. Jaysus they are really in a take no prisoners mood !

http://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/146968543123095552
    The second wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent. As always, check your spam folders!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Your Saga Begins‏

awww yeah

August 23rd latest in so far after wave 2.. wow! I might get in after all :)

A month (or so) in 2 waves sounds pretty good. And September was apparently a sloooow month for pre-orders.

• Advertisement

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/ncd7q/early_access_day_2_post_when_you_get_in

Very good post on reddit. I could be in next wave if they are guessing right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

DrMorphine wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/ncd7q/early_access_day_2_post_when_you_get_in

Very good post on reddit. I could be in next wave if they are guessing right
    They are seriously underestimating the number getting in. The vgchartz stats only show US retail only and they were still 120k in the first week. If you add in US digital editions and EU retail/digital, then it's more than likely 200-250k were let in yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Blowfish wrote: »
    They are seriously underestimating the number getting in. The vgchartz stats only show US retail only and they were still 120k in the first week. If you add in US digital editions and EU retail/digital, then it's more than likely 200-250k were let in yesterday.

Did I read somewhere that there was something like 2.5 million copies sold of this? Estamated 4 mill or something when they are live and established? If so... 250k activations a day will not fuhcking cut it. That will be the only negative and angry thing i have said :pac:

red_ice wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that there was something like 2.5 million copies sold of this? Estamated 4 mill or something when they are live and established? If so... 250k activations a day will not fuhcking cut it. That will be the only negative and angry thing i have said :pac:
    Indeed, but as linked above, they are letting in more today than yesterday so either way I wouldn't panic.

red_ice wrote: »

If they get up to early October like that reddit post suggests, I'd estimate they have about 800,000 to 1 million activated. Presuming the 2.5 million is true, which I had also heard. Going on that,it looks like everyone would be in on Saturday,and maybe some late people in early Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

3rd wave is out.. check mails :)

Going by current dates at 10th sep for wave 3 I will definitly get in wave 4.. I would be delighted I didnt expect to get in till friday

Servers definitely starting to fill up in the EU at least. Hopefully we don't start getting queues.

[edit] The French ones seem quiet enough though for some reason.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Servers definitely starting to fill up in the EU at least. Hopefully we don't start getting queues.

[edit] The French ones seem quiet enough though for some reason.

Still a lot of standards though, and would rather queues than this endless wait

Although I dont expect to be in until tomorrow's last wave or Fridays first few, and couldnt play until tomorrow night anyway

• Advertisement

Up to 21st Sep apparently.

Still, getting a bit worried that i won't get in till Saturday at the earliest now. Stupid lack of foresight on my part.

Advertisement