Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Early access

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Just got mine in the 3rd wave.

Goodbye Life

Blowfish wrote: »
    The French ones seem quiet enough though for some reason.

One of the early quests gives you the option to surrender and they all took it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiith wrote: »
    Up to 21st Sep apparently.

Still, getting a bit worried that i won't get in till Saturday at the earliest now. Stupid lack of foresight on my part.

When you pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Looks like it's up to Oct 2nd/3rd. So,with a bonus wave today or tomorrow,I reckon it'll be most of November in too. Might slow down towards the end of November after the big beta test

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

November 10th - LET ME INNNNNNNNNN :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Im in! :D and just finished work at 5 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it'd be awesome if you gits that got in could tell us what dates you activated your codes on so us poor beggars have an idea of when the doors open for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

red_ice wrote: »
    Im a bit upset tbh. I was enjoying watching thedoc rage :pac::pac:

Doc, whats this waffle about you being in 4kings on that stream thing?

Cause I used to work for them???

Shimmy stream seems fine, nobody reporting any severe issues.

Very much down to your side if there are any issues, cause I have the stream open on another windows and its been running perfect all day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

it'd be awesome if you gits that got in could tell us what dates you activated your codes on so us poor beggars have an idea of when the doors open for us :)

Sorry Bruh!

September 2nd for me

From what I can get from the vgchartz site, they let in about 370,000 US boxed preorders today. Going to reckon that's about 750,000 total today.

Going by that, if they leave the exact same tomorrow, they are more than likely going to get to about November 24th/25th, just before the big Beta weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Ere, are ye aware that Gamestop is selling this game over the counter tomorrow? I went down to pay off the pre order for the CE and he said I can collect it tomorrow.

V9 wrote: »
    Ere, are ye aware that Gamestop is selling this game over the counter tomorrow? I went down to pay off the pre order for the CE and he said I can collect it tomorrow.

It will have a sticker saying you can play till 20th

Final wave for today was released. I wonder what date they got up to

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

V9 wrote: »

Thanks for that info, they never got back to me on Twitter.

Will pick up my copy on Saturday probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Got the email, then had to go to work! Don't finish here until 23:30...who needs sleep though?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Activated 30th July, got in this afternoon in first wave.

From what I understand, they're up to October now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If it continues like yesterday, we should all get in. But i'd say tomorrow will be just October, with Friday being the rest.

hope so yea! :)

was watching Doc's stream, a guildie of his posted these numbers.
    Apparently preorder figures. They seem roughly right enough but anyway, i'm enjoying the speculation lol so here it is..

Starting left to right,
    Date for week ending, Units sold, Total units, and overall Preorder %

10-Dec -- 22,868 -- 939,358 -- 100.00%
    3-Dec -- 15,734 -- 916,490 -- 97.57%

26-Nov -- 74,916 -- 900,756 -- 95.89%
    19-Nov -- 72,708 -- 825,840 -- 87.92%
    12-Nov -- 54,543 -- 753,132 -- 80.18%
    5-Nov -- 43,779 -- 698,589 -- 74.37%

29-Oct -- 48,732 -- 654,810 -- 69.71%
    22-Oct -- 57,573 -- 606,078 -- 64.52%
    15-Oct -- 30,283 -- 548,505 -- 58.39%
    8-Oct -- 54,709 -- 518,222 -- 55.17%
    1-Oct -- 37,377 -- 463,513 -- 49.34%

As far as anyone knows - we're currently at between Oct 1st and Oct 4th with the activation emails. According to those numbers we're around 50% done after 2 days.
    Keep in mind the first days waves that went out were small compared to todays waves.
    100k the first day
    around 400k today
    If they pump out exactly as many activation codes per wave as today on thursday, everyone up til the end of November will be in tomorrow by 6pm.

Bear in mind, this is pure speculation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/ncd7q/early_access_day_2_post_when_you_get_in/

So in an attempt to make the post for today a little more organized: Please post only if you actually get in to the game. Say when you preordered and which wave you were in. Spell out dates to avoid confusion
    Day 1 Summary:
    Waves 1-4: July 21 - July 27 Estimated number of people: ~100,000
    Day 2 Summary:
    WAVE 1 latest date/time: August 8th Wave 1 estimate: ~ 100,000 people
    WAVE 2 latest date/time: August 23rd Wave 2 estimate: ~100,000 people
    WAVE 3 latest date/time: September 10th Wave 3 Estimate: ~ 86,000 people
    WAVE 4 latest date/time: October 4th Wave 4 Estimate: ~ 80,000 people
    Numbers source: http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40762/USA/
    Offical post about today: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391
    Based off numbers and offical post: number of players by the end of the day: ~500,000 (probably a little bit less)
    ROUGH ESTIMATE AT THE END OF DAY 2: Through very early October should get access THIS IS JUST AN ESTIMATE (accurate and confirmed the latest date is October 1)
    . Prediction for tomorrow: So far over half of all preorders have gotten access. Today we saw a little less than 400,000 people. I predict that all preorders will have access by the end of the day tomorrow.

• Advertisement

was watching that one too :) i just think the forecast is a little overly optomistic for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Starcade 2 points 3 hours ago September 30 and just got in.

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I preordered Oct 3rd :(

Hopefully,they get to me tomorrow. Can't see gettting everyone in, but should get to mid November hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

1. Let me in
    2. Let me in
    3. LET ME IN

RichieD wrote: »
    1. Let me in
    2. Let me in
    3. LET ME IN

Don't you mean Let the right one in?

news..
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=219733#edit219733
    A quick update on today's invites, and a little preview of tomorrow.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.

We'll check back in tomorrow with another update.

the bold part there is dated from yesterday, so they are talking about today.

December preorder-ers may as well go do something else today or sit watching the forums like me :( haha because you still have a faint glimmer of hope that maybe... just maybe you'll get in because of a clerical error xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just wish they sent the codes out earlier then 2pm. Don't really mind not getting in today (well i do, but whatever :mad:), but i'd like to be able to play before 2pm at the earliest tomorrow.

depends how things go today, (crossing fingers for bonus waves) but if they make it to the end of november, the number for the start of december are pretty low. which should mean if you preordered before or on the 10th, you "should" get in within the first wave.

• Advertisement

I'd get in Today only I made the mistake of ordering from play.com in November. I waited a couple of weeks and the key didn't arrive so I canceled and re ordered from amazon.co.uk a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly though - In a months time no one will give a flying damn when they got in, and the hate and frustration spewing from various forums by an unsettling number of individuals is an entertaining insight into just what an odd species the gamer is.

Advertisement