Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR: Early access

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I was just thinking about this. The excitement of knowing its gonna start on the 13th, then having to wait for your account to be activated etc. I was excited two days ago - now its just a pile of 'meh'. If anything, i think i've set myself up for a huge anti climax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Venjur wrote: »
    I'd get in Today only I made the mistake of ordering from play.com in November. I waited a couple of weeks and the key didn't arrive so I canceled and re ordered from amazon.co.uk a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly though - In a months time no one will give a flying damn when they got in, and the hate and frustration spewing from various forums by an unsettling number of individuals is an entertaining insight into just what an odd species the gamer is.

Six months from now it'll be: "you're a noob if you weren't at Waveathon 2011!!"

Im lost to what is happening . I was told you get the game 5 days early if you buy the pre order. I did that last week. So are we all going to be able to go on today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Im lost to what is happening . I was told you get the game 5 days early if you buy the pre order. I did that last week. So are we all going to be able to go on today ?

UPTO 5 days, not a guaranteed 5 days. Friday or Saturday, you'll be able to play me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

That seems like a ****ty sort of early access. Should of at least dropped the price when they knew people wouldn't get 5 days early access. Id be pretty pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Only a few more minutes and the first wave will go out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

taxi drivers have ripped me off for much more than a fiver :)

Its technically still early access if its before the 20th anyway. besides.. i'd rather be in and have no worries about lag or a hundred thousand other people trying to kill the same mob i am all the way through the starting zones.

Still.. gaggin' to get in :D

taxi drivers have ripped me off for much more than a fiver :)

Its technically still early access if its before the 20th anyway. besides.. i'd rather be in and have no worries about lag or a hundred thousand other people trying to kill the same mob i am all the way through the starting zones.

Still.. gaggin' to get in :D

Still if your advertising early access and charging a premium rate for with people are going to be pissed if they find out this early access could be as little as one day. It's just bad marketing imo.

I agree, even the people in the shop told me its 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Just got my early access email, bang goes any work I was going to get done tonight! Will need to pick them game up ASAP too. Gotta start dreaming up a name for my Imperial Agent

• Advertisement

the advert on the official site is "order before 20.12 and play before the release"

Anyone thats been saying otherwise since the advert was changed yesterday morning from "order now and you may play up to 5 days before the relase" to what is currently is has their facts wrong and really shouldnt be selling the game on those grounds.

Draupnir wrote: »
    Just got my early access email, bang goes any work I was going to get done tonight! Will need to pick them game up ASAP too. Gotta start dreaming up a name for my Imperial Agent

when did you activate your code Draupnir?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Dates of preorders when you get your access pls lads n ladies!! :pac:

the advert on the official site is "order before 20.12 and play before the release"

Anyone thats been saying otherwise since the advert was changed yesterday morning from "order now and you may play up to 5 days before the relase" to what is currently is has their facts wrong and really shouldnt be selling the game on those grounds.

Even with the changed status it's still a piss poor offer. Hell i remember with Rift they were giving people who had bought the CE but didn't receive the in game items an extra months sub over something they would eventually get anyway. Bioware just look like they are making it up as they are going along in terms of CS and offers.

i'm stuck in there with a december 10th preorder too, so i know what its like to be waiting for it. I agree with ye that its a shambles but thats the way they're doing it.

Good news though.. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745
    Morning everyone!

We're starting to send out more invites for today.

Here's the good news: overnight we decided to send out more invites than we had originally planned. However, we'll be spacing those invites out, which means we'll have more 'waves' than the previous four-per-day. We are inviting more people today than we did during yesterday.

I'll update this thread as we send invites. As a reminder, we're also updating our official Twitter accounts (@SWTOR, @SWTOR_FR and @SWTOR_DE) with the invites as they sent; that'll be more up-to-the-minute than this post.

For anyone who's not yet been invited, remember to have the email address no-reply@bioware.swtor.com in your address book so it doesn't hit spam filters.

Assuming you have the SWTOR client installed, you can also periodically launch it. If you're ready to go your 'play' button will be click-able.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

Judging by that i say almost everyone will be in by tonight! :D YES!

far to early to be anywere exact, but

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/ndr67/early_access_tracking_day_3/

this is saying they got almost an entire month in one wave.

Fortuitous news (if true) for us latecomers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well they said yesterday that today's waves would take us up to (roughly) the last week of November. So if they are sending out more than originally planned, it does look like everyone will be in today or by 2pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Time to tell the Girlfriend im sick and wont see her today, :eek::eek::eek:

I don't think they would make people angry and leave 1 last wave for tomorrow it doesn't seem like something they would need to do.

I pre-ordered 10th December so i am so hopeful that it makes it up the list :D

• Advertisement

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    I don't think they would make people angry and leave 1 last wave for tomorrow it doesn't seem like something they would need to do.

I pre-ordered 10th December so i am so hopeful that it makes it up the list :D

lol Mikey, same here - mine was around 2pm, what time was yours?

Wave 2 is out.

my mate (nov 8th activation) just got in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I pre-ordered yesterday! guess I'll be waiting a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I bought my copy the week (possibly the day) that Batman Arkham City came out. I can't remember when that was. But mid post I will google.

Google tells me it was around the 21st of October? Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

should i go the gym for a few hours or should i sit here and launch the launcher every 20 minutes....
    i ordered on december 4th :(

if i dont get in today i will cry :)

They are only up to around Nov 9th now, so you'd be safe to go out for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Kiith wrote: »
    They are only up to around Nov 9th now, so you'd be safe to go out for a while yet.

November 10th here and still no email :mad:

you should be in now Richie, check your client.

Up to the 16th now apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

you should be in now Richie, check your client.

Your Saga Begins :p . November 10th on the 3rd wave.

Advertisement