Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel reports forum full of locked threads

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

There seems to be issues witht the travel reports forum. There is an inordinate amount of threads shut down, here.

It seems a bit pointless that all these threads are shut down as people are usually looking for help. If it was a case that they are in the wrong place they could almost as easily be moved. This must be a problem for the mods there but there must be a bigger issue also. If so many people are posting in the incorrect section of this travel sub forum then it must not be clear where they should post. Perhaps if the sub forum heading was clearer people would post in correct place?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I cannot comprehend why so many people are posting non-travel-reports in the Travel Reports & Reviews forum. It seem perfectly obvious to me what the Travel forum and all it's subforums cover.

People are a bit thick, really.

Maybe closing the thread and making the OP repost in the correct forum makes the point that people should really use their brain before asking others to do it for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

It should be clear but with so many people making the same mistake there is a slight problem with it. Maybe a situation like the Religion and Spirituality topic has where all discussions of any subject are in a sub-forum would work better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Under the title of the forum when you view it from the main Travel forum it says
    Share your travel reports and reviews here.
    What would lead anyone to think they should post their requests for advice there?

From time to time I do a clean up of the closed threads but users learn nothing from having all the work done for them. My view is, there's a charter and a sticky thread telling posters not to post requests for advice in the forum and that threads can and will be closed. If they can't take the time to read either of those, I'm not inclined to spend my time moving threads to the correct forum.

It was mooted in the Mods Forum some time ago that perhaps that forum could be closed and there was a general agreement on it, however it wasn't acted upon. I don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It was mooted in the Mods Forum some time ago that perhaps that forum could be closed and there was a general agreement on it, however it wasn't acted upon. I don't know why.

Maybe that "some time ago" was the last time we discussed the travel forums here. I think it should now be done, and the contents moved to the general travel forum (and the recently-locked threads might, as an early Christmas present, be unlocked).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There was a separate discussion in the mods forum around the same time and suggestions from the Feedback thread were incorporated.

re Unlocking threads, for most of the recently locked threads the OPs have reposted in the correct forums. :)

If it is merged, I'd like to do a tidy up before it happens!

• Advertisement
Advertisement