Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Illy sign!

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does this herald the arrival of yet another coffeeshop???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Any hints as to where you spotted the sign?
    Have not seen it myself.

New coffee shops are always welcome - still have my own favourite though when I can get a seat - Della Stella.
    Nice food, really enjoy the coffee and the owner is very friendly with a great sense of humour - always made feel welcome there.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Is it not part of the vino pasta extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

It's opposite Eugene's in the old interflora shop. I didn't realise that vino pasta were expanding

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Yeah, read the planning application posted in the window and it is vino pasta... from the looks of it they are opening a cafe and shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Taltos wrote: »
    Any hints as to where you spotted the sign?
    Have not seen it myself.

New coffee shops are always welcome - still have my own favourite though when I can get a seat - Della Stella.
    Nice food, really enjoy the coffee and the owner is very friendly with a great sense of humour - always made feel welcome there.

OH YEAH ... that man does the best damn espresso in Greystones...pure class !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

do they have planning permission for the sign?? Perhaps Mike 'the planning police' Dragon32 will have some input :D
    Taltos wrote: »
    .. still have my own favourite though when I can get a seat - Della Stella.

Yep, still the best. Great coffee shop - Caffe del Stella (that's my version of the spelling).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Crap - got the name wrong - not as bas as getting the owners name wrong for around 4 months - as I said good chap - just laughed at me when I apologised and told me to "SIT DOWN" :) - queue horrified looks from some of the other patrons.

Ummm - think I have to head there later today for a latte....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Was driving past Vino Pasta today - it looks like a cafe alright. Perhaps they're looking to get a share of the daytime trade? Homan's won't be too happy about that.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

homans really need a bigger place, pity they're so recessed back into the shopfront.

Maybe they should advertise a bit more or put a sign up cos sometimes you wouldn't even know there was a coffee shop there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BarryAlistair

Putting throws out on their outdoor seating was inspired - a good solution to a small problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

I think vino pasta are missing a golden opportunity given its proximity to the dart stn it doesn't open in the am. I would love to nurse a nice coffee on my hour long daily commute.

Maybe they have done the research and the numbers didn't stack up if so I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    I think vino pasta are missing a golden opportunity given its proximity to the dart stn it doesn't open in the am. I would love to nurse a nice coffee on my hour long daily commute.

Maybe they have done the research and the numbers didn't stack up if so I stand corrected!

I fully agree Ciaran, I often wondered why Insomnia didn't do same. The coffee available from Eugenes just doesn't cut it.

Advertisement