Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books for a 6 year old Girl ?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Want to get some books for my 6 yr old daughter for xmas , she had a strong first class standard of reading , any suggestions ? she has read alot of the jaquelina wilson books : the sleepover , lizzy zipmouth ,monster story teller .. all suggestions welcome , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Try the Ballet Shoes series by Noel Streatfeild. I first read them when I was around your daughter's age and they were my favourite childhood books. You could also try get her started on the Roald Dahl books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

At that age I loved the Anne of Green Gables and Little House on the Prairie books.

Also, Pollyanna and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe books as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MagiD

+1 for Roald Dahl, my mam used to read them to me when i was young and i still love them now, as does my mam!!

I also read them to my little sister when she was around 5 or 6 and she loved them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton, Ann Fine, Daisy Meadows, Jenny Oldfield.

Advertisement