Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my eircom account

Options
  • 13-12-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

I recently switched to UPC since having nothing but problems with my eircom since I signed up a year ago.

UPC cancelled my account for me and I got an email from eirsom informing me my esecurity was cancelled.
    I then got a bill saying I had €20 to pay for the last few days before my service ended. I thought this was fair enough.
    Now I've gotten a bill saying that actually it's €70 I have to pay. The bill says the €20 is still to be paid and now I've to pay €50 for cancellation charge.

I'm really unhappy about this. I think it's very strange to be asked to pay one amount and then suddenly another amount on top of that. I am happy to pay the €20 but will not pay the extra as I fulfilled my year contract and left the company for a better service after many bad experiences which I have kept a record of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

bubblefett wrote: »
    I recently switched to UPC since having nothing but problems with my eircom since I signed up a year ago.

UPC cancelled my account for me and I got an email from eirsom informing me my esecurity was cancelled.
    I then got a bill saying I had €20 to pay for the last few days before my service ended. I thought this was fair enough.
    Now I've gotten a bill saying that actually it's €70 I have to pay. The bill says the €20 is still to be paid and now I've to pay €50 for cancellation charge.

I'm really unhappy about this. I think it's very strange to be asked to pay one amount and then suddenly another amount on top of that. I am happy to pay the €20 but will not pay the extra as I fulfilled my year contract and left the company for a better service after many bad experiences which I have kept a record of.

Hi bubblefett,

If you PM me with your eircom account number and I will look into the final bill you received.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

PM sent

bubblefett wrote: »
    PM sent

HI PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jojo100

I would like to cancel the agreement with Eircom. How do I do this? As soon as possible? Thanks

jojo100 wrote: »
    I would like to cancel the agreement with Eircom. How do I do this? As soon as possible? Thanks

Hi jojo100,

Eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

Eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days prior.

I know this is seems a little complicated but this is the set process eircom have put in place.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement