Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat Alarm Problem!!Please help!!

• 13-12-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 VW Passat Comfortline Highline 1.9 TDI.

The alarm keeps going off when the car is locked or even when I leave it unlocked. It will go off every few minutes.

I have read a few things online this morning:

1. Possibly air coming in through the air vents setting off the internal monitoring system. They suggested closing the vents and pressing the air recirculation button on the air conditioning panel before I leave the car. Makes sense, especially since the alarm seems to go off in pretty windy & cold conditions, just like last night.

2. Possible water leak under the battery tray caused by a blocked pollen filter causing a electrical fault in the battery causing the alarm to go off. This could lead to dampness in the control panel under the glovebox. The quick way to know is if there is dampness on the carpet on the passenger side of the car.

3. Remove fuse 14 from the control panel which will disable the alarm.

There is no dampness there but there was some dampness in the corner of the booth a few weeks ago.

I would really appreciate any advice on this. I parked the car this morning in the car park at work and I could hear it going off again even before I reached work.

Thanks!!

Advertisement