Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix devices for Ireland

• 13-12-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

With Netflix starting up in Ireland in the new year I was wondering are there many devices for sale in Ireland at the moment that will support the service. Will Netflix sell a branded device. I was planning on buying a Blueray player before Christmas and was thinking it would be nice if it supported Netflix. Does the Apple TV support Netflix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think the Boxee Box is one of the few that officially support it, the newer ones even come with a dedicated Netflix button on the remote (instead of play/pause which some people aren't too happy about).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,104 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

XBox probably. It just got Youtube in the latest software update and you can get Netflix on XBox in the states so I suspect the same is likely here too.
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011

New Xbox Netflix Player: New UI, Surround Sound but no 1080P

With the release of the new Xbox Dashboard update (which is now rolling out), Netflix has taken the opportunity to release an updated version of their streaming player. The new player has a number of new features including an overhauled user interface, integrated search, subtitles and Dolby Digital surround sound. Kinect gestures and voice commands can be used to control the app. Netflix also announced the availability of the new player in Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. The app will also be made available in the UK and Ireland in early 2012 via Xbox Live.
    See, I was right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

I was hoping for a device under the 100 Euro mark. The Roku seems good value in the States. However, I was hoping to buy it in Ireland. Is there any devices sold in Ireland for that price that will support Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

wextipp wrote: »
    I was hoping for a device under the 100 Euro mark. The Roku seems good value in the States. However, I was hoping to buy it in Ireland. Is there any devices sold in Ireland for that price that will support Netflix.

New WD TV Live FTW , has Spotify & NetFlix services running :

http://www.dabs.ie/products/western-digital-tv-live-streaming-media-player-7R19.html?q=wd%20live&src=16

Thanks. That's exactly the box I'm looking for and it's at a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭davejacko

Apple TV supports Netfix

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

Netflix launched in Ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Can anybody with an AppleTV device confirm whether Netflix is now on AppleTV in Ireland?

It currently seems like the device options are quite limited.

Only LG(Blu-ray), Samsung(TVs), Xbox 360 or Playstation.

Got it on my Apple TV this morning

jpt1980 wrote: »
    Got it on my Apple TV this morning
    Fantastic. Looking forward to checking it out when I get home. How is the interface / quality?

• Advertisement

I have Eircom NGB 24mb broadband and the quality is really good. The interface is just like the iTunes movie rental interface, easier to use than the Netflix website. A great feature is when you watch part of a programme or movie on say your iPad and you go to the same on Apple TV it picks up from where you left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭CKrules

Having some issues with the ps3. Cant find the app. Anybody got it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fitzfans37

It's working perfectly for me on my PS3. Didn't know it was today it was launching but just saw the Netflix icon under TV/Video services and signed up within 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubLx

afaik Netflix plays in a lot of different devices.. xbox, ps3, iOS, Android and some SmartTVs (Samsung at least).
    You can also use a PC or Mac :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭CKrules

Fitzfans37 wrote: »
    It's working perfectly for me on my PS3. Didn't know it was today it was launching but just saw the Netflix icon under TV/Video services and signed up within 2 mins

Should it be under video? All I have is BD data, search for media servers and video upload.

Had a look at Netflix last night. The supposedly HD quality was absolutely shocking I have a 100MB internet connection so it should have been pristine. There were lots of compression artifacts, noise and more. I'll try again tonight to see if it was a temporary issue but for now I'm not impressed. It's just about ok for casual viewing but the quality is distracting. I wasn't expecting blu-ray standards or anything but I was hoping it would give Sky / Sky HD a run for its money which it clearly doesn't. Will try and watch Breaking Bad tonight to see if I can sit through it. In fairness it's only €6.99 a month so perhaps I was expecting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭davejacko

hubiedubie wrote: »
    Can anybody with an AppleTV device confirm whether Netflix is now on AppleTV in Ireland?

It currently seems like the device options are quite limited.

Only LG(Blu-ray), Samsung(TVs), Xbox 360 or Playstation.

Yes, it works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

CKrules wrote: »
    Should it be under video? All I have is BD data, search for media servers and video upload.

When did you last do a software update on your PS3 ? Mine is at ver 4.0 and it has the NetFlix icon under the Video tab.

Oh and you should also have the RTE Player app there too ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 12 colinslade

Where do you find Netflix on ATV menu, was in it last night and couldnt see it anywhere? But guess I have just been looking in the wrong place?!!!!

thanks all for the stupid question.

colinslade wrote: »
    Where do you find Netflix on ATV menu, was in it last night and couldnt see it anywhere? But guess I have just been looking in the wrong place?!!!!
    thanks all for the stupid question.
    From memory, I think it's the first item under the 'Internet' menu. If it doesn't appear try rebooting your ATV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

It's the first item under Internet for me but it doesn't work - "Netflix is currently unavailable"

No problems from my PS3, iPad or Mac.

Chris

It's the first item under Internet for me but it doesn't work - "Netflix is currently unavailable"

Chris
    Same message appears on my iPhone the last hour or so, try it again later this evening

Chris
    A reboot of ATV sorted this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Douglas Preston

yes also having issues with PS3..no sign of netflix app under video..and RTE player app vanished after installing latest update...

The Roku LT is available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk for just under 50 Sterling. Looks like a good option for Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi

Have it working on PS3, Ipad, Iphone but its not appearing on my Live Hub .

EDIT: Found a firmware upgrade but only for the WD Live TV not for the "Hub Model"...http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_G3

has anyone heard of anything for the WD TV Live Hub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

yes also having issues with PS3..no sign of netflix app under video..and RTE player app vanished after installing latest update...

I had the same problem until some in another thread suggested I install Playtstation Home and that did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

does it only work on ATV 2 or will it work okay with a 1st gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kellylouise07

does anyone know what kind of data it uses?? i only have a 15gb allowence on my laptop and a 5gb on my iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,928 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

does anyone know what kind of data it uses?? i only have a 15gb allowence on my laptop and a 5gb on my iphone?
    From what I understand you could watch about 100 hours per month comfortably on that kind of data allowance.

As for devices look at the common ones:

-Apple TV
    -Roku
    -Boxee
    -WD TV
    -A fecking PC
    -Xbox 360
    -Wii
    -PS3
    -iPad, 3DS, etc.

Advertisement