Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfume online

Options
  • 13-12-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Does anyone have any links to where to buy perfume online. I am a bit wary of buying it online as it might not be genuine, but if anybody has links to genuine stores it would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mel123

Www.strawberrynet.com
    I've been using them for years but sometimes u can get better offers in shops around this time of year, free body lotions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

www.cheapsmells.com

They ship from outside the EU so you may get hit for customs. I have bought a few times though and have never been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

pippam wrote: »

I would second fragrancedirect. They are great value! Gettting late now for ordering though....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

www.cheapsmells.com

They ship from outside the EU so you may get hit for customs. I have bought a few times though and have never been charged.

Just so OP knows - you can also get hit with customs charges (VAT and Customs Clearance charge) but strawberrynet will pay this back to you if you email them the invoice from An Post, so no loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

www.sephora.fr

I used it today to buy Chanel No.5 Eau de Perfum 30ml for €49.10

Total: €67.10
    after VAT & delivery which is 5-9 days. Quicker options available.

The site is in French so have google translate open if you're not fluent. There's a Canadian one aswell in English but don't deliver to Ireland so find your way around with that too :)

I've no idea if what I got is good value :confused: perhaps someone might let me know :o

and you get 3 free samples with it and a nice box apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Also perfumeclick.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mikaido

They don't have as much as the other competitors but I've had great experiences ordering from this company.
    www.sencity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Supermumzy

Theres a great website that does cheap perfume www.perfumepalaces.com that are irish based! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

good to know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pangur.2008

I used to use strawberrynet, but they are no longer as cheap as they used to be. I currently use www.fragrancex.con they are very competitive on price but delivery takes ages about 30 days at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Supermumzy wrote: »
    Theres a great website that does cheap perfume www.perfumepalaces.com that are irish based! :)

Great prices but none of the stuff they sell is real is it?! All of it comes in different bottles (not the branded ones) so surely it false advertising to use the brand names...
    Btw the DAA Airports (DUB/ORK/SNN) do really good deals on perfumes, have look here http://www.theloop.ie/Dublin/Category/14-save-40-on-downtown-prices.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i would try ebay

all the stuff is real i even got sent a sample of my fav perfume before i bought it! Only reason they come in different bottles is because they cant be done for copyright then because they arent labelled its like a loophole to stop perfume companies rippin u off!! Sure they were only sued 60million in january for fixed pricing!!

All i know is I wear miss dior cherie and it usually costs me around 60e a bottle and i got it for 20e took a chance because didn have much money and it smells IDENTICAL! What more do ya want??? :D People always compliment me on it and little do they know it was only 20e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Ok so we'll call it a "real copy" then, just like the handbags and watches that are copied. Funny how you and the website quote that fixed pricing news article. I can link to some articles about copied perfumes and the weird ingredients they often use to make the stuff if you like...
    You surely are not claiming that what is in these bottles is identical to the branded stuff, as the exact ingredients are probably a well kept secret. It might smell the same (just as a copied bag "looks the same").
    Btw Its vey suspicious that in the few posts you have here you've mentioned this website a couple of times...

Ive read the weird articles saying some perfumes are made out of urine etc but i read up on these perfumes before buying and they are legit. Would be highly strange that they would smelly exactly the same?? Obviously they must be made with the same stuff?? I understand what your saying about copied bags etc sure they are easy to copy! But These perfumes come from the exact same company as Chanel, Dior etc. and the website i quoted is just because i appreciate a good bargain and thats were i bought mine ive told my mates about it too & as a single young mum saving 20e is a big deal and if you look theres lots of other websites with these goods they are a world wide company. At the same time of wantin a bargain i wudn really want to put urine or some chemical on myself!

If you read on the website which sounds fair enough to me Chanel and Dior are only brand names they pick a perfume and put their name on it and for them to make a bottle of perfume it costs 90cents or 1.50e ive read in other places. And its easy to see that celebrity endorsements, tv ads, marketing etc and the brand name your paying for just seems like common sense nearly. Like its there in writing by RTE saying they were all scamming together to overcharge people which is a disgrace. Its like nike runners they are made in like china or taiwan in sweat shops and then we pay a bomb. Its just a loophole because the perfume company owns whats in the bottles just not the brand names so as long as the bottles arent labelled they arent doing anything wrong just giving people what they want without the outrageous price! All sounds fair enough to me!!

I have seen dodgey perfumes on stalls with packaging like "Channel" and you see them at markets and they look DODGEY. But personally i just feel the story behind these perfume were legit plus i had a gift of miss dior cherie which i only had a bit left of and when i emailed the website & asked if they were legit and they sent me a sample which was the exact same! So of course i bought the bottle and still the exact same. Like if your gettin the exact same product for a fraction of the price only in a different bottle who cares?? your bottles just lie around or thrown in the end of my handbag!

DONT DISS IT TIL U TRY IT!! :D thats what i say!

Advertisement