Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

i want to get a new phone for the other half what would u recomend she usually has a nokia ,are the i phones any good and expensive she never uses the internet on her phone or the camera much so a fairly basic...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

touch screen or normal keypad?
    PAYG or contract?
    do u want to switch provider and keep number?
    what's her usage split between texts, voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My gf went from Nokia 5800 to iphone and hasn't looked back since. She'd marry it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have Xperia Mini Pro and it is excellent and not too expensive. Comes with a keyboard, not that big. Quite powerful for price.

Only real issue is battery life, seems to be an issue with all Smartphones though it is a little worse than my older phone which is an X8 but that is because they have the same battery in both and the mini pro is more powerful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nokia 500. Basic but good.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=610045&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view

No point shelling out for expensive phone when she wont use the camera never mind the internet. Tho she could fall in love with those two features if she had a go at one. Maybe camera + internet on current phone isn't of great standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Yakult wrote: »
    Nokia 500. Basic but good.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=610045&offerSelected=prepayupgrade&action=view

No point shelling out for expensive phone when she wont use the camera never mind the internet. Tho she could fall in love with those two features if she had a go at one. Maybe camera + internet on current phone isn't of great standard.

That's a really nice phone for the price and big internal memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement