Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loreto Abbey

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Anyone know why there's loads of car parked in the Abbey in Rathfarnham over the last few days? Just curious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

It's being used as a movie/mini-series location and the crew have been there for at least a week. Not sure which one but isn't some of the new Titanic one being shot in Dublin rather than Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Thanks for that very unexpected answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

yeah I pass it every day. It defo looks like a film set. No idea what set though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

More info here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056478229

It's for the new Titanic Mini Series, did you spot all the little signs around the area with Titanic on them ?

That V.I.P taxi driver must be getting a fortune for nothing being sat outside the gates all day, it's been there every time I passed this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Must slow down next time I'm driving past! Although last night I did notice a lighting tower for the first time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement