Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Old Formula

• 13-12-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi everyone!
    I know there is already a Sally Hansen thread here somewhere but this is specifically about the old formula of Sally Hansen!
    I am obsessed with airbrush legs by Sally Hansen, it covers the redness on my arms and gives me a natural looking tan, and I find the bottle lasts for ages too!
    But I finally ran out of my bottle and bought a new one last week but noticed its a new formula and it's horrible! It doesn't cover well at all anymore, the old formula was almost like foundation, but the new one goes on very orange and still shows up my redness, and worst of all is the glitter! It used to be natural and matte but the new formula looks like I've become a twilight character, I dont like sparkling!
    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I can buy the old formula of this product in Dublin/Kildare/Online. I wouldn't be keen on buying off eBay though. I noticed the new formula doesn't say "Vitamin K" on it like the old ones has.

Anyway thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I know they do different shades, are ya sure it was the same shade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I didn't realise they brought out a new formula. That explains why my clothes are covered in glitter!!

I thought I just never noticed the glitter before. I also use it for my arms instead of tan and it's a pain in the back side having the glitter go everywhere.

They have an Irish Facebook page if you want to contact them there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

SarahJ wrote: »
    I know they do different shades, are ya sure it was the same shade?

Yeah it's definitely a new formula. On the Sally Hansen website everyone is complaining about it.
    I guess I'll just have to try track it down in some chemist somewhere, and last resort; buy online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Ah no way I didn't know! I love this stuff and my can is nearly gone. Why the hell do they change something that works so well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Does anyone else find that there are parts of your legs (especially the middle centre) that just don't get covered properly by the new formula, it kind of glazes over them and leaves them white-ish? Maybe it's just me?

• Advertisement

coco_lola wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that there are parts of your legs (especially the middle centre) that just don't get covered properly by the new formula, it kind of glazes over them and leaves them white-ish? Maybe it's just me?

The new formula doesn't give half the coverage the old one did, it's definitely more watery. The old formula used to cover redness on my knees, the new one just makes them look orangey red now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Hihello

the brand w7 do something similar called tights in a tin. I heard its almost as good as Sally Hansen. They sell it in New Look its 4.99 for a big bottle of it

Hihello wrote: »
    the brand w7 do something similar called tights in a tin. I heard its almost as good as Sally Hansen. They sell it in New Look its 4.99 for a big bottle of it

I was just about to say this, as I work in New Look & came across it last week.

I too, was sick of the shimmer that Sally Hansen gives off now..

But this New Look version "tights in a tin" (I know! :p ) does exactly as old Sally Hansen used to and it's a bargin at €4.99 and comes in a medium & dark glow! :)

Ava-Adore wrote: »
    Hihello wrote: »

I was just about to say this, as I work in New Look & came across it last week.

I too, was sick of the shimmer that Sally Hansen gives off now..

But this New Look version "tights in a tin" (I know! :p ) does exactly as old Sally Hansen used to and it's a bargin at €4.99 and comes in a medium & dark glow! :)

Wow this stuff sounds amazing! Do you know if they sell it in the New Look in the Jervis Centre in Dublin city centre? I'll be in there tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Hi

I got a response from sally Hanson Ireland

Said they were in the process of reformulating and should be in stores shortly. Whenever that means!

I the meantime will give tights in a tin a go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement