Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with parking please

Options
  • 13-12-2011 12:57pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have to go the passport office tommorow and will probably be arriving around 10ish. Where is the best place to park - I don't really know Cork at all and will be travelling from Limerick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭kirving

http://g.co/maps/x7a2c

Space right outside between the Alfa and the Focus! :D

Sorry! I don't know Cork whatsoever, but there appears to be lots of cars parked around the back, so you should find a spot close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Multi-storys are prob your best for convenience... I'm guessing office is on South Mall, in which case any of them will do you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Morrisons Island is the quay behind the passport office, its €2 per 2 hours, you can buy the parking disc in most shops/garages in cork. i suggest you purposely stop somewhere and pick one up as the nearest shop that sells them would be by the GPO or across parlament bridge depending on where you park.

for south mall the same €2 disc gets you one hour parking (street the passport office is on) its usually very full but you might get someone pulling out as you drive down.

the nearest multistory would be Merchants Quay, last time i was in there it was €2.20 for the first hour, and €4.40 for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Morrisons Island is the quay behind the passport office, its €2 per 2 hours, you can buy the parking disc in most shops/garages in cork. i suggest you purposely stop somewhere and pick one up as the nearest shop that sells them would be by the GPO or across parlament bridge depending on where you park.

for south mall the same €2 disc gets you one hour parking (street the passport office is on) its usually very full but you might get someone pulling out as you drive down.

the nearest multistory would be Merchants Quay, last time i was in there it was €2.20 for the first hour, and €4.40 for 2 hours.

Further to hoodwinked, there is a newsagents across from the Passport Office where you can get parking discs - you can also pay for your parking by phone on the South Mall but I don't know if you have to register in advance or not.

There used to be Pay & Display machines on Morrisons Island too - they were part of a pilot programme - if still there you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

as mentioned, the parking disks are your best bet. however i think on the south mall there is only a 1 hour limit(check the signs)
    you will probably be over an hour. i suggest trying to apply via post office if its just a standard passport you;re looking for

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

EyeSight wrote: »
    as mentioned, the parking disks are your best bet. however i think on the south mall there is only a 1 hour limit(check the signs)
    you will probably be over an hour. i suggest trying to apply via post office if its just a standard passport you;re looking for

thanks but I need one quickly so don't have much choice - typical:rolleyes:

big thanks to all the suggestions on parking, hopefully won't get lost:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The street parking on the quay and mall are usually full by 10am.

pow wow wrote: »
    The street parking on the quay and mall are usually full by 10am.

thanks for that.

If I set my sat nav for south mall will I pass a multi story car park??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Merchants quay would be best for you. Google it. Come all the way down the South Mall... turn left onto Parnell Place and you cant miss Merchants Quay Car Park on the left nearly down by the quay. There will be a queue. Failing that if your coming from Limerick and coming down the north ring and going through the jack lynch tunnell you could do the park and ride in the black ash.

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/blackashparkandride/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Also a handy car park is the one under the Clarion hotel. Thats very close to the passport office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Parkmagic works for on-street parking in Cork City - I think it is also used in Limerick. Maybe you're registered already?

Parkmagic works for on-street parking in Cork City - I think it is also used in Limerick. Maybe you're registered already?

that would be great if I could get on street parking and use the park magic.
    just hoping its not too busy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I didn't know you could use the Limerick park magic thingy in Cork, tks for that.

Advertisement