Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone interested in helping us test a Boards.ie iOS app?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

yes please
    iphone4

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

Yes please ipod 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dipper.meath16

Has the app been tried out yet?? any response?
    Ill try it! I phone 4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Hi All,

A bit of an update with regards to beta testing and to the app in general.

All of us involved in making the app had a sit down and think about the whole user experience of the current build of the app and we felt like we can and should do better, in light of this we have gone back to the whiteboards. We believe in doing this app right and not end up with a Gmail iOS app on our hands, this will just take some more time.

I had a sit down with one of the mobile guys today with current app and the proposed new design of the app and hand on heart when this is finished it will blow your socks off.

I'm not sure how the guys will want to distribute the app for beta testing and I'll ultimately leave that up to them but please continue to share your interests on testing on this thread.

I'll post back here when there is more news with regards to the beta testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm interested too whenever it's available. iPhone 4S with whatever the current iOS version is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Hi All,

All of us involved in making the app had a sit down and think about the whole user experience of the current build of the app and we felt like we can and should do better, in light of this we have gone back to the whiteboards. We believe in doing this app right and not end up with a Gmail iOS app on our hands, this will just take some more time.

I had a sit down with one of the mobile guys today with current app and the proposed new design of the app and hand on heart when this is finished it will blow your socks off.

I'm not sure how the guys will want to distribute the app for beta testing and I'll ultimately leave that up to them but please continue to share your interests on testing on this thread.

Any hope if a port over to android aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Hi All,

Neil, just an idea that you could publish your current App and allow everyone test it and turn this into a features suggestion thread as well as testing. That's just my 2cents from a software engineer to a fellow developer.

collier wrote: »
    Neil, just an idea that you could publish your current App and allow everyone test it and turn this into a features suggestion thread as well as testing. That's just my 2cents from a software engineer to a fellow developer.
    afraid that's a no go, I'd love to show people what's there already as I love it (still use on the way to work) but it doesn't matter how many greek letters you stick after an app release people will judge a completely unfinished and pretty much canned version of the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

afraid that's a no go, I'd love to show people what's there already as I love it (still use on the way to work) but it doesn't matter how many greek letters you stick after an app release people will judge a completely unfinished and pretty much canned version of the app

No worries that's understandable. I'm looking forward to the app you guys release and I would always be happy to provide constructive feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

me please, iphone4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Any chance of some screen shots of this app , just to give us a preview of what it will look like / how it will work?

Thanks

L5 wrote: »
    Any chance of some screen shots of this app , just to give us a preview of what it will look like / how it will work?

Thanks
    read my post above ^^

first any of you guys will see this app is when its ready for beta testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Matthewjohn

Yes please
    I have an iPhone 3GS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 maccy

Yes please.
    iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 maccy

Yes please.
    iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yes please.
    iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

yes iphone 4S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

yes iPhone 4s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Count me in! iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1 (or whatever the up-to-date iOS is whenever you release!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Yes please. Ipod Touch 4th gen IOS v4.2.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yes please, iPhone 4s iOS 5.0.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Go on then

iPhone 5 on IOS 6.0GM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

:D
    Go on then

iPhone 5 on IOS 6.0GM