Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Vanished.

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I opened a new thread in media coverage, a polite and frank message today it has vanished without a trace or contact.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

This isn't a DRP so I've moved it to the Help Desk. The Media Coverage forum is for discussing boards.ie in the media, not general events that are being discussed in the media :)

You could try a forum that's more appropriate to the subject matter itself... but I'd be a little more mindful of the rather emotive language you used tbh - there's frank and there's asking for trouble ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I don't think the phrase I used is very emotive...i.e "licking up to" it is a commonly used phrase used since childhood in every english speaking country in the world. I used it in the context of Pat Kenny in conversation with the leader of a trade union, namely Liam Doran yesterday on radio, and in my view my remarks were quite appropriate, frank and honest without being insulting. Mr. Kenny I am sure has often used this phrase himself. A pity the thread had to be pulled, it contained no offensive content, I would be pleased if you would reinstate this thread where you consider it appropriate.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement