Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty logging in on m.boards

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

My account is automatically logged out when inactive for a while on m.boards.ie on my Blackberry, thats not a problem I want it that way. The difficulty arises when I try to log in again, it takes 3-4 attempts to get back in each time.

1st attempt after entering username and oassword message on screen "invalid_redirect_url_x", with the log-in boxes underneath that message

2nd attempt after entering username and password message on screen same as above, without the log-in boxes but with option to Log Out? Doesn't make sense when I'm not logged in!

Select Log Out

Message on screen "All cookies cleared" with login boxes available again also option to return to page I was previously viewing or Go to forums index

3rd time then to enter user name and password I get back in

Any ideas what causes this and can I do anything to fix it. I'm not making any errors with username or password in case that might be a suggestion.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Just wondering if anyone's had a chance to look at this query?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

The exact same thing happens to me. It's been that way for a while. Im not on a blackberry though. Very frustrating.

Hi there, just wondering if anyone's had a chance to have a look at my query yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Happens to me too . Please fix :)

Happening to me too. Please fix

• Advertisement

Mr Magners wrote: »
    My account is automatically logged out when inactive for a while on m.boards.ie on my Blackberry, thats not a problem I want it that way. The difficulty arises when I try to log in again, it takes 3-4 attempts to get back in each time.

1st attempt after entering username and oassword message on screen "invalid_redirect_url_x", with the log-in boxes underneath that message

2nd attempt after entering username and password message on screen same as above, without the log-in boxes but with option to Log Out? Doesn't make sense when I'm not logged in!

Select Log Out

Message on screen "All cookies cleared" with login boxes available again also option to return to page I was previously viewing or Go to forums index

3rd time then to enter user name and password I get back in

Any ideas what causes this and can I do anything to fix it. I'm not making any errors with username or password in case that might be a suggestion.

Thanks.

Happening to me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The reason I missed this thread for so long is because Site Bugs go in Site Development.

There are several issues here:

1) The cannot find phrase error - this is resolved, I added the missing phrase so now you'll have at least some meaningful error should this happen again

2) Why it happens - There is a security feature that means you cannot use the redirect feature (which is used after you log in) to redirect to a site that's not whitelisted. m.boards.ie was not whitelisted, however by chance we saw this crop up on another subdomain today and I have a fix for it ready to be deployed.

3) Skipping over the first two issues, lets say they don't resolve the problem - despite the fact you have received the error invalid_url_redirect_x, it occurs after logging in. So you are logged in, forget about the error and go to another page (e.g. the home page) and it will work.

It's fixed!!

Thanks Danny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement