Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Buy American Cream Soda in Waterford?

Options
  • 13-12-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi all,

Went to Tesco recently to buy a bottle of Country Spring's finest only to see they don't stock it anymore, nor do the other supermarkets! Bit miffed now because I really need a few bottles for an upcomming party (great mixer is the Cream Soda) and all I could get my hands on was Tesco's own brand "No Added Sugar Diet Smooth Cream Soda"! I **** you not, that's what they are calling it!

It doesn't taste a thing like the original stuff I remember. Does anyone know of any shops or super/mini-markets in the Waterford City area that still stock it?

Really hoping someone can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hi all,

Went to Tesco recently to buy a bottle of Country Spring's finest only to see they don't stock it anymore, nor do the other supermarkets! Bit miffed now because I really need a few bottles for an upcomming party (great mixer is the Cream Soda) and all I could get my hands on was Tesco's own brand "No Added Sugar Diet Smooth Cream Soda"! I **** you not, that's what they are calling it!

It doesn't taste a thing like the original stuff I remember. Does anyone know of any shops or super/mini-markets in the Waterford City area that still stock it?

Really hoping someone can help.

I don't know anywhere that stock it anymore but what I do to make a drink similiar to cream soda is mix American Ginger Ale with Absolut Vannila Vodka.... lovely drink if you are looking for something similiar

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

cans of cream soda in porters (or whatever its called these days ) in city square, only one row in the bottom of the fridge ;) 3 cans for a €1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Have you tried superquinn? There normally good for stuff like that. I love the Orange country spring!

What do you mix the cream soda with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Izy wrote: »
    cans of cream soda in porters (or whatever its called these days ) in city square, only one row in the bottom of the fridge ;) 3 cans for a €1 :D

Not living here long enough to know where Porters is but I'll have a look around, thanks :-)

michellie wrote: »
    Have you tried superquinn? There normally good for stuff like that. I love the Orange country spring!

What do you mix the cream soda with ?

Yea superquinn only have one flavour at the mo (can't remember which). Captain Morgan Spiced Rum is great with cream soda. I'm not one for drinking but this stuff is great and the effect is a nice clean tipsy one, not like beers or spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

try supervalu or lidl

• Advertisement

Tried both SuperValue and Lidl.

Porters is now called Cards 'n Things Izy (Thanks Google)

I wrote to the sales Dept. of Gleeson Group earlier (who own Country Spring) but they have not yet replied.

I have tried Tesco-(Ardkeen & PoleBerry), Dunnes, Superquinn, Ardkeen Stores, Supervalue, Aldi, Lidl, Centra and Spar.

So I guess it would be just the random newsagents or grocers that i am looking to see if anyone knows about.

Thanks

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Wow your on a mission to find them! I'll keep an eye out myself and post here if I see any.

Sounds yummy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Jubo

Think I saw cream soda in Londis out at Ballinakill. I'm pretty sure it was at the back of the shop where the orange juice is - not at the side where the other fizzy drinks are. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I was only talking about this stuff the other day to my sister, i'd kill for a big fat 3ltr bottle of it now.

Jubo wrote: »
    Think I saw cream soda in Londis out at Ballinakill. I'm pretty sure it was at the back of the shop where the orange juice is - not at the side where the other fizzy drinks are. :)

Well that's just down the road from me! :-)

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Many Thanks.

Simon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Diddnt have a bottle of that stuff in ages. Dying for some now.

country spring bleeding rules. I go through some load of the red lemonade country spring make :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Anyone know where i could get some root beer,i tried all the big stores but no luck and i love the stuff.

Jubo wrote: »

Was out at Londis today. Those tiny bottles for nearly 2 quid are no use to me.

I'm looking for the big 3 litre "Country Spring" Cream Soda for about 1.79 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Birdfood

Marks & Spencer do lovely Cream Soda in a glass bottle, but I think the nearest one to Waterford is probably Clonmel.

Advertisement