Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT passed

• 13-12-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Im well pleased that my Sierra passed its test today at the first try, but was expecting a full years cert (first reg in UK 12/12/1990) but only got a disc up to March as thats the date it was regisitered...Bit miffed!

Comments

Congrats - So in 3 weeks time you can put it through the NCT again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i could indeed! If had known and waited those three weeks, would I have got 15 months NCT? Jeez I hope not! Surely not on a first NCT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

corktina wrote: »
    i could indeed! If had known and waited those three weeks, would I have got 15 months NCT? Jeez I hope not! Surely not on a first NCT.

no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

10 year old cars are now subject to an annual NCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

When was the car first registered in Ireland?

• Advertisement

last narch...

last narch...

All right.
    So NCT was due in March.
    So as you said, if you waited few weeks (or even days) you would get 15 months cert.

F.E if car was first registered 15th March 2011, then if you tested it on or after 15th December 2011, you would get a cert valid until 15th March 2013.

Regulations changed few years back, and NCT due date on imported cars is due in accordance with first registration in Ireland, not in home country as it used to be.

One thing makes me wondering.
    If car was registered in March 2011, then it was due NCT from then, and NCT should be done then. If it was done then, then it would be 2 years cert issued up to March 2013. I'm wondering why wasn't it done straight away.

i dont think you are correct. I can't see them doing that when the car has never been NCTd bedfore.

As for it not being done so far (not that its your business) it wasn't me that re-registered it

i dont think you are correct. I can't see them doing that when the car has never been NCTd bedfore.

It's not up to them NCT crowd.
    It's all regulated by legislation, which they have to adhere to.
    NCT can be done 90 days in advance of due date, no matter if it was done before or not.
    I'm 100% correct here.
    As for it not being done so far (not that its your business) it wasn't me that re-registered it

OK, sorry - I wasn't trying to be nosy.
    It's just I assume someone might have not known that NCT has to be done straight away after registering.
    Here we've got quite funny situation.
    Car imported in March 2011.
    If NCT was done between March 2011 and June 2011, then cert would be valid for 2 years from due date, meaning up to March 2013.
    If NCT was done between July 2011 and Decmber 2011 - then cert would be valid until March 2012, making it worse situation when done in December, as you just get the cert for 3 months.
    If NCT would be done less then 90 days from due date March 2012, (f.e. after 15th Dec 2011 if due date was 15th March 2012) then cert would be valid until March 2013.

Advertisement