Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest international bank tranfer

Options
  • 13-12-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Have to transfer money to Polish bank accounts for euro 2012 accomodation.

Had to pay a deposit of €30 on a hostel and ulsterbank charges were about €12.70 i think (was getting my brother to do it for me)

Where would the cheapest place to go to for this service? Ideally some way I could do the whole thing online?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Had to pay a deposit of €30 on a hostel and ulsterbank charges were about €12.70 i think (was getting my brother to do it for me)

Where would the cheapest place to go to for this service? Ideally some way I could do the whole thing online?

Thanks.

With AIB online you can do standard International bank transfer for free for Urgent transfers they do charge.

If you know anyone with AIB online they might do it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

nava wrote: »
    With AIB online you can do standard International bank transfer for free for Urgent transfers they do charge.

If you know anyone with AIB online they might do it for you.

Thanks. Typical I just closed down a redundant AIB account a couple of weeks back as they were going to start introducing current account chargers... Had that account for nine years! should be able to find somebody on AIB though!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Thanks.

Hey if I'm not mistaken it should be free ( or 50cent max set up fee), I remember a few years back transferring money to a bank abroad was between 15-20 quid but now it's free in Europe or may be its just euro currency using countries not sure which one...
    I have myself transferred money to Finland, Germany and Spain a good few times and all it cost was 50 cent but as I said it might be only euro money countries and not the whole of Europe but I could of sworn it was....worth checking a few banks and asking....

Advertisement