Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cosmetic contact lenses

• 13-12-2011 4:08pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I saw these today in a shop in Blanch, they were €19.99 and they come in all colours and styles and I'm thinking of buying a pair for a party I'm going to.

Nothing outlandish, I just want to change my eyes from green to brown for a change..

Anyone have any experience with them? Will they damage my eyes? Are they easy put in and take out?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I had a purple set before. I don't wear glasses or contacts and found them a bit tricky at first to get in, but with pratice they are easy enough. Have heard they can damage your eyes but if you look after them properly i.e only wear them for a few hours at a time and keep them in a proper solution you should be fine. If you are are anyway sqeamish I would avoid them as there is alot of eyeball touching to get them in and out:)

As OrchidsrPretty above says, they are tricky if you have no experience with contact lenses.

I wear contacts everyday, so I have no problem in changing my eye colour on a whim. However, if you are considering buying coloured contacts, you have to be prepared to practice putting them in and taking them out of your eyes..

It does take a few goes to really get the hang of it.
    And make sure to buy solution so you can properly store them, don't exceed the hours you wear them for, and this will prevent any damage being done to your eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

xzanti wrote: »
    I saw these today in a shop in Blanch, they were €19.99 and they come in all colours and styles and I'm thinking of buying a pair for a party I'm going to.

Nothing outlandish, I just want to change my eyes from green to brown for a change..

Anyone have any experience with them? Will they damage my eyes? Are they easy put in and take out?

Cheers :)

From what I have read, you should only buy contacts from an opticians. You can seriously damage your eyes. You are putting something that could be some cheapo thing from China onto your most valuable asset. They also may not fit your eye and be scratchy.

Opticians will give you safe lenses and show you how to safely put them in and remove them.

Here is an old thread where people were discussing it btw! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055160681&page=2

Advertisement