Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Worked wrong shift

• 13-12-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭

I started in Dunnes this week but had my first weeks hours changed over the phone at the weekend to what I thought they were meant to be

I got a bit mixed up and ended up working the wrong shift, 10-2, instead of 2-6.

Only realised myself when I got home.

What do I do? Do I let them know or just say nothing and hope I get paid as normal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

P45 for you ! Only kidding ....... yeah just let them know the SNAFU occured and make sure your supervisor is aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I work in Dunnes too. No big deal :) they'll know you didn't do the right shift anyway from your clock in details whether you tell them or not. Next time you're in just explain what happened. Easy enough for them to amend. Odd that your manager didn't notice when you came in at the wrong time haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wow how did nobody cop that? Neither of those shifts are lates (presumably store opens later than 6?) so it won't really matter- the only thing that would matter is cover for tills- if you're till-trained.

It will be known anyway from your clock-in. If anyone says it to you, just explain yourself. Nobody will bite your head off for that- they'll just tell you to keep an eagle eye on the roster when it goes up (you should be on it next week, takes a few days). Although, be warned. They often change the rosters so check it a few times- or change them mentally in their head without telling you!

Advertisement